• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Gamefreak already posted that they are evolving the world of Pokemon in 2013 so no, they aren't disbanding.

Did they not say that gen 5 was supposed to do that as well? I'll be honest I like gen 5 and all, but I was a little disappointed with the game and with how it was hyped.

Anyway, you don't suppose the 8th will finally tell us when they will release Meloetta in the U.S.?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I would be expecting Ruby & Sapphire remakes, Gen 5 needs a remake but I wouldn't want them to be on 3DS yet since some players still may not have one.

Well then that's too damn bad?...

How long are we supposed to wait for Pokemon fans to muster up $150 to buy a 3DS? It's been almost 2 years already and Nintendo just released 2 high-budget Pokemon games for the original DS (BW2 and Conquest). It's absurd that Nintendo keeps catering to people with older devices. The fact that they released BW2 on the DS is already a slap in the face to 3DS owners, some of whom spent $250 on the damn thing when it came out, almost 2 years ago.

Further, Nintendo could really push 3DS sales if they finally released a main Pokemon game for the console. Black and White 2 even with minor graphical improvements as a 3DS exclusive would've been enough to move a million 3DS units that wouldn't have sold otherwise. For Nintendo to continue to ignore 3DS owners with the next Pokemon game would not only be disrespectful to their fans and consumers, but downright idiotic.

Anyway...

I really hope this announcement is 3DS remake of Hoenn games, but I highly doubt it. If anything it's another stupid Park game or Rumble Blast 2 or some crap.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Did they not say that gen 5 was supposed to do that as well? I'll be honest I like gen 5 and all, but I was a little disappointed with the game and with how it was hyped.

Anyway, you don't suppose the 8th will finally tell us when they will release Meloetta in the U.S.?

B/W lived up to its hype though. And no, B/W wasn't made to "Evolve the Pokemon World" it was made to reset the Pokemon world. It did exactly that as far as all the Gen 5 games have shown. The newest news isn't that old and has nothing to do with any of the current games.

As for Meloetta, no it won't be about her International release. It was a commercial for Japanese audiences so its going to be something pertaining just to Japan IF its an event. We'll get international release eventually, but that will be posted on Pokemon.com, not as a Japanese commercial.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
my predictions

Ruby/Sapphire/emerald Remakes

the announcement of gen 6

a spinoff game

My hopefuls

Pokemon Stadium 3

Pokemon prequel

a new anime series (wont happen)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Well then that's too damn bad?...

How long are we supposed to wait for Pokemon fans to muster up $150 to buy a 3DS? It's been almost 2 years already and Nintendo just released 2 high-budget Pokemon games for the original DS (BW2 and Conquest). It's absurd that Nintendo keeps catering to people with older devices. The fact that they released BW2 on the DS is already a slap in the face to 3DS owners, some of whom spent $250 on the damn thing when it came out, almost 2 years ago.

Further, Nintendo could really push 3DS sales if they finally released a main Pokemon game for the console. Black and White 2 even with minor graphical improvements as a 3DS exclusive would've been enough to move a million 3DS units that wouldn't have sold otherwise. For Nintendo to continue to ignore 3DS owners with the next Pokemon game would not only be disrespectful to their fans and consumers, but downright idiotic.

Anyway...

I really hope this announcement is 3DS remake of Hoenn games, but I highly doubt it. If anything it's another stupid Park game or Rumble Blast 2 or some crap.

No offense to you sir, but you're complaining quite a bit for no reason. I can see you waiting in line and buying your 3DS first thing on its release date without waiting for an inevitable price break, completely forgetting that the biggest games on a new system aren't usually released until halfway through its life or so.You do realize that that handy dandy 3DS can play DS games? So it's not like you're out of luck if they release a DS remake of RSE.

How can you say Nintendo is ignoring their fans? If that's the case, how do you think they're the standard in the gaming industry? IMO, the typical Nintendo gamer is REALLY selfish. They're constantly clamoring for whatever THEY want, not what the MAJORITY want. I just think it's pretty stupid to paint a picture where Nintendo is the bad guy because they aren't making what you want. Do you really think they WANT to release a brand new handheld, then ignore people and lose profits? No... they're doing what they're doing for a reason, and you should be thankful that every year, you get top quality games from Nintendo. Peace out and God Bless - SB

I have a gut feeling its RSE remakes. It was quite some time ago that Junichi Masuda tweeted about considering the remakes. If I had a million dollars to blow in Vegas, I'd bet on 3DS remakes of RSE. I'd rather see brand new 6th generation games, but RSE remakes are more likely IMO, considering it seems remakes are made in between new generation games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have a gut feeling its RSE remakes. It was quite some time ago that Junichi Masuda tweeted about considering the remakes. If I had a million dollars to blow in Vegas, I'd bet on 3DS remakes of RSE. I'd rather see brand new 6th generation games, but RSE remakes are more likely IMO, considering it seems remakes are made in between new generation games.

