• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poketto Montsutaa: Minto no Midori (MIntGreen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
It was back on an old forum I was on. I apologize, i forgot their username. But, aside from that, because it is offtopic, I have an update!

skyla_a_k_a_fuuro_gsc_devamp_by_pokemon_tiler-d3ebksv.png

Skyla from Unova is going to be in my game as a gym leader!

Also,
hoenn_map_devamped_by_pokemon_tiler-d3eb0th.png

Hoenn is accessible similar to how Kanto is in GSC.

I'll be fixing that water around Sootopolis and Mossdeep soon.

EDIT: Site is up at http://pokemonmint.webs.com/index.htm

Last edited:
Years
This game looks like it has potential, but you have yet to achieve it. The palm trees that you've used really don't give the game a "Pokemon feel", I suggest that you stick to tiles found in the actual Gold, Silver and Crystal games, for now. About the devamps, they look good, but it's obvious that they're just recolors of newer sprites. If you want a true "devamp", then edit them so that they look like they came from an older game. In essence, "scrunching up" the limbs on Genesect would help make it look like it came from an era, when Game Freak's spriters lacked the resources to make great sprites. My last gripe is that you edit the expression on "Skyla's" face, so that she looks kinder, and less like the beauty from GSC. Good luck with your game, hopefully it becomes a success.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks Karpman, I will take everything you have said into consideration. I used palm trees because it's meant to be a straight-up tropical region. GSC Trees are Pine, so it doesn't work.

I meant to change Skyla's Eyebrows, that's why she looks so mean.
Also, your note on devamps, I will try that and see what you think!

Thank you for the CC,
White.

EDIT: How's this for Skyla?

Attachments

• skyla update.PNG
    skyla update.PNG
    984 bytes · Views: 247
Last edited:

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Thanks Karpman, I will take everything you have said into consideration. I used palm trees because it's meant to be a straight-up tropical region. GSC Trees are Pine, so it doesn't work.

I meant to change Skyla's Eyebrows, that's why she looks so mean.
Also, your note on devamps, I will try that and see what you think!

Thank you for the CC,
White.

EDIT: How's this for Skyla?
That Skyla looks amazing! Who made it?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Oh, wow. I ripped those for another member awhile ago. But, yeah, fee free to use those tiles. They were a pain to rip.

Update (like the 3rd today, right?)
More like a log, I guess. Pallet town and Cinnabar are fully scripted and ready to go. I will post the exact storyline on my site.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Update:

Thanks to DarkDoom3000, all the pokemon (gens I-III) don't need to be done in my game. I might repose them, but he's saved me alot of work. Big cookie for him.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Been awhile, hasn't it? If anyone wishes to see sprite updates for the game, please visit my DA:

http://pokemon-tiler.deviantart.com/

Anyways, my laptop got a virus and my game file became corrupted. I saved all my work though so I just need to re-event everything. I'm currently in FLorida for a wedding though so I won't have proggies for a week.

Anyways, a new fakemon has been added (Ghostomb), so make sure you check him out at http://pokemon-tiler.deviantart.com/#/d3fn8eo.

And last but not least, the first 3 Gym leaders' sprites are completed.
Leo: http://pokemon-tiler.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3eczkf
Simon: http://pokemon-tiler.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f39w8
Rebecca: http://pokemon-tiler.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3fk7w9

More to come.

P.S: I decided that Pika will be level 20 to add to the challenge of the game, and the max level is now 255.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This looks good :D
I love me some 2nd gen styled games! xD
Looks good anyway (ignore the guy saying it's crap it's goood :3)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Well, if you haven't seen my DA today, I made alot of Mugshots >_> two I would like to share, though...

pokemon_mint___red_final_by_pokemon_tiler-d3fqys5.png

Im still working with his Mugshot.

pokemon_mint___yellow_final_by_pokemon_tiler-d3fqrit.png

Definately my favorite. She's simply adorable!

Also, a couple new tiles I'd like to show off.
pokemon_mint__custom_tiles_wip_by_pokemon_tiler-d3fq66p.png

Top left: Pokeball (Item, etc.)
Top Right: Pokeballs on a table (Hoenn; theres also a two ball sprite)
Bottom left: Bush
Bottom Right: Champion Trophy

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Update:

Thanks to DarkDoom3000, all the pokemon (gens I-III) don't need to be done in my game. I might repose them, but he's saved me alot of work. Big cookie for him.

no prob, thought it might help someone, good to see someone did find it useful.
---

You do some pretty good spriting, especially Yellow's mugshot it looks great.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Wow, thanks! I really appreciate you commenting here; You are a big inspiration to this project.

Anyways, does anyone understand rects, or in other words, a series of animations for a Pokemon, like in crystal version. If so, I'd like to know how to script that >_>

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
BUMP.

I updated the first post. I am almost finished posting the gym leaders and the E4. Their sprites are not all done. I'm looking for a mugshot artist, if anyone is interested.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
BUMP. Again. Don't want the thread to die. It's still being worked on, but progress is slow. I've been revamping yellow tiles to GSC style.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I've been made aware that several graphical resources used in this project belong to someone who never gave permission for their use. This thread will be closed until I receive confirmation from BurtX that permission has been given or until the project owner confirms that the resources have been removed from the project.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Evil Arms has assured me that the offending resources shall be removed so I have unlocked his thread. Have a nice day, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back