• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
is it easier to use pokeradar to find shinys?ps do you have any strategies whatsoever to make a long chain?

Just watch the youtube video I posted at the top of the page, it explains all aspects of using the Pokéradar to hunt shinies.

LDD: Congratulations, on the Manny, not one of my faves but it still looks cool.

Well Diamond arrived bright and early this morning, and I'm somewhat struggling to play it with my DS (This is my top screen:
SP_A0806.jpg
)

So I can't see my opponents HP, which will be difficult when I face legends and such. I can't see my Pokémon's natures which will be annoying when I get around to training a competitive team and I can't see my characters sprite, but I'm managing :P

Good luck to all.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Congratulations on catching a Shiny Electrike, Lady Demoonica Darkmoon, and good luck with Shinx!!

Yami_Zidane, it looks like if a hole was burned throguh that DS screen!! *.*

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Ok wow! This iz just great. I lost my Emerald. my DS and my pearl game...MY EMERALD, DS AND MY PEARL GAME! Ok this sucks to because losing things or misplacing them in my house iz soo hard to find. So I guess I wont be shiny hunting for quite a long TIME!!!!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
wait what do you mean electabuzz was drawing in electric pokemon without a pokeradar...

Electabuzz has the ability Static, that causes electric types to show up more often when you encounter wild Pokemon, as long as Electabuzz is the first Pokemon in my party. So I was seeing almost nothing but Electrike and Pachirisu at the Windworks.

Today's swarm is Surskit. :)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Electabuzz has the ability Static, that causes electric types to show up more often when you encounter wild Pokemon, as long as Electabuzz is the first Pokemon in my party. So I was seeing almost nothing but Electrike and Pachirisu at the Windworks.

Today's swarm is Surskit. :)

I had that swarm yesterday! Today (which lasts for another 34 minutes) Beldum are swarming. x:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have a swarm of Skitty again today. Got them swarming 2 times in 5 days. I am going to hopefully chain them to get a shiny. But I haven't done to much chaining and the most I have got so far is 36 Skitty's then the chain broke. My other 2 highest are 31 Phanpy's and 28 Mukuhita.

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
hey razer your lucky you have a skitty swarm today because ive been wanting one for the longest...right now i have a phanpy swarm so ima try to figure out how to use this pokeradar to find the shiny phanpy and move on to the next swarm shiny of tomorrow

Lady Demoonica- o0o i never knew that....since pikachu has static would it work for it as well as everyother pokemon with static for their ability??

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Zack- If i am right then it should work for any Pokemon that has static. It doesn't have to be an Electrabuzz. I only get a few swarms so far. I want to get a Beldum swarm but have never had one.

Years
i should see whats swarming today and chain that as my shiny target.

lol i am going to be in the top 4 posters in this club if shido doesnt come back lol.

EDIT:

well time to get a dream shiny that is right todays swarm is lake verity with a whole bunch of SURSKITS there! lol so there is my target today.

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
o0o...ok...i havent had a beldum swarm ever since i had my game in april until about 2 weeks ago i had my 1st 1 =[

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Early today (around 1 AM), I found out that Spoink was swarming. Being a shiny that I really want, I decided to chain for it at about 3 AM. I easily got up to 43 with no troubles at all, and I began resetting.

I went to bed at 6 AM and I didn't see one shiny patch...it's possible that since I was so tired I may have missed it, but I highly doubt that.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Shiny Hunting Horror Story

I tell my 10-year-old cuz how to find shinys with Pokeradar.
She gets the blue stars.
She makes it safely and enters battle.
Belsprout comes across screen and does the blue sparkles.
She looks at the Belsprout and disregards both.
She runs from the Shiny Belsprout and then tells me about it.

She said "But it didn't look any different!"

Can I cry now!?!?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I ended up getting only three shiny Spoink. It's past 12 AM, so Spoink is no longer swarming. Only one of them is useable, but I will surely be chaining more in the future.

Pics coming soon.

Edit:
SpoinkBox.jpg

ShinyDex3.jpg

Last edited:

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
Hello everybody.
i haven't forgoten you, actually I have been reading every message, just haven't had anyhting else but "congrats to ..." to say.
until now !

I am not saying that Fufu 3000 is cheating, but I just can't see a way he has 3 legit celebis, a ho-oh AND a lugia, although 2 latias are a decent statement ....
something smells here (and it ain't my socks)

BTW Congrats to everyone !!!!!!!!
I am so excited to see LDD, MM, Yami, and other people too
see ya

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well, welcome back.

