• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
What running gags do you sometimes employ in your fics (aside from the running gags in the original source for fan fics)?

Well, whenever James is sleeping, Evi comes in and jumps on top of him. In a non-sexual way. I don't know if it's a running gag, cause I've only had it happen twice, but I'll be sure to throw it in their whenever I can. xD Just enough for it to be funny, but not too much. I wouldn't want it to turn into an overused running gag.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Don't worry, we're not even halfway there - and it's been more than 6 years.

Lol... 12 years of the same thread O_o Needless to say it should be untouchable, when that time comes... XD

What running gags do you sometimes employ in your fics (aside from the running gags in the original source for fan fics)?

Hmmm, well I seem to always cause harm to my characters (not for no reason mind you). Other than that, I probably haven't thought of it as much.

Hey guys wish me luck... I'm nearly done my research essay... (1:14 am righ now)

*pets his chronic procrastination*

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well I'm pretty proud of myself... I managed to finish this at 2am... (Took me till 5am for my History essay... though I did start it at 7pm the night before it was due but it was also due at 11am, whereas this English one is due at 10am)... Hrmmm okay well not that much of a difference, but I did start this one a tiny bit yesterday and it does have to be like 9-12 pages... God knows how I managed to write all that... Oh crap... I'm like writing a paragraph now...

Oooo on a side note (aside from going crazy, no I didn't drink caffeine) usually this is the time when I'm supposed to be talking in a more formal speech, because of the adverse affects of writing an essay...

Not sure why this isn't so much the case, but I have my theories:

- I've gotten used to it (which is bad, because I shouldn't be procrastinating)
- The essay was to be in 1st person... Something I am not used to... I hate first person essays so much... In this case our essay is not really a research essay but an essay about the research (so essentially the essay is a lead up to the would be research essay... That is why she wants first person... So in this case, it is to some extent okay to write a commentary... As long as that commentary is formal to some extent anyway...........

Okay so year... (I think I'm just trying to get a load off here, seeing as I am no longer 100% tired from just typing away). Look what I've done, I've gone through essay typing withdrawl, and already had to start typing somewhere elses...

BLARGHHHHHHH!!!

Yes I know... I brought this upon myself...

Also, because I felt like it, I decided to add the word "Compendium" into my essay. XD

Well it is about the King James Bible... So it works... I also used Calibri in my essay, as Times New Roman was just a bit smaller than I wanted to.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
- Lisa fidgets and rips her pantyhose often during tense battles. This is usually followed by her complaining about having to buy more.
- A nerd shows up from time to time to challenge Lisa to contests of useless trivia.
- When Lisa wants her Pokemon to dodge an attack, she will say "Dodge <name of Dodge car; i.e., Ram 1500/Charger/Dynasty/Coronet*> that attack!"
- And on the subject of cars, Lisa goes nuts over vintage cars, and will drop everything when she sees one.

*Yes, Virginia, there is a Dodge Coronet - at least they used to make 'em, from 1949-1976.
^Elite Overlord's Useless Trivia For the Day.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Congrats Feign!!!
Let's celebrate!

In my new, soon to be, non-TCNG, fic, all the Professors are incompetent(which is lampshaded), and the protagonist is able to hear the narrator(to a certain extent), among other things.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
lol thanks...

Fun fact:

the essay is 14 pages long (including a title and work cited page)
It is exactly 2757 word

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Hey guys wish me luck... I'm nearly done my research essay... (1:14 am righ now)

*pets his chronic procrastination*

7:02 here. *pets his chronic insomnia*

What is the current setting (time, place etc.) of your current/soon to be written fic?

It's coming up on Christmas in the Eon Chronicles. I'm planning on a Christmas special, yay.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
7:02 here. *pets his chronic insomnia*
*Pets chronic paranoia*
At the FFl, each of us has a chronic something more or less.

the essay is 14 pages long (including a title and work cited page)
It is exactly 2757 word
I'm curious, what font and font size did you use? I'm wondering because my SWC entry(which I'm currently editing to post soon), is 4187 words, and yet only has 9 pages... So yeah, wondering...

What is the current setting (time, place etc.) of your current/soon to be written fic?
TCNG is set a few years in the future, but not too far. XD
Most of the action takes place in Hoenn, but there is some in Sinnoh.

Reflection in the Storm(SWC entry) is set in the current time and on Route 123 of Hoenn.

The new parody fic I'm planning is set in Johto and to a certain extent, our world.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well had I used times new roman, I believe I would have either just made 13 pages. Seeing as Calibri was slightly bigger in the same font size as Times New Roman, I took that. XD

Though on the instructions itself, it did not mention what it should be, though, some teachers like calibri 11 pnt font, and others like times new roman 12, so I decided to go in the middle. XD

It was also paragraphed in a different manner (as required by the teacher) so there were great gaps between some paragraphs (a new page for summaries for example, which was one aspect of the essay).

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
What is the current setting(time, place ect.) of your current/soon to be written fic?

You know, I've actually made a timeline for all of my stories. I don't have it on hand to scan right now, since it's in my notebook at school, but I believe Delta Species takes place sometime around 2010 (Metal Coat was 2008 or something to that effect). My soon-to-be-written story (Don't Stop The Future - working title, subject to change, blah blah) will take place in an undetermined place in The Timeline Of Doom, but will have happened after Delta Species (it's about the Arceus movie, and definitely will be later on than one of the halves of that movie).

None, honestly. xD I haven't found any place where I could insert a running gag, except for maybe with the introduction of one character in Delta Species a little later on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
What is the current setting(time, place ect.) of your current/soon to be written fic?
Fall 2006 to Fall 2007. Most of it takes place in my made-up region, but there are a couple scenes that take place in Anderson and Pickens Counties in South Carolina.

Bay

Years
Bah, I was studying for my finals and you guys are being active here! D:

NE is pretty much set at Sinnoh and a couple years after Ash and company journeyed through Sinnoh (though they are not done with Sinnoh yet). However, because the story is written and finished before the 12th movie is released, I have to break canon there and make it seem the events in the 12th movie didn't happen. D: I'm rewriting the story right now, so I might change the ending a bit to be true to the anime canon. Then again, the movies and the show contradict each other sometimes. O.o

As for year, I talked to one of my friends because he's going to feature one of my characters in his future fic, so let's just say NE is set in 2006. Did that though because I written NE in that year, actually (though it's a different version). XD

One running gag in NE is Balin stealing food, though it only happened twice. :P Another running gag is Bunny getting frustrated with people calling her cute nicknames. :P

And txtclipse, love that link. Some of those words are good replacements for said (although I think said can be more effective sometimes), but some of them just makes no sense. XD;

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm shamefully advertising my fanfiction because I can't get reviews or I'm a terrible write :P Oh well. Anyway link in sig, and this is the longest fanfiction I have ever wrote: 22,309 words or 53 pages in word. Phew!
o_o I still have to review your fic. Blame it on my work schedule being all screwed up. I'm home from work tomorrow so, I'll look at at least your first chapter then.

Also, another word for said that has been used recently in published work is ejaculated.

Blame solovino for showing me how to make text blink.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
o_o I still have to review your fic. Blame it on my work schedule being all screwed up. I'm home from work tomorrow so, I'll look at at least your first chapter then.

Also, another word for said that has been used recently in published work is ejaculated.

Blame solovino for showing me how to make text blink.

Lol.

Yes, it is, apparently. I remember reading it in HP.

"Ron ejaculated loudly".

Btw, why it doesn't blink for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back