• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I'm stuck :(

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Welp Me!!!

Hi itsa me Maxed and last time I made a thread involving the Hardest E4 Member to beat...... so today here it is a new thread! :D

So I'm just Wondering if you were stuck in a certain route,town or a place that has annoying NPC's blocking the path because you didn't even finish an important Event and you just have to go to a Website with a text or video walktrough of FR/LG or R/S/E....... Did you even do that?

My experience:
Spoiler:

Secret Message: I like Donuts.... Wait how did you see this?!

Well guess no one did use walktroughs right?

Last edited by a moderator:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Hiya Maxed ^_^

Actually, when I was a kid playing the R/B/Y games the first time, i did actually had to find some more explanation about the (how could we all forget) guy that was "thirsty", refusing to let you pass to Saffron city. We have all been there xD Turned out he was too "lazy" to get the drink himself, so you had to buy a Fresh Water or so in Celadon City, take it with you and BAM! He would let you pass after gulping your item away xD

I also remember when playing Pokemon Ruby for the first time back in the day, I too, needed some help on the part (where to go) when Team Aqua blocked the chair-lift >_>

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't used walkthroughs in any of the third-generation games before, but I did get help from one of my cousins on something. Does that count? While playing Pokémon Ruby, I was once trapped in Route 111—trying to get to Lavaridge Town. A couple of rocks were blocking my way, and in order to pass them, you needed Rock Smash. Since I didn't have this HM, I was stuck there for days and tried to find ways around those rocks. Unfortunately, I couldn't, so I stopped playing the game for a while. My cousin had Sapphire, and she was able to get past Route 111 just fine. After I asked her what she did and how she got a hold of Rock Smash, she led me to a guy in Mauville City. Once I had talked to him—poof, he immediately handed me HM06: Rock Smash! Really thankful that she's helped me. I still would've been able to get this HM without her help, but the process would have taken an extremely long time. d:

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
I haven't used walkthroughs in any of the third-generation games before, but I did get help from one of my cousins on something. Does that count? While playing Pokémon Ruby, I was once trapped in Route 111—trying to get to Lavaridge Town. A couple of rocks were blocking my way, and in order to pass them, you needed Rock Smash. Since I didn't have this HM, I was stuck there for days and tried to find ways around those rocks. Unfortunately, I couldn't, so I stopped playing the game for a while. My cousin had Sapphire, and she was able to get past Route 111 just fine. After I asked her what she did and how she got a hold of Rock Smash, she led me to a guy in Mauville City. Once I had talked to him—poof, he immediately handed me HM06: Rock Smash! Really thankful that she's helped me. I still would've been able to get this HM without her help, but the process would have taken an extremely long time. d:

It counts..... Today my brother was asking on how to get past the Team Aqua/Magma on his Sapphire version.... He's just like me.... But I didn't even help him for stealing my cheeseburger! :D (I'm such a good guy....)

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Wally. Wally. Wally. Wally. I never got past him without cheats, never ever. Wally is just so strong and the fact that he appears early in Victory Road gives you little time to grind. In Ruby, I was able to beat Wally since he appears by the end, so I had enough time to train my Pokemon but I never got past the second member of the Elite Four. I've got myself to blame though, my teams don't really have much thought and they all had crap movesets :P

I got stuck in many parts the game, but what I can remember is Sootopolis City. Its location made it super hard for me to find it, since it's basically in a rock on the sea so that was one of the parts that frustrat ed me the most. I kept on surfing around and I even checked the town map, and it said that I was by Sootopolis but I can't seem to get there ugh. I probably searched up a walkthrough at some point or I just eventually found it, I forgot.

Last edited:

Pinta77

Yeah slateport city has gotten me stuck on multiple playthroughs. I dont know why `~`

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
Well I was stuck because I don't know how to going to the Fortree gym.But, as I walked to bridge, Steven gave me DEVON SCOPE, and peeking something blocking the way.
Then I used it in front of the gym, and the Kecleon fled!

When I was on SLATEPORT, we don't know how to go past the Aqua Grunts (emerald version).Then after looking to Walktroughs, I could go to the Dock to asking where is STERN and Going to museum!

This is last. In FRLG there's a dotted hole in sevii islands. We are stuck here to taking Sapphire and I don't know braile. And after lookin' to walkthroughs, It says "Cut Here".OMG,it's open if I used CUT!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I repeatedly got stuck at the first gym in Sapphire. I hate Roxanne's Nosepass! I finally started over again, picked a default name and then chose Mudkip.

My "Kimmy" file's national dex is almost complete. I just need a Kangaskhan and a couple Johto Pokemon. Time to get out the Action Replay and get those last few Pokemon on on my Ruby to trade to Sapphire. What, you think I'm gonna mess with my almost perfect save? Now I'm stuck on wanting to finish the game and not wanting to Action Replay it.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I really got stuck in Sapphire when trying to get to Sootopolis. I never really had trouble because I just used my starter and Kyogre throughout the whole E4 >_>

Yukari

I never had trouble on Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire. But I never played emerald... I did have trouble In Pokemon red blue and yellow though, I'm talking about the originals by the way, I've never played the remakes. (Aside from using an emulator when I hack them.) I had a lot of trouble in the, specifically at rock tunnel Cause I'm too lazy to get flash :P. I would stumble around there for HOURS and I do mean HOURS! but somehow I always made it out, eventually. I've memorized rock tunnel now, and I'm not kidding...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Hoenn had the hardest Victory Road for me. Can't remember why it was so hard for me, but I remember it having a lot of different floors, and a lot dead ends. Very frustrating. Also, all of the points where you have to ride the Mach bike over cracked floors were really challenging, but none was worse than Sky Pillar.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I first played Sapphire, my notable "stuck" places were Fortree's Gym, Mossdeep's Gym, the strength puzzle in the underwater sea cavern where you fight Team Aqua, and the Sootopolis Gym. Gym puzzles just ain't my thing, clearly. To be fair, I think Hoenn had the hardest gym puzzles.

Years
I was playing Emerald about a year and a half or two years ago, and I couldn't remember what to do after you get to Sootopolis City for the first time. I didn't bother looking up a walkthrough, so my file's still there. (I'd beaten the game before, but long before.)

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I remember being stuck at Route 110 in Ruby, I couldn't beat May's Grovyle! I kept at it and eventually won though.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
me too...

I was young man and i was playing LF/FR and i just didn't knew what to do in Vermillion city. I didn't knew how to fight with the gym leader. After getting cut i tried my best but failed. I was too angry. Later i knew that i need to beat the gym leader. and i need to open the electrick door. Later after thousands of try i got it. And it almost took a year to get out of Vermillion city and go forward in the story for me.

Back