As for Fufu, I believe he would have gotten them via the GTS, nothing wrong with that. As long as he doesn't claim he got any shinys from it, which I don't really see him doing.

Bleh nothing new from me, on my way to get the third badge in Diamond, training Linoone's in Emerald, may go see if I can get a shiny Drifloon :]

After I've beat the elite four and got myself a new DS i'll be chaining my first DP target. Till then, try and guess what it is :P

Good Luck.

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
hey everyone....how are yall doin??

Demoonica- sorry bout the lil story thing lol....looks very upsetting to run away from a shiny that "didnt look any different" =[

fufu- congrats on the shiny spoink...hope you get more shinies from swarms...2day im hoping for a skitty swarm so i can chain skitty for the 1st time...BTW you can save your game in the middle of pkradaring and turn ur ds on and its still in effect or no??

yami- hey is linoone gonna be in your pkmn party to battle with??

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hello everybody.
i haven't forgoten you, actually I have been reading every message, just haven't had anyhting else but "congrats to ..." to say.
until now !

I am not saying that Fufu 3000 is cheating, but I just can't see a way he has 3 legit celebis, a ho-oh AND a lugia, although 2 latias are a decent statement ....

BTW Congrats to everyone !!!!!!!!
I am so excited to see LDD, MM, Yami, and other people too
see ya

Lol there's a thing called the emerald cloning glitch. Its likely that Fufu just cloned a celebi and pal parked them over for trading, or else got them off GTS. And ho-oh and lugia aren't that hard to get, just beat colo and XD to get them. And I know for a fact Fufu has an Eon ticket card so getting Latis isn't hard for him either.

Anyways, bored of not having a new shiny since last month, I decided to chain bronzors. Lol for the first time ever I made it all the way up to a chain of 40 xD I reset for nearly two hours before finally a shiny patch showed up at 45 :D Sent out Marowak and false swiped it and chucked a nest ball, it was caught, nicknamed it "Doom" I went to sleep and left my DS on. Woke up this morning and continued the chain, managed to catch 3 more shiny bronzors by 49, but then I was running too fast and accidently tapped the control pad after the repel had wore off message, and without even moving tiles I ran into a geodude and broke my chain, Lol x__x
DVC00208-1.jpg

My pearl 2 ID x__x
Sassy is good
Pic of the first one I ran into :p

Anyways after checking the other ones here are their stats:

Bronzor Lv15
Sassy nature
heatproof
HP 45
At 12
Def 31
SpA 12
SpD 36
Spd 11

Bronzor Lv15
Bashful nature
Heatproof
HP 42
At 12
Def 32
SpA 12
SpD 35
Spd 15

Bronzor Lv15
Calm nature
Levitate
HP 46
At 10
Def 34
SpA 12
SpD 34
Spd 16

Bronzor Lv15
Hasty Nature
Heatproof
HP 46
At 15
Def 28
SpA 16
SpD 35
Spd 15

Lol I got messed. out of 4 only one got levitate and Calm nature is kinda meh on it :/ The one that got the useful Sassy nature has heatproof :( then the leftover ones have a neutral nature (bashful) and a bad bad useless waste of time and space nature Hasty. Lol So which of the better two should I train? one has a good nature, but the other has Levitate x__x lol Well now that I at least have gotten a new shiny I can calmly go back to Sring for Giratina and do some 3rd gen hunting too. Good luck to everyone on their hunts and congrats to everyone who got a shiny recently!

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Well, congrats Steelix. Use the Calm Bronzor as Levitate is vital and its defences are more balanced. And Demoonica, that is horrific. Anyway I'm still hunting for Gastly (just to do it the old fashioned way) as well as working on my new comic series, which you can find in the Pixel Projects part of this forum.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years

I got the Celebi from the 10th Anniversary download. I went to Southlake Mall in 2006 on March 10th or 11th, I believe it was. My cousin (Smash Mouth) even went with me. I got the Latios from the Southern Island. Furthermore, I have two different Latios: a shiny one, and a Modest one with flawelss IVs in SAtk, 28 in Speed, and 27 in HP.

I got the Lugia from XD, and I got the Ho-oh from Colosseum. I worked pretty hard for my Ho-oh and Lugia, so I find it rather insulting that you can't see how I got them legitimately. It is common knowledge that you can get Lugia and Ho-oh without going to the events. Did you not consider that when before you jumped to the conclusion that I did not legitmately get my Pokemon?

Oh, and I use the cloning glitch.

Congrats, D_S. I don't know if I congratulated LDD yet, but good job on the shiny Electrike!

Back