He never tweeted about considering remaking Hoenn. All recent news points to Gen 6, especially his greeting card stating that they are currently Evolving the World of Pokemon. Evolving means to change into something new. Remaking is just updating something old with current technology so if they are currently evolving the Pokemon world, remakes aren't on the priority list.

Other sites I've checked all say that the news is going to appear on the Japanese Pokemon home site, so its not a Gamefreak announcement as far as I can tell. Nintendo/TPC controls that website. No proof that it will be soley on the Pokemon website, but a lot of people seem to be in support of the theory since the news is to be given out on a Tuesday with no relative event (anime episode, tv show, movie, etc) for it to follow. So its most likely a download event. I don't know how well televised the next Genesect event was, but it may be that. An official announcement from the main resource.

Currently we just have TR's Meowth going on in Japan which ends on the 10th which is 2 days after the announcement. Meaning the event after that can be announced. It could be something related with the upcoming new Arc to appear in the Anime, possibly a new "N" or "Plasma" Pokemon distribution.

Junichi and his Developer Coworker are appearing on Smash on the 6th, but this doesn't really mean much along the lines of "Were getting an event!" as last time the Developer (sorry I just can't remember his name) was on Smash it was to talk Battle Mechanics and to go over info about one of the tournaments that was currently airing. Junichi even trolled us once with "Surprising News" when that turned out to be Mewtwo.

I've said it a few times, but I'm expecting something Anime related if not some minor event distribution now that I've done a little more research. I'm even expecting absolutely nothing at this point cause...they've done that before. With all the current talk and news, RS remakes are possibly the last thing on my list, but the possiblility is still there, though no we don't need them at this point and them forerunning the 3DS is a horrible idea for if it flops, like with the Game Boy Advance, Hoenn would get a second crappy run on a system further ruining its chances for a real sales boom. Do I hope for Gen 6? Not entirely despite my position on its chances. Why don't I want it? Again despite my stance on Gen 6, I'm not ready for it to move forward as a fan. I dread the possibility for it to move to fully 3D renderings and hope to all the higher powers at be that even if they move to 3DS that Gamefreak keeps sprites. Would be cool if they aren't, but I don't want it as a fan.

Chances of Spin-offs. THIS is lower than RS remakes. This would be something I'd normally not consider a possibility, but just cause Gamefreak has never made one doesn't mean that they will never make one. There are chances. These chances are slim to none. Gamefreak is full of trolls.

tl;dr Gamefreak be trolls. Stop bickering on what it could be. 7 days to wait, 5 for Smash and possible extreme butthurt for every person on either side of the spectrum.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
No offense to you sir, but you're complaining quite a bit for no reason. I can see you waiting in line and buying your 3DS first thing on its release date without waiting for an inevitable price break, completely forgetting that the biggest games on a new system aren't usually released until halfway through its life or so.You do realize that that handy dandy 3DS can play DS games? So it's not like you're out of luck if they release a DS remake of RSE.

How can you say Nintendo is ignoring their fans? If that's the case, how do you think they're the standard in the gaming industry? IMO, the typical Nintendo gamer is REALLY selfish. They're constantly clamoring for whatever THEY want, not what the MAJORITY want. I just think it's pretty stupid to paint a picture where Nintendo is the bad guy because they aren't making what you want. Do you really think they WANT to release a brand new handheld, then ignore people and lose profits? No... they're doing what they're doing for a reason, and you should be thankful that every year, you get top quality games from Nintendo. Peace out and God Bless - SB

I was not an early adopter of the 3DS, I just think it's absurd that people have owned this thing for so long, and paid so much money for it, and yet Nintendo chooses to ignore them (not counting stupid side-games) with what is probably their largest franchise. I am not someone who only sees my own wants, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

I am aware that the 3DS can play DS games, thanks. If DS games were just as good as 3DS games, why would Nintendo even make a 3DS in the first place? There are many 3DS-only features that Pokemon could really benefit from! Releasing another AAA Pokemon title on the DS would be akin to releasing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on the GBA. If that had happened, I honestly doubt we would still have any Pokemon games to play at all.

No one is perfect. Yes, Nintendo produces great games, but just because those games are great doesn't mean there is no room for improvement. I believe that consumers need to keep these companies in check when they do things that are so idiotic and insulting to their customers. Even Nintendo makes mistakes. The way they have handled Pokemon since the 3DS's launch has been regrettable, to say the least.

