• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iced

Aspiration
Years
What point in Crystal do I need to be to trade with Brown? I just started a new Crystal file and I have 2 badges in Brown.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
after the 3rd badge in crystal, when you see bill in ecruteak city's pokémon center for the time machine obtention.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
after the 3rd badge in crystal, when you see bill in ecruteak city's pokémon center for the time machine obtention.

The only problem is that you need to wait 1 more day before trading. I had the same results myself.

I wonder anyone consider translating Pokemon Brown into Japanese text. It uses mostly Katakana and Hiragana except some translators won't have the option to translate english to basic Japanese.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
cardboardbox yesterday, is the first person to complete his Pokedex 100% legit!

I wonder anyone consider translating Pokemon Brown into Japanese text. It uses mostly Katakana and Hiragana except some translators won't have the option to translate english to basic Japanese.

I'd love for someone to translate it into Japanese, so Japanese people can enjoy it too!

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Holy f-.. o.O? The first? Woah. I'd expected alot of people to have done it before me.. All I have left is the rest of the hidden items to find, then :D

Recommendation: Complete your Pokedex. You'll like the reward ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Cardboardbox, first off, congrats. Secondly, exactly how tedious is it to get numbers 225 and 226? I know they have to be randomized, and can only be found in Brown. Is it really worth playing Brown over and over again just to get those two? Did you get lucky and get them on your second run-through?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Holy f-.. o.O? The first? Woah. I'd expected alot of people to have done it before me.. All I have left is the rest of the hidden items to find, then :D

Recommendation: Complete your Pokedex. You'll like the reward ;)

Congrats man.
I am pretty damn close to completing it.
How many did you catch?

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Unfortunately I can't complete the pokedex 100%. I can't trade. I am just a moron who can't transfer save files and have them work successfully. All I am trying to do is catch Kanghaskhan, Clefable, and Nidoqueen, because I have no chance of capturing every pokemon. I can't even find kanghaskhan anyway in the Safari Zone. I can't even find 2 more moon stones to evolve clefairy and nidorina. I will still play it from time to time but since I know it's hopeless, I'm going to play Megaman games most of time. I forgot how much I enjoyed megaman. I will still post here to congratulate or to help but that is it.:( I am also going to find the items still. Those two things are left.
Congratulations Cardboardbox. Great job.

By the way what is pie27 talking about numbers 225 and 226. Which pokemon are they? Shieldon and Bastiodon?

By the way if there is a way to trade on my VBA I would love to know, because I want the reward. I can't transfer save files. I am not good at that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Unfortunately I can't complete the pokedex 100%. I can't trade. I am just a moron who can't transfer save files and have them work successfully. All I am trying to do is catch Kanghaskhan, Clefable, and Nidoqueen, because I have no chance of capturing every pokemon. I can't even find kanghaskhan anyway in the Safari Zone. I can't even find 2 more moon stones to evolve clefairy and nidorina. I will still play it from time to time but since I know it's hopeless, I'm going to play Megaman games most of time. I forgot how much I enjoyed megaman. I will still post here to congratulate or to help but that is it.:( I am also going to find the items still. Those two things are left.
Congratulations Cardboardbox. Great job.

By the way what is pie27 talking about numbers 225 and 226. Which pokemon are they? Shieldon and Bastiodon?

By the way if there is a way to trade on my VBA I would love to know, because I want the reward. I can't transfer save files. I am not good at that.

People told you time and time again to just download either VBALink 1.72 or TGB Dual. Both let you trade.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Happy Birthday Sonic Blaze Platinum. 14 years old.

People told you time and time again to just download either VBALink 1.72 or TGB Dual. Both let you trade.

I have told people time and time again that I can't transfer save files. I'm good at other computer stuff but not that. I do NOT want to download them again and play them on tgb dual or vba link on a new game. I hate starting new games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023

I have told people time and time again that I can't transfer save files. I'm good at other computer stuff but not that. I do NOT want to download them again and play them on tgb dual or vba link on a new game. I hate starting new games.

You...do realize that there is a tutorial in the first post on who to transfer save files and trade right?

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Cardboardbox, first off, congrats. Secondly, exactly how tedious is it to get numbers 225 and 226? I know they have to be randomized, and can only be found in Brown. Is it really worth playing Brown over and over again just to get those two? Did you get lucky and get them on your second run-through?

225 and 226 would technically be Missingno, if you catch my drift ;)

Congrats man.
I am pretty damn close to completing it.
How many did you catch?

There's about 12 or so that absolutely HAVE to be traded, but I traded a bit more than that from an existing Crystal save I completed the Pokedex on a few years back.

Unfortunately I can't complete the pokedex 100%. I can't trade.

Can you tell us exactly what your problem is? Error messages? Not recognising save files? Remember, the .sav of the game you have to load as GB1 and the .sa2 of the game you have to load as GB2 MUST be in a subfolder to where TGB Dual is, named /save.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023

Listen genius. The only thing needed to transfer files is to just rename the damn save file. That's it. There are instructions clear as day all over this site. Stop being stupid and just follow the damn instructions, it isn't harder than a simple copy/paste

Step 1. Start a game on TGB Dual/VBA Link 172
Step 2. Save the game
Step 3. Copy/paste the name of the save file onto your original save
Step 4. Put your original Save file in the folder of the one you just copied.

THAT'S IT. You're getting on my nerves in this thread, all you're doing is asking people to do everything for you

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
What is Tgb anyway? Is it a emulator that allows to link games in 2 or more gameboys like the VBA Link. I wonder if it does battles properly because it's a little glitchy depending on the link timeout speeds.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Oh well excuse me dude. Don't be so rude.

By the way, I know I put this in. I hate starting new games!

He's not the one being rude man, it's just a game, and its free. If you don't want to replay it then don't, it's not like you wasted any money on it.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
This is a great hack! I just came to the 3rd town and i already like this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back