• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Update #4: With Lt. Surge defeated, I had 3 badges. After the battle, I healed Blasty at a Pokemon center and defeated all the trainers east of Vermilion easily. Travelling to Rock Tunnel without Rock Tunnel, I made sure I was prepped, and by that I meant buy 15 repels, because Zubats are annoying as hell!!!!! Defeating trainers left and right on the road through Rock Tunnel, I ended up with 6 repels left, decided to leave PokeTower alone for now, and travelled to Celadon City, gaining as much experience as I could. Upon reaching Celadon City, I healed Blasty and saw Team Rocket scattered throughout the city. With the gym being a grass gym, I did the obvious: find Ice Beam. With memory in my head, I found Ice Beam and 3 other tms, which I sold for money, and Blasty was now totally going to sweep the gym. Only having to go to the Pokémon Center once, due to PP, I reached Erika with 4 PP in Ice Beam left. Surprisingly, Blasty never got hit, OHKOing everything with Ice Beam, although Vileplume got a crit hit, so I think that was luck. I think I'm going to investigate Celadon to find out why Team Rocket is here, but for now, I rest. Blasty is Level 46, which was a surprise, but maybe it's because Vermilion lacks a lot of trainers on the way to the city. Oh well....

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
First update of the challenge!

I played a couple of hours atm, now resting and getting out lol.
My Daisy has done well as of this moment, we're now in Route 110!

Daisy the Miltank, Lv. 23 @ Quick Claw
Hasty, Thick Fat
- Tackle
- Milk Drink
- Defense Curl
- Stomp

Some screens (Italian version)

wlt1c7.png
2rxe8o0.png

2nsm69y.png

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Well, here's the next update of my Golduck Ultimate Solo Run. Next up is the Elite Four and the Champion.
  • So, I went to Petalburg again, to kill defeat Norman. He told me Wally's Parents wanted to give me something. Got HM03 and taught it to Perry.
  • Before I could cross the 'sea' east of Mauville, Wattson wanted me to shut off the Generator in New Mauville. Got a completely useless Thunderstone while I was there.
  • Finally I started to discover new ground. After a long trek through tall grass I arrived at the Weather Institute where Team Magma was planning something completely crazy. I easily defeated Magma Admin Courtney and got a Castform as thanks from the Weather Institute people.
  • When I thought all that nonsense was over, May appeared and demanded to have a battle. Mind you, she did give me HM02, but it was no use yet.
  • Right when I thought I could finally battle Winona, I had to get the Devon Scope first. It wasn't that big of a deal, and before I knew it Winona's Pokémon fell and I was declared the victor!
  • So, I went on to Lilycove City. Did some stuff involving Team Magma and continued my route to Mossdeep City.
  • Tate and Liza were fiarly easy to defeat, but man do I hate surfing.
  • I encountered some problems with Dive, but I finally managed to find the Seafloor Cavern and Sootopolis.
  • Groudon was defeated as was Wallace. Now only the Elite Four and the Champion stand in my way to world domination!
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
55.png

Perry the Modest Golduck (M) @ Lv.66
Ability: Cloud Nine
Item: Mystic Water
Confusion
Brick Break
Surf
Ice Beam

HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
Changing my Single Run to an Ultimate Run!

Username: Keizaal
Pokemon of Choice: Gastly -> Haunter -> Gengar
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow -> Silver -> Emerald -> Platinum -> Black

Again, I'm using the Randomizer to change the starter and disabling trade evolutions, that's it. (Haunter now evolves at Lv. 37)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: atif
Pokemon of Choice: Glaceon
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): Blaze Black 2

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Another update means another badge: After beating up Erika and freezing her Pokemon back to the ice age, I investigated the appearance of Team Rocket here. I actually still don't understand why they were here. They were nothing more than an annoyance to my plans to visit the Pokemon Tower. However, it was worth the time to beat Giovanni and his team of thugs up. In the end, I won a nice little treat in the form of the Silph Scope, which would allow me to see ghost. Later on, I was going to need it. Back at the Pokemon Tower, I decided to climb to the top of the tower to pray for the dead, and who should be here to ruin the peaceful mood. None other then the devil. Yellow. He said Blasty didn't look dead, but Yellow thought h could beat me. Yawn, talk about a boring battle. Every one of his Pokemon were OHKOed. I also noticed that Yellow lost his Raticate. Strange... anyways, the trainers creeped me out. Give you my soul, what the hell kind of person are you?! And to make it worse, I had to put a Marowak in its place, and found out Team Rocket murdered the poor Marowak. In response, I kicked their asses. In the process, I rescued a person by the name of Mr. Fuji, with the reward of a Pokeflute. With the decision that I would take the long way to Fuchsia City, I went in that direction, killed a snorlax, and defeated as many trainers as I could. Finally in the city, the first thing I did was heal up and beat up the gym. I soloed the gym without going to the pokemon center once, beating all trainers and defeating Koga only with pp problem, but meh. Blasty the Blastoise is Level 57 with body slam, ice beam, bubble beam, and water gun. I will check out the safari zone for rumors of a hm.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Username: Roughsponge
Pokemon of Choice: Nidoran♂ - Nidoking
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Yellow

Already done a Nidoran♀ - Nidoqueen on Yellow so thought I'd try the male version ;) (On the first page it shows that I've done the male one already but I was using the female :P)

I'll be starting pretty much now!

