• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter's Corner

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for the new read. It was a nice read, and I didn't even know there was a new tool in the works around. :P

Very informative, I must say.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I keep misreading this as 'writer's corner', lol. Good going, hope to see version V soon!

I would recommend this hack for a check-up, though it's not as active as I expected it to be.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
Thanks for the new read. It was a nice read, and I didn't even know there was a new tool in the works around. :P

Very informative, I must say.
Thank you. I'm always glad to know I've given someone some new knowledge and an enjoyable read. I hope you like further issues! n_n
I keep misreading this as 'writer's corner', lol. Good going, hope to see version V soon!

I would recommend this hack for a check-up, though it's not as active as I expected it to be.
Haha. Maybe in time you'll know that this is WINTER'S corner. :P I'll get the fifth edition up in about 5-8 days. I like to space these things out. :P I'll be sure to check out that hack! Thanks for the link!

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Greetings readers. o:
Winter's been otherwise occupied lately, but rest assured the next edition will be out soon ( Monday-ish )! :)

Winter Wonderland

Years
Hey, guys. Sorry I've been gone for so long. I recently moved to a different house and I'm currently without internet.
... AND my laptop broke. I'll be back in action soon enough. So, yeah. n_n Sorry for the inconvenience. D:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years

Winter's Corner.
Fourth Edition - 8.1.2012

Intro.
Konichiwa! Full Metal here, posting in place of Winter Wonderland, as she has been busy and cried until I agreed to do this. Fear not! She will return soon! I think!

Standing Out!
Let's face it: there are millions of hacks done that never get anywhere. Yet even those manage to grab the spotlight. Are you genuinely dedicated to your hack, and actually want support? Read this section carefully, then! The majority of hacks that get nowhere are executed by people who don't even touch the R&D section. Here's a little secret for you: The R&D section has tons of valuable information that can add little tweaks to your hack. For example, Hackmew's tutorial on allowing your players to run indoors is a terrific tweak! What about making the player face trainers when they initiated into a battle. Better yet, try leading your own R&D project! If you need to learn ASM, Shiny Quagsire, JPAN, Hackmew, and I have all written tutorials on ASM. Just look around in the Tutorials and R&D sections -- you'll be amazed what you see!

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."

-- Dr. Seuss.

What's New?
For starters, we have a wonderful EMERALD ROM Map in progress, that is collectively managed by Droomph. Also a relatively new development: Mystery Gift Research. It isn't that far in progress, due to some complications. None the less, if this project is completed, it could open up a whole new realm to RH. Good luck guys!

Help Wanted.
There are lots of active R&D projects going on right now that can use all the help they can get! Here are two, if you'd like to get involved:

Closing Notes.
Winter is busy, so this edition was brought to you by yours truly. Hence the extreme difference in writing style, length, and content.

CSS Layout by Full Metal. Don't take without permission.Copyright (C) 2012.

Winter Wonderland

Years
So, hundreds of boxes packed, moved, unpacked, and sorted out later...
Winter's back! Missed me?
Does anyone still look at this? If so, please post! I'd love to hear your ideas for this thread if anyone's still interested in this. n_n

droomph

weeb
Years
Oh ho yeah I read this...

Not really, but whenever I do, it's always fun ^^

So, like I mean, I don't hate it, but it's just you haven't updated in a while (understandable, since you're moving) so yeah...

As for suggestions...I would like something like a "Tip of the Day!" thing, because I would like to learn, and you're obviously more experienced than me, so...

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Please! I loved reading these.
WOO! This has given me inspiration to work on my hack more!

Winter Wonderland

Years

Winter's Corner.
Sixth Edition - 23.9.2013

Intro.
Hey, there! After about a year of this thread of being dormant, I am back with Winter's Corner, for those who want to read it! Winter's Corner, for those who do not remember, is a thread aimed at spreading the news of our little community. So, without further ado, the sixth edition of Winter's Corner!

What's New?
A couple years back, we got the Gold and Silver remakes known as Heart Gold and Soul Silver. These games featured magnificent new graphics, a recreation of the entire G/S/C series, and an updated gaming engine built on the DS platform. Along with these updates came music. Personally speaking, the HGSS music has been, by far, my favorite music introduced in any of the Pokemon games. Luckily for the ROM hackers, Gogojjtech has been hard at work importing the instruments and tracks of the music from HGSS into the 3rd generation games. So far, the patch works for Fire Red and Emerald, but it has been working beautifully. To check out Gogojjtech's thread on HGSS music, please clickhere.
Next up is a step in customization, is custom Game Freak introductions. We're all familiar with the Fire Red/Leaf Green introduction with that Nidorino in a battle, but I've yet to see a hack in which this is edited. Shiny Quagsire has discovered how to completely hack the Game Freak introduction.This, while seemingly small, is a huge win for the ROM hacking community. This allows us to finally throw in our own personal spin on the game, bringing us one step closer into making it look less of a Hack, more of an individual game. Big kudos to Shiny Quagsire, and do check out his thread!

Hacks to look forward to.
A story of the discovery of Pokemon, creatures only known in legends and tales of old. In this hack, you play a sailor crash-landed on an island full of this creatures that were supposed to just be a tall-tale. In Pokemon Discovery you play the sailor who discovered Pokemon and fights his way to survive on an island he has washed ashore upon. This, evil trainers, and so much more waits for you in Pokemon Discovery!
Continuing on the subject of upcoming hacks, is Pokemon Untitled: A New Age Dawns. This hack is one with a lot of promise. ANAD includes stemming storyline plots, along with decision-based gameplay that doesn't hinge to the traditional Pokemon game story. The game has loads of original ideas and, if implemented correctly, has serious potential later on in Hack of The Year.

ROM Hack I'm personally looking at.
If you're like me, you often, when doing a Nuzlocke challenge, find it hard to let your slain Pokemon go to the next world in peace. A part of you stops you from getting rid of your Pokemon. However, this hack is different. This edition's hack to be viewed is Roguelike Fire Red by JPANN. This hack is a small one, but very entertaining to play. It is simply Fire Red, but with ASM done to enforce Nuzlocke rules. The features are as follow:
  • Cannot save. Only save and quit. Saving becomes just a means to recontinue your game instead of rebattling trainers.
  • If a Pokemon faints and isn't revived before battles end, it gets deleted forever.
  • If a Pokemon dies of Poison outside of battle, it is gone forever.
  • Revives were made rarer.
  • If you black out, your save file is deleted and you start all over again.
This little hack has a way of making you scream when you lose your starter Pokemon to a run to the Pokecenter while poisoned.

Closing Notes.
This concludes the sixth edition of Winter's Corner. I do hope you've enjoyed it, despite it's briefness. It's good to bring this back after about a year. Enjoy, and as always,
Love,
Winter Sophia Kelly

CSS Layout by Full Metal. Don't take without permission.Copyright (C) 2011.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Thanks for putting this together. I always thought it would be cool to play an enforced Nuzlocke challenge, so I'll probably check that out. If a Red Version Nuzlocke hack doesn't exists, I may take a look at implementing one. It seems pretty doable, actually.

Back