• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well... Tornadus is a legendary Pokémon so it wins over most "normal" Pokémon.
Depends on what you need... but since you don't have Psychic type on your team, you should go for Psychic type and not Flying one.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Ok I here is the deal I was making a team that I Can use offLine and online but I need a flying, and since I saw tornadus wasn't banned from online use I wanted him but I can't decide

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Tornadus (both Incarnate and Therian) is generally the better choice because of its superior offenses and Speed compared to Xatu. (why you chose Xatu is beyond me, TBH) Tornadus mainly serves as a fast attacker with Choice Specs/Life Orb; Xatu, despite possessing offensively leaning stats, usually supports the team with Magic Bounce. Which one you choose depends on what your team needs. Here are some recommended sets for both:

Tornadus (Therian, even though Incarnate Tornadus can do those sets as well):
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast/Superpower
-U-turn
-Rain Dance/Taunt/Hidden Power (Ground)
Nature: Timid/Naive
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe or 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-U-turn
-Heat Wave/Air Slash
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Incarnate Tornadus can use this better than Therian Tornadus, due to Prankster access:
-Bulk Up
-Acrobatics
-Superpower/Brick Break
-Taunt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Prankster

Xatu:
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-U-turn
-Roost
-Heat Wave/Reflect
Nature: Bold/Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce

or
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Roost
-U-turn
-Psychic/Night Shade
Nature: Calm/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce

(yes, I know this is an in-game question thread, but still...)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm planning on soloing round 2 of the E4 in Black 2 with Petilil. I'd like some help with things. Since this isn't competitive, I was thinking this:

Petilil @ Eviolite
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Dream Eater
- Synthesis/Growth/HP Fire or Ice

Not sure about EV spreads though. And as for the HP, I have Fire and Ice Petilil available. Not sure if I have the time to RNG another with a different HP type though, so eh. I figure Ice would be useful because of Iris having Dragons. So yeah! Advice? :) I'm open to almost anything really. It will be on level 100, of course. Throwing that in there, lol.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Ghost/Pyschic/Dark team?

I've always enjoyed ghost, pyschic and dark type pokemon, But I don't know what good pokemon in BW2 to get for a team! I'm going to use lucario and roserade and emboar for starts for the rest of the game. But is there some good dark/psychic/ghost types?
Any suggests?:tired:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I've always enjoyed ghost, pyschic and dark type pokemon, But I don't know what good pokemon in BW2 to get for a team! I'm going to use lucario and roserade and emboar for starts for the rest of the game. But is there some good dark/psychic/ghost types?
Any suggests?:tired:
Chandelure is in my opinion the best Ghost type Pokémon in the game, but as you've already got a Fire type, you might want to go with Golurk or Cofagrigus. They're not as good as Chandelure in my opinion, but they are at least decent.

Tyranitar and Hydreigon are the best Dark type Pokémon in the Unova dex, but they're a bit difficult to obtain. You might want to go with Weavile or Zoroark instead.

As for Psychic types, I think your best bet would be Espeon, Metagross, Bronzong or Starmie. Starmie can be a great Pokémon as it covers four types you're currently missing on your team: Electric (Thunderbolt), Ice (Ice Beam), Psychic (Psychic) and Water (Surf).

Hope to have helped!

Years
I'd go with Chandelure for the Ghost-type, 145 Special Attack hits really hard and it gets good special-based moves to abuse it.

For your Dark-type, I'd recommend either Weavile for a physical attacker or Zoroark for a special attacker. Both are pretty quick as well.

And Espeon would be the obvious good Psychic, but Sigilyph is also nice cos it has a nice movepool and a secondary Flying-type.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Flygon EV's.

I am currently training a trapinch in Attack, and was wondering what else i should train it in. I know that flygon has a rather high base speed, and thats the reason i dont really want to train his speed, since its pretty good already.

