• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Intro:

I don't have screenshots yet or this would be in the Showcase section. Anyway, the game is named after the evil team of this game, Team Delta. Until Mr. Damas tells me otherwise we're using Sphere to make the game.

Features:
Every region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Sevii Islands, Sinnoh, Almia, Fiore, Orre, and Holon (Holon is NOT a fan-made region: it's from the TCG).

Every pokemon. (There is one "fakemon" called Genghy, which is the baby that Kangaskhan carries around in her pouch, but you obtain it a specific way so if you don't like fakemon you don't have to deal with it. I just think it's ridiculous that they call the thing a baby kangaskhan when it doesn't look like one; pokemon don't develop like normal animals, they evolve. If it looks like a different form then it should be)
Ghengy (by Kinuchio):
Ghengybetter.png

Kangaskhan w/o baby (by me. still deciding if I'm going to use it. post your vote below):
GHENGYWOOT.jpg

Ranger graphics and pokemon encounters. Yeah, you gotta go chase them down on-screen instead of looking around in the grass (who wants to tromp through grass for 2 hours looking for Chimecho anyway?). Battling works the same way as the mainstream games though (except that you can get swarmed by up to three angry wilds at a time).

Player, Rivals, and team Delta member (by me):
player.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

bah. it resized for some reason. i'll fix it when i can.

No more HMs!! Personally, I think it's really stupid that anyone would have to teach a Wailmer or something to swim with you on its back or teach a bird poekmon how to Fly. So like in Ranger, pokemon are going to have some automatic abilities. No more HM slaves.

Previous-game character appearances. You'll get to meet (and maybe battle?) trainers like Red and Blue on your journey.

Evolving during battle.

NPCs move, so you might run into them on different routes as they complete their own journies. (requested by a friend. initially I said no but Mr. Damas said it's a relatively simple algorithm...we'll see)

Master Quests: these won't be available until after you beat the game. they'll be one of the last things added to the game. once you're able to do all of these, you'll be a certified pokemon master!
Master Battler Quest: Not only must you defeat the Elite of the regions, you also have to tackle really tough challenges like the battle frontiers.
Breeding Legendaries Quest: since they showed a baby Lugia in the anime it's obviously possible for them to breed--not to mention they exist in the first place and probably didn't come from nothing.
(I have more but they're on my external harddrive. i'm doing most of this from memory)

Easter Eggs: for the hard-core fans that have been playing a while, you'll find little secrets throughout the game, such as a "Pikablu" (Marill) in the kitchen of a ship in the game.

^Ideas for this section are welcome.^

Plot:

Heavy Spoilers (obviously):

You and your twin brother Thomas are from Fiore and you just moved to a newly-expanded section of Phenac City in the Orre region. Team Delta has just expanded into Orre from Holon and NPCs in Phenac explain to you that they're giving away pokemon out in Pyrite Town. Where you grew up, people became rangers or nothing. There was no such thing as trainers. Your brother is excited about the new opportunity and decides that the two of you should become trainers and get a pokemon. A girl nearby, who was listening in, jumps in the conversation and very excitedly starts going on about pokemon contests. The three of you then go to Pyrite and are immidiately drawn into a conversation with a Delta member near the entrance of the city. He lets you choose from one of the three Johto starters, the last three that the Delta member has*. (During the opening dialogue with the Delta member he asks for your name out of curiosity. At this point you can name your character)

The girl chooses whichever pokemon is weak to yours, and your brother chooses the one that has an advantage against you**. Just after you pick your pokemon, Nett from the previous Orre games shows up and runs off the Delta member, then runs off to his tv station. Your brother, who's angry that someone just ran off the guy who was nice enough to give you a pokemon, drags you along to follow Nett his tv station. There Nett reports that the pokemon Team Delta has been giving away have been modified through experimentation to give them altered movesets*** and urges authorities to boot them out of Orre as soon as possible.

NPCs have mixed feelings about the broadcast. Most think Nett is over-reacting (one even says "Well my pokemon doesn't seem to mind whatever they did to it. Who says experiments are always inhumane?") and some even think the extra moves are an improvement. The few that think they're suspicious still don't think they're much to worry over. The nosey girl from before is worried about it though, and challenges you to a battle to make sure her pokemon isn't defective. Even if she loses though, she just chalks it up to no battling skills and says she really just wants to do contests anyway. Your brother thinks battling's the only fun thing and challenges yoou to a race to see who can beat Pyrite Colluseum first (it's a good idea to battle the people in Battle Square before challenging the Colluseum). Once you beat it, he gets mad and challenges you to a battle himself (I wanted the first real rival battle to be after your pokemon learns moves like Ember to make it more difficult than the normal games).

