• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Elite Four

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I always thought it would be kool if you had to go find the elite four and battle them like at there home town or just out in the pokemon world. Make it a little more relistic besides haveing the elite four wait around on you

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I guess they're always waiting around because it's their job, plus they tend to have the Pokémon League in just one location. However, having them varied around a bit more would definitely be interesting. Maybe even if the Pokémon League itself was a puzzle that you had to get through to reach the members of the Elite Four that'd be pretty cool!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Giving the Elite 4 Puzzles sounds like a nice idea to me, they just would have to be pretty hard to make it interesting

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I like the idea of having a weather themed pokeleague, but i think this is pretty unlikely.
After all Pokemon is primarily designed for kids, not competitive players, and having them change the whole concept of the league doesn't seem like something would do.

Well as I previously suggested, when you start the game they could give you difficulty options

1.Normal
2.Pokemon Master

If you pick Normal you get the kid mode game, you pick Pokemon Master you get the beast mode weather elite four and legitimately challenging gym leaders & everything

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
i wish there was a pokemon league like in the anime instead of the elite, if the trainers will be random i think it will be more challenging a fun

I actually think The PWT could be compared to the Anime PokeLeague, and i hope it will be featured in X/Y again, but bigger and better!! I wouldn't like to have a "random" Pokemon League...it just wouldn't feel that...epic?

Well as I previously suggested, when you start the game they could give you difficulty options

1.Normal
2.Pokemon Master

If you pick Normal you get the kid mode game, you pick Pokemon Master you get the beast mode weather elite four and legitimately challenging gym leaders & everything

This would be a pretty nice idea. Insted of having "Keys", like in B2/W2, introducing a difficulty level would be fun and fair for everyone. I actually could see this being a thing

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
i wish there was a pokemon league like in the anime instead of the elite, if the trainers will be random i think it will be more challenging a fun

I'd honestly love a combination of the two. Perhaps having a 32 man tournament to determine the victor (so you'd have to fight in 4 matches to win), and then you move on to the Elite Four and Champion. I'm pretty sure that's how the Anime worked as well (but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me!), but yeah, it'd be really cool to see. I mean, it's not like you're the only trainer that's reached that point!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I do think if there was a weather themed Elite Four, people would immediately jump to the RS Remake hints.

Not necessarily. For me I'd relate it as tribute to Gen 5, which brought about weather all over OU. :( So if they did include it, it wouldn't have too many other connotations imo.

Years
I actually think The PWT could be compared to the Anime PokeLeague, and i hope it will be featured in X/Y again, but bigger and better!! I wouldn't like to have a "random" Pokemon League...it just wouldn't feel that...epic?
i also see PWT as a replacement, but if it will be some challenge that we must go through like the elite 4 it will be more fun. about the random trainers-i want it because it will be more challenging and harder to be preapare for the opponents

I'd honestly love a combination of the two. Perhaps having a 32 man tournament to determine the victor (so you'd have to fight in 4 matches to win), and then you move on to the Elite Four and Champion. I'm pretty sure that's how the Anime worked as well (but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me!), but yeah, it'd be really cool to see. I mean, it's not like you're the only trainer that's reached that point!
thats also would be nice, i just want some change that would be refreshment

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'd honestly love a combination of the two. Perhaps having a 32 man tournament to determine the victor (so you'd have to fight in 4 matches to win), and then you move on to the Elite Four and Champion.

This does sound like a pretty awesome idea!
It would definitely make the league more challenging and have a pretty "realistic" vibe to it.
Rebattling the Elite 4 would be more fun as well, as the prior tournament would (almost) always be different than the one before that!

Years
it maybe a small detail, but i would like to see a crowd watching us(neither its a pokeleague or elite four i still would like to see it), i really like crowd in PWT, and i believe people want to watch the 5 best trainers in the region challenged and battle someone.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
i really like crowd in PWT, and i believe people want to watch the 5 best trainers in the region challenged and battle someone.

I guess they could make it work, but tbh i always liked the feeling of being alone in the PokeLeague. You walk this path by yourself, just your pokemon with you, and when you enter the next room, the door behind you closes. The only way to go is forward, beating the next Elite 4 member and continuing on your path to becoming champion. This always made me feel pretty epic, and had kind of a "do or die" feel to it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If there was some sort of tournament implemented that lead to the Elite Four, it'd be cool to have people watching that. As for the actual Elite Four battles I'd have to agree that it'd be weird having a crowd in that. It is more of a secretive battle set anyways, at least that's how I interpreted it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years

1.Normal
2.Pokemon Master

It'd be better if the 'kid mode' remained as the main game and the rematches contained this level of challenge.

As long as the E4 has the right balance between their level of OP in Gen I and their underleveled teams in every Gen since, I don't care which order we fight them in.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I hated the extremely easy Elite Four of B/W/B2/W2. I'd like to see a more traditional Elite Four, where you have to face them in ascending order of difficulty.

As for types, I'd like to see:
Elite Four 1: Normal
Elite Four 2: Steel
Elite Four 3: Dark
Elite Four 4: Dragon

As for the actual members of the Elite Four, I'd like to see something a bit different. Specifically, the new Elite Four needs to have a real background. Maybe the whole thing could be a conspiracy, and the Elite Four could turn out to be homicidal maniacs, like in the manga.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Since the games are catered to kids primarily, I severely doubt that would ever happen (although I would love to see a more serious Pokémon game, like I would love it). I do like your typings for the most part though (maybe not a Dragon final member since that's kind of getting overdone =P).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Jake is probably right, since kids are still the primary customers, i don't think they'll be including a homicidal Elite 4. I love the idea though of there being a twist to it, like in B/W and N's Castle appearing out of nowhere. Would make the whole thing more interesting and memorable!

As far as types go, I'd love to see some new ones being included. Dragon is been overdone in my opinion, and so has Fighting and Ghost probably as well.
I Like the idea of a Normal and/or stell type E4 member, i personally would love to see a Fire and a Poison type

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe an E4 is actually the real leader of the Evil team but we don't learn that until post game, having only seen the admins of it lead the group. She or he could be like Giovanni in that aspect only without seeing them before the battle. Or they could make her appear before...that'll be interesting if that happened.
For types it could be Water, Electric, Grass, and Flying, types we've not seen in any E4 barring the champions (as Wallace has water).

jrevm30

Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
i liked what they did on BW/B2W2...
I think they should mix-up what they did on the previous games with the BW series meaning you will have the ability to pick who you want to fight first with there levels gradually increasing. They can do this by making the next E4 you are facing say "I saw your match with E1, seeing how strong you are i have prepared my strongest pokemons" or something like that.

Back