Last edited:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Username: Andr3w
Pokemon of Choice: Ralts -> Gardevoir
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, White 2

This will be fun :D

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update #1:

- Named myself Mick and rival Pookie
- Done the start malarky
- Caught the first Nidoran♂ that I found and named him Nibbles
- Trained up to level 12 before facing Pookie on route 22
- Defeated him with ease and moved up through the Viridian Forest
- Nibbles evolved into Nidorino!
- Reached Pewter City in no time, healed up and went straight to the gym
- Beat Brock pretty easily with Nibbles' double kick

Next onto the dreaded Mt Moon...

Team:
Nibbles/Nidorino
Level 17

Moves:
Horn-attack
Tackle
Growl
Double kick

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
Username:kidex
Pokemon of Choice: porygon 2
Challenge:ultimate
Game(s):Leaf green-Soul Silver-emerald-platinum-white 2

And i have a question:
Am I allowed to randomize the move tutor attacks?

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Am I allowed to randomize the move tutor attacks?

I don't know much about randomizers but I assume you want to teach your Porygon different moves or make moves that it wouldn't be able to learn till post-game earlier, is that correct? Either way I'm going to have to say no, the rules say that the only moves you can put on your Pokemon using methods other than the ones available through natural gameplay are egg moves.

EDIT:I started my Venusaur challenge today and got my first badge.
I look forward to a lot of fun with this challenge. :)
Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png

102.gif
Spoiler:
002.gif

Belladonna
Level 16 | Female | Rash | Overgrow
Tackle | PoisonPowder | Leech Seed | Vine Whip​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
I don't know much about randomizers but I assume you want to teach your Porygon different moves or make moves that it wouldn't be able to learn till post-game earlier, is that correct? Either way I'm going to have to say no, the rules say that the only moves you can put on your Pokemon using methods other than the ones available through natural gameplay are egg moves.

I meant it in the way that move tutors would give random attacks, i wouldnt be able to control which attacks.But i completely understand that it isnt allowed.

And here is my first update:

Spoiler:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Update #1:
LeafGreen Complete
(Used Fast Forward on NDSGBA Emulator)
282.gif

Gardevoir
Level 66 | Male | Gentle | Synchronize |
Hypnosis | Dream Eater | Psychic | Shock Wave |
Spoiler:

Total Progress:
LeafGreen: (8/8), HeartGold: (0/16), Emerald: (0/8), Platinum: (0/8), White: (0/8)​

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Got the 2nd badge. :)

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png

103.gif
Spoiler:
002.gif

Belladonna
Level 26 | Female | Rash | Overgrow
Tackle | PoisonPowder | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf​

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update #2:

- Went through Mt Moon and beat Team Rocket
- Found some Moon Stones which I will be needing later :)
- Reached Cerulean City and headed straight for the gym
- Beat Misty... barely! Should've been paying more attention instead of spamming the speed up button!
- Did the nugget bridge malarky, met Bill and got the SS Anne ticket off him
- Went through the trashed house and headed for Vermillion City
- Boarded the SS Anne and battled all the trainers
- Defeated Pookie with ease... and rubbed the Captains back for him ;)
- Got cut and went to the gym, defeated all the gym trainers
- Opened the door on the first try for once!
- Beat Surge fairly easily

Now off to the Rock tunnel... quite possibly the most hated part of the game...

Team:
Nibbles/Nidorino
Level 36

Moves:
Horn attack
Double kick
Thunderbolt
Bubblebeam

Screenshots:

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
My 2nd and final update:

Spoiler:

Fluke: level 85

carefull
quick claw

shadow ball
psychic
ice beam
thunder bolt

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Badge number 3!

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png

104.gif
Spoiler:
003.gif

Belladonna
Level 33 | Female | Rash | Overgrow
Tackle | Secret Power | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf​

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Update #2
Spoiler:

Update #3
Pokémon Emerald Complete
(Played on VBA Emulator using Fast Forward)
282.gif

Gardevoir
(Caught on Route 102 @ Level 4)
Level 62 | Female | Gentle | Trace |
Thunderbolt | Confusion | Hyper Beam | Psychic |
Spoiler:

Total Progress:
LeafGreen: (8/8), HeartGold: (8/16), Emerald: (8/8), Platinum: (0/8), White 2: (0/8)

Fast Forward seriously increases your play time :P In real time, that run really only took me about 4 or 5 hours.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png

105.gif