• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile Phone

Do you have a mobile phone?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
What is your mobile phone, if you have one, and why did you choose that one? I put this here because..it's technology and even though it's a poll, it is still fitting for here (there are polls here too.) Also, I could find nothing about this (in here, or OVP.)

So, do you have a mobile phone? If so, what is it?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I might confuse some people here so read carefully.
Right now at this moment I have a Sony Ericsson W995
sony-ericsson-w995-hikaru-walkmanphone-goes-live.jpg

I bought it for some of the simplest reasons:
1. Its an SE. I trust those things more then anything
2. I cannot stand Symbian on Nokia's phones.
3. Build quality. You will not find this elsewhere.
4. Sound. Best stereo speakers on a phone in ages. Clearbass makes things perfect.
5. The Camera. Its a slight tad worse then the C905 but it doesn't ,mean its horrible. Strangely enough though the video capturing is better.
6. The screen is the largest on an A200 SE. 2.6 whopping inches.
7. The kickstand. Most Useful. Phone. Appendadge.
8. They freaking finally put a 3.5MM jack in their walkman flagship.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I actually have two mobile phones.

Virgin Mobile Marbl
phpThumb.php

• Full Color Screen
  • Web Browser
  • Text
  • Real Music Ringtones
I use it for texting and that's about it, it really sucks. It cost 10 dollars though..brand new.

Then my brother gave me his old Blackberry 7520. I still need a sim card for it, but once I get it I can get on AIM and use it completely for free which I think is very nice.

Nextel/Boost Blackberry 7520

7520.jpg

Basically does everything a Blackberry normally does. However, it has no camera. Also I cant text, but I can get around that and text to mobile phones through AIM.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I actually have two mobile phones.

Virgin Mobile Marbl
phpThumb.php

• Full Color Screen
  • Web Browser
  • Text
  • Real Music Ringtones
I use it for texting and that's about it, it really sucks. It cost 10 dollars though..brand new.

Then my brother gave me his old Blackberry 7520. I still need a sim card for it, but once I get it I can get on AIM and use it completely for free which I think is very nice.

Nextel/Boost Blackberry 7520

7520.jpg

Basically does everything a Blackberry normally does. However, it has no camera. Also I cant text, but I can get around that and text to mobile phones through AIM.
It has no SMS messaging but Aim Messenger? Wow.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
nokia5800-us-fcc.jpg

I have one of these.
Nokia XpressMusic 5800
Touch screen,
Symbian OS,
Great Sound System,
3.2 Mp Carl Zeiss Camera with Flash,
8 Gb of space.

This phone is on par with an IPhone.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I have a Motorola C550 on my desk but I don't consider it mine and I never use it.

I should get a phone that's mine and that I know how to use though. I want something like a Nokia 2110 because I hate everything modern phones have become.

as2

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
nokia5800-us-fcc.jpg

I have one of these.
Nokia XpressMusic 5800
Touch screen,
Symbian OS,
Great Sound System,
8 Gb of space.

I have one of these; and after having an iPhone too, it's no way near on par with the iPhone! They are in completely different markets.

There is so many things the 5800 misses, or does wrong. Mine currently likes to randomly wipe the call history! Also, the music player has problems reading random tags; instead I just have a load of 'Unknown Music'. Every other Mp3 player on the planet has no troubles at all!

The email client is dire, although I do quite like the onscreen alphanumberic T9 pad. I missed T9 when I had the iPhone!

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
Apple iPhone.
Pretty much; if you don't have one of these you're just on a stepping stone on the way to getting one.

Gabri

m8
Years
n78.jpg

Nokia N78. I chose it because it has got a nice camera (3.2 megapixels) and because I've used Nokias all my life and got used to Symbian. Also I like its look.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
nokia5800-us-fcc.jpg

I have one of these.
Nokia XpressMusic 5800
Touch screen,
Symbian OS,
Great Sound System,
8 Gb of space.

When you said "Symbian OS" you made it clear that it's not on par with an iPhone.

And yes, I have an iPhone. 3G, black, 8GB.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
My phone is pro. It looks something like this. Ph33r:
Spoiler:

But in all seriousness, I've never really had the need for a cell phone. One reason I don't like them is that I don't like people to be able to call me no matter where I'm at. I prefer to be isolated sometimes. However, if I were to get one, I'd probably just get the cheapest, most durable thing I could find. I generally have my laptop hand, so it's not like I need any extra functionality (though I suppose it does take a few seconds to get out and set up).

Years
I've got a Nokia E71 and have absolutely no intentions of changing anytime soon. (which is good, as an upgrade will set me back a few dollars) It's just great. The tweaked Symbian OS is logical, intuitive and responsive. (If you've had bad experiences in the past, don't hold a grudge) It does everything I need and the qwerty keyboard makes typing easy. I'm basically touchtyping on it by now.

I'm not saying it's better or worse than the iPhone, as it's a different product intended for a different market. That said - I would much prefer to stick with this than change to an iPhone. I don't need to pop virtual bubble wrap to be perfectly honest. Plus touchscreens annoy the hell out of me. :D

I've changed from the default theme to something a little more vibrant, though.

Unlocked+Nokia+E71.jpg

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
6234_prf_low.jpg

Nokia 6234
I've had it for two years now and mine's got a lot of scratches all over it. :<
But I quite like the Nokia interface, so I probably won't change until it breaks or I win a phone. XD Besides, mine's got a way sexier theme than the silly looking default one.

Back