Years
I'm not sure what the "special" announcement will be but it will not be Gen. 6... I have said this before in a post about R/S/E remake speculation:

-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously). Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts. I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU) so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014. I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle. If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.

~Karim

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
Years
Chances are going to be:
1. Hoenn Remake
2. Gen VI Preview (unlikely, it's way too early)
3. Event pokemon showcase for movie 16 (probable)
4. Spin-off or Spin-off sequel (Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 or another XD/Colloseum-like, anyone?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not sure what the "special" announcement will be but it will not be Gen. 6... I have said this before in a post about R/S/E remake speculation:

-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously). Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts. I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU) so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014. I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle. If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.

~Karim

Your post contradicts itself.

No pattern, yet you pull a pattern out.

Gamefreak says there is no pattern therefore there is no pattern. The 3 to 4 year thing does not exist, the 5 game thing does not exist. I doubt they'd put the last game for Gen 5 on the 3DS when the four main games were on the DS and since there are no DS games in development for this year, there won't be any Remakes by that right.

Gamefreak already stated that something new is coming thanks to their post card. TPC even hinted that there is a new game coming and specifically stated that it is not a remake of an old game. Its hard to tell if they were talking about the PMD as it was an international TPC office (South Africa) and not the Japanese one, but if they were not talking about PMD then that means a new generation or a new game not related to Hoenn.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Maybye they are doing a teaser, reavealing some gen 6 pokemon, I am very exited.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Everyone (including me) is very excited about what it could be announced the 8th. These kind of announcements have disappointed us sometime before and they have ended up showing us something minor, so I don't want to hype myself...

I wouldn't think of any new generation for the time being. Then, the only thing I could think of are new remakes, probably R/S/E. My dilemma comes when I try to imagine which system they will be released for, because if they choose Nintendo DS, it would be very late to keep on developing for it, but if we think of Nintendo 3DS, it's just too early. Then what? Maybe remakes have nothing to do with the announcement and maybe a new Pokemon Ranger for 3DS?

About the evolution you're talking about, well, I did find this which seems very self-explanatory and makes sense, take a look:

Spoiler:

Yes, what if what they mean by that evolution is referring to this? It would make sense because they tend to show Pokemon from new generations even before the games' announcement (in movies or episodes in the anime).

I don't really know what to think about this new thing, everything will be unveiled this 8th... Let's hope it's something good what they have to show!

Last edited:

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Everyone (including me) is very excited about what it could be announced the 8th. These kind of announcements have disappointed us sometime before and they have ended up showing us something minor, so I don't want to hype myself...

I wouldn't think of any new generation for the time being. Then, the only thing I could think of are new remakes, probably R/S/E. My dilemma comes when I try to imagine which system they will be released for, because if they choose Nintendo DS, it would be very late to keep on developing for it, but if we think of Nintendo 3DS, it's just too early. Then what? Maybe remakes have nothing to do with the announcement and maybe a new Pokemon Ranger for 3DS?

About the evolution you're talking about, well, I did find this which seems very self-explanatory and makes sense, take a look:

Spoiler:

Yes, what if what they mean by that evolution is referring to this? It would make sense because they tend to show Pokemon from new generations even before the games' announcement (in movies or episodes in the anime).

I don't really know what to thing about this new thing, everything will be unveiled this 8th... Let's hope it's something good what they have to show!

Poison Type - Toxeon?
Dragon Type - Draceon?
Flying Type - Aireon?
Ghost Type - Spiritualeon? (Or Spiriteon?)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
B/W lived up to its hype though. And no, B/W wasn't made to "Evolve the Pokemon World" it was made to reset the Pokemon world. It did exactly that as far as all the Gen 5 games have shown. The newest news isn't that old and has nothing to do with any of the current games.

As for Meloetta, no it won't be about her International release. It was a commercial for Japanese audiences so its going to be something pertaining just to Japan IF its an event. We'll get international release eventually, but that will be posted on Pokemon.com, not as a Japanese commercial.

In my opinion, no gen 5 didn't live up to the hype. Gamefreak themselves said gen 5 was supposed to be a "reboot" of the pokemon series. Reboots usually entail an evolution for a franchise/series. The only thing that was really changed was they bringing up a more serious subject in the storyline (which i did like), but everything else remained largely the same. Thus my disappointment, and thus I still remain skeptical of Gamefreak's claims.

And as for Meloetta, I had no idea this was going to be a Japanese only announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back