• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
i hope you get a choice of multiple from different generations, like charmander, chikorita or mudkip, for example.
if i could have a choice out of all the starters, even better. squirtle all the way :)
but if it is just unova, i think i would go for oshawatt. he's so friggin cool.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The starter choice is going to be Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott as in B/W. Im going to go with Tepig and Oshawott as I didnt end up using those in B/W

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I went with Tepig in White. Now, I'm going for Oshawott in White 2. Those are my two favorites of the Unova starters. Snivy I like too, but unfortunately, I don't really care for Serperior in battle. No offense meant to anyone in the Snivy line; I just like the others better. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Oshawott! I've already trained all three of the starters before, but Oshawott is definitely the most appealing to me.

However, the last time I kept it as an Oshawott, so this time around I might keep it as Dewott or evolve it all the way. Decisions, decisions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Tepig fo' sho'. I love the little guy, and Emboar is a BEAST. Legit, it's an animal, makes it a beast.
But I always get him and he rules. Why fix what ain't broke, right?

blue

gucci
Years
First time on White I chose Tepig then I played Black and chose Oshawott so for B2W2 whichever I choose I'll go with Snivy, I've heard good things about him.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
The same one I chose in BW which is Tepig. I don't like the other two. I was hoping for a Mareep starter though ;_;

blue

gucci
Years
There must be a reason why Mareep, Buneary & Psyduck is tied in with the starters on the scan, maybe it's the rivals main Pokémon or something.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I will be going with Snivy this time around. I used Oshawott in my White playthrough. I'm just hoping that grass types will be decent against the gyms.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Going with Oshawott, I've used Snivy far more times than I can count, so I'm not using him, even though he's my favorite of the three. That leaves Tepig and Oshawott, in which I recently finished a Nuzlocke with Emboar, so, that makes my Tepig usage count a 2 (I used him when Japanese White was released). So, since I've only used Oshawott once, which was my first ever playthrough on Black, I'm picking him again (and maybe even naming him after Sydian, again :U)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Tepig. I feel like I'd enjoy my journey less with any other. :(

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I'm gonna have to go with the Baconator! I wouldn't be opposed to trying the other two, but I just really like Emboar over all.
I think i'll name him BaconStrips thanks to epic meal time.

However, I may just box my starter since there's an even larger variety of Pokemon out in the wild now. Haven't decided on that one yet.

Back