What would you guys suggest?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Train it in Speed and Attack. Flygon works best as a Revenge Killer. I find that Adamant Nature Choice Scarf allows you to outspeed most things you encounter.

Moveset I'd recommend is Earthquake, Outrage, Fire Punch, U-Turn. It can be a pretty good lead to with U-Turn for scouting and such.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
This is just for an in game team. Im not really a competitive player, which is why i think the 100 base speed is enough.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
This is just for an in game team. Im not really a competitive player, which is why i think the 100 base speed is enough.
Oh, okay. Sorry, didn't notice the location of the topic. I guess attack training is enough. Flygon isn't meant to be a wall but I'd still recommend training in speed, since it's supposed to be a speedy attacker/sweeper.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
That's a well-built team. Most of them are offensive and defensive and can learn huge variety of moves. I'd stick with them they're all wonderful already,you don't need to replace any of them :3.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
I would find a stronger Fire type, then ninetails.

And maybe catch a fighting type as well.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Black 2 team

So I am starting black 2 and trying to think of a new balanced team. Any help
Snivy + evolution
Fly Type
Fire Type
Water Type
Rock/Ground/Dragon type
Electric/ice type
any thoughts on who can fill the roles?

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
What's a well-rounded team?

I'm looking for your opinions on a team for White 2 that has a good variety of types with some fairly good Pokemon. I'm looking for a team to travel with me to get all the gym badges.

Years
I'm not entirely sure this is the right section, but in any case I'll answer your question.

A good core of Pokemon, such as the Grass/Fire/Water core works well. Another example is the Dark/Fighting/Psychic core.

Good Pokemon in game usually involve being fast and having good attack stats that wipe the floor against opponents.

Here is a link to the Smogon in-game tier list that should help you see which Pokemon are ideal to use and which should be avoided.

Final thing I could say is don't choose Pokemon based on their effectiveness, if you wanted to use, say a Flygon even though Drilbur outranks Trapinch in the link I gave you, then by all means use Flygon.

Hope I helped.

Years
For fire I'd suggest Arcanine or Magmortar since they have awesome stats and fairly good move pools.

For flying Mandibuzz is reasonable but Archeops is badass stat-wise. Does have a hindering ability for memory though.

For water Mantine is good defensively but Starmie has a great Sp. Atk, good ability and good move-pool

For Ground Excadrill is a powerful option, for Dragon you want anything that is a Pseudo legendary (Like Hydreigon) but Haxorous is doable.

Ice types generally suck but Glaceon, Vaniluxe and Mamoswine have reasonable stats. The best electric options are Eeelektross because it has no weakness and Jolteon because it has good stats.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Eevee IVs question

Hey guys -- I've caught two Eevees and am trying to decide which will make a better Umbreon for my Elite 4 team. I just want to know which Eevee will be a better Umbreon. I'm out of luxury balls, so I really don't want to have to try catching more Eevees at this point...

These values are from the Marriland calculator.

Eevee #1 (Zagaato)
(Hardy)
HP : 29
Atk: 0
Def: 0, 2, 4
SAt: 5, 7, 9
SDf: 18, 20, 22
Spd: 18, 20
--AVG: 11.8462

Eevee #2 (Crowley)
(Hasty)
HP : 7 - 12
Atk: 20
Def: 12 - 16
SAt: 16 - 19
SDf: 4 - 6
Spd: 18 - 20
--AVG: 13.1429

Obviously, Zagaato's SDef is great for Umbreon, but his other IVs are so atrocious that I worry he would be totally ineffectual. Crowley has some nice all-around IVs, but his SDef is terrible.

For in-game and friendly play, what do you think of these two? Will vitamins and Umby's post-evo stat changes be enough to make up for Crowley's stats? Would Zagaato be not so bad? (That 0 in attack terrifies me, as he will be my Crunch-er.) Should I just get my boyfriend to trade me his luxury balls and try again?

Thanks.

Back