From here I'm gonna be really vague 'cause I'm getting tired of typing, but I'll fill details back in later:

As you defeat more Colluseums, Delta gets more powerful and becomes a pretty big influence in Orre. Eventually you find out the experiments are behind a rather sinister plot, and you must go to Holon to stop their experimenting. once you cleanse Orre and Holon, you and your can take a ship to Johto. He challenges you to a fresh start. it's rather transparent that he wants a fresh start because he doesn't think he can catch up to you with the pokemon you already have, but you agree anyway and the two of you leave your pokemon behind. while on the boat you meet Professor Oak (not randomly; it'll be explained when I go back and fill in the details of this section) who gives you one of the Kanto starters.

As you play through Johto, you find out that you didn't defeat the boss of Delta in Holon after all, but just an admin, and that now they're taking over gyms. You find out that they don't need to experiment anymore and that their boss has the ultimate delta species, one that even gyms leaders can't stand up to. After you beat the gyms you find out that Delta has all the gym leaders locked up somewhere in Kanto. They're being held in the old Rocket hideout under the Game Corner (you'll find Delta in other old baddie bases too, but more on that when I expand this). the guy guarding them won't even consider battling you until you have 8 more badges, and when you come back, Red and Gold (yes, the player characters of the versions they're named after) show up and challenge him first. He's so powerful, he even defeats their combined power (remmy how tough Red was at Mt. Silver? this guy can beat that!) Red and Gold are promptly tied up and taken downstairs by Delta members. after he beats you (and he will) more Delta members show up to haul you away too. Luckily, some Rangers show up just in time and free you. They take you to Almia, where you're expected to help teach them how to battle with their partners and free the Ranger Regions of Delta's presense. unfortunately, Delta stole your pokemon back at Celadon, so the Rangers give you a Sinnoh starter. Once you beat the deltas in the two regions you hear a rumor that Delta's boss is in Sinnoh. you go by boat to Canalave City and find out from the Delta gym leader there that the boss is at Mt. Coronet, seeking a pokemon even more powerful than the one he already has. when you get there he's at the top of Spear Pillar. Cyrus prevents him from meeting his goals by capturing the three lake spirits again (haven't decided if he's reformed or just doens't want anyone else to have more power than him. XD also don't know if he'll make an appearance at spear pillar or not). but ultimately it doens't matter, b/c a grunt shows up and tells the boss that they've captured a pokemon with pokerus. he seems extremely excited about this, and the boss leaves immidiately, leaving you to battle the grunt, who's actually decent at battling.

You go to the Orange Islands shortly after that and meet Crystal, who's very disappointed that she was unable to catch the pokerus pokemon first. she tells you to get to Professor Ivy to find out more about what Team Delta has planned. You're eventually directed to Hoenn, but when you get there by ship they won't let you in with your pokemon b/c they don't want the awful virus to spread to any more poor pokemon. you find out that Delta has mutated the virus into pokeflu, which is like pokerus but without the nice stat increase, just the status problems. the only reason they even let you in is b/c they've heard of your amazing heroics in the other regions, and the peole at the space station in Mossodeep think you can save the region; the boss of Delta has finally revealed the last part of his plan; to put all of the pokemon world under his control. he alone has the cure for the new virus they've developed. The Mossodeep people give you a Master Ball. It's your job to catch the only pokemon that has a chance of fixing this mess: Deoxys. after you catch it, bring it back to the space center so they can use Deoxys to make an antivirus. the boss shows up and decides he'll deal with you personally.

*I picked Johto starters b/c the only way to get the Johto starters for a while was to catch their evolved forms on Pokemon Colluseum, so it's sort of my tribute to that that you can get them in Orre again.
**I'm not being sexist. I'm female too. XD Later in the game she'll completely pwn you in pokemon contests, so she's not completely useless
***was inspired from the trading card game. in the trading card game, delta species actually changed their types, but considering their weaknesses and resistances remained the same i thought the game equivalent would have to be altered movesets.

Team/Credits:

Concepts, storyline, features, character spriting: Me (i'll be doing the mapping too but we're not there yet)

Pokemon Ranger rips: Pikachu Trainer, Lemon, Mystery Dungeon, Cloud, and Ragey from Spriter's Resource

Pokemon Dungeon rips: Catcatcat, Mr. C, Amyrosesweetie, Jackster, and Redblueyellow of Spriter's Resource

The multi-talented Mr. Damas fills many of the positions on the team. He also has his own webcomic: www.legendarycomics.net

Kinuchio, author of the webcomic Pokemon Legacy Version, made the new/better sprite for Ghengy. You can read his comic here: http://www.drunkduck.com/Pokemon_Legacy_Version/index.php?p=82103

Userbar:

-by Ac1d

Last edited:

Waudby

First question is this, if you're doing this in Sphere how familiar with the software is your scripter?

Is quite a big challenge to take on from scratch if they're not a proficient scripter. How you done any of the game at all so far?

Years
i have some mapping done from my first attempt to make the game by myself, but it's in firered tiles so i'm redoing everything before i post it.

Mr. Damas is unfamiliar with the software, but he's currently getting his master's in computer engineering and has done gaming projects for his classes, so i don't think it will be a problem. because it's new to him most of the project will start during the summer.

Waudby

i have some mapping done from my first attempt to make the game by myself, but it's in firered tiles so i'm redoing everything before i post it.

Mr. Damas is unfamiliar with the software, but he's currently getting his master's in computer engineering and has done gaming projects for his classes, so i don't think it will be a problem. because it's new to him most of the project will start during the summer.

That's good then, many people try and take on too much at once and it all ends badly.

If he ever needs any help in Sphere, feel free to contact me about it, as I've been using it for about 2-3+ years now.

Years
Mystery Dungeon is ripping more tiles for me, so the mapping will be started soon. I'l working on spriting Ghengy too. When I get that finished i'll post a pic.

Years
update: i've added the Ghengy sprite. i'll probably be changing his feet but that's wghat he looks like for now.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
Years
I'm fully supporting this development, I was looking in the thread and notice my name mentioned and I was like OMG! And then I read on to find out why, I can't to see the rips put to good use. Good Luck =D

Years
Lemon said I could use your sprites. I thought maybe he had 2 accounts or something, but I guess not. I'm glad to see that even though you're a separate person you still don't mind me using them. XD

It would also be really awsome if you could rip more. ^.^

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
You have some okay ideas, but keep in mind that you shouldn't bite off more than you can chew. It is a feat to finish even one region well.

Years
Mr. Damas is a very determined individual, and i'm very stubborn. I think together we'll be fine. He told me once we get started, we're going to finish, period. He's not one to waste his time. XD

I realise some of the ideas are big, but we're not alone and it's mostly stuff that's been done before or modifications of stuff that's been done before, so no worries. :)

Awan

Graphic Designer
Years
Haha its good to see that baby Kangaskhan fight. But are you going to re-sprite Kangaskhan? To remove the baby from the pocket?

Years
I've been thinking about whether I should or not. Spoiler (mild):

Ghengy will only be available from Professor Oak after the main story is finished. If you talk to him he'll say some poachers killed her mom in the Safari Zone and she managed to hide from them because she's so small. This is the first time Oak has been able to study a baby Kangaskhan and he asks you to look after it so he can get data for his research. You can battle with Ghengy, but she doesn't like being out in the open very long so she won't follow you on-screen like other pokemon will in the game.

Now, I have a few things I've been thinking over:

Not everyone likes fakemon, even ones like Ghengy, which is why the method for obtaining Ghengy is special.

I don't like the fact that newly-hatched Kangaskhan have babies in their pouches already. However, It doesn't make much sense to encounter one without a baby in its pouch since most wild ones would be carrying one. I would like to modify the Kangaskhan sprites, but for the people who like Kangaskhan the way it is I'm reluctant. Another thing I'd like to do is list both Nidoran under the same pokedex number, but again I'm reluctant to do so. What do you think?

Awan

Graphic Designer
Years
How about this, make the Kangaskhan without the baby a male Kangaskhan(maybe change a bit more of the sprite?). Can only be obtain using a (put name here) stone on a male Genghy, like how to obtain Gallade ^_^
About the Nidoran, its better to put them in separate pokedex number. Cuz they got different sprite not like other male and female pokemon.

Awan

Graphic Designer
Years
Yeah, maybe thats the problem. But changing a bit doesnt hurt, its juz a fangames. Kangaskhan is a Parent species Pokémon, but its gender ratio is female only haha. Its kinda weird to see a female only species got a baby.

Years
Hey guys, I wanted your thoughts on this:

I want to put two rivals in Delta, one who sucks at battling. Later at one of the battle frontiers she gets upset because she can't win and asks if you'll trade pokemon with her temporarily. this is how you'll be able to evolve pokemon that need a trade to do so.

what do you think? I don't plan on making it an online game so you can't really trade with your friends, but I want peopel to be able to get all the pokemon anyway.

Awan

Graphic Designer
Years
With that way, you'll only get 1 pokemon to evolve to final stage. Why dont you just make an NPC to do it, make price for it? OR like in official games...some random NPC want to trade his graveler(example) for your pikachu(example). OR just change the PBS, so the pokemon will just evolve when it get to the level that you set :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back