• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
that's the weird part, I'm not. i downloaded and patched 1.5, 1.5.2, and 1.5.3 properly. and i got them from your post listing each one. i'm pretty sure i patched them right. the only one i'm worried about is 1.5.3. In that patch, the audio is the only update in it, right?

Nope, there's plenty more in it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
no sound for me. :(

I'v downloaded the patch and still... What a shame.

*edit: also, I can't save, apparently... ><

I'm using the 1.5 version. I tried using it with the 1.52 patch and replace it with the 1.53. Futile.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Hey!:)

I'm new to this forum and just downloaded ur game, so i thought i should say what problems i found out in the first few minutes off the game.
I know that u guys allready got beta testers and that u maybe know about all off the problems i'm about to say, but maybe there is something u have missed so i will say what i found.

1: When you start a new game, if u pick a gender u can't go back to change it without resetting the game, well i not find a way to do it. If there is a way you need it to be more clear for a new player.

2: Screen size is way to small, only 240x160 and 480x320 are working correctly. With 320x240 and 640x480 the game screen is still small but you get a weird frame around it. Well i think that i would be best if you can change the screen size manually.

3: In options, frame 1 and 2 are the same, don't know if something is wrong on my end or this is something overlooked.

4: The keysetup feels wrong, back and start key on the same button feels wrong.

5: F1 menu, i found out about this one when i was looking through some comments on this page, you need to tell the gamer about this one in game.

6: The small stairs in the game lower your speed when you run on them and look you in place, if u have played Zelda a link to the past and think about the stairs that freezes time when you walk on them u will know what i mean.

7: The battles are really slow, don't know if that is a case of some kind off lag or not but it don't feel like lag.

8: In battles the 1/4 of the upper screen is wasted, nothing is there and it feels wrong. I don't know if it's like that on purpose or not.

9: No attack animations, every attack pretty much got the same. (Well u should know about this one)

10: Weather is not showing in battle

11: When i look at my pokemons, my starter Shin got the symbole of Unown.

12: When you go into the detail of a pokemon (summary) the detail frame is not fitting the screen, it's to small and some text is going beyond the frame.

13: Moving around in the PDA is with up and down arrow, feels wrong and i thought that something was wrong with my right arrow at first.

14: The "Navigator" in the PDA starts at upper right corner and no indication on were you are on the map.

15: Pressing "Awards" when you get the PDA just exits the PDA and is not working.

16: I don't know what "Frame Checker" is suppose to do in the PDA but it's just exits the PDA, another thing is when you exits the PDA the "Frame Checker" button is still brtight when everything else is fading away.

17: The "Trainer Info" page in the PDA is fading away after 2 sec.

Well as i said, you probably allready know about all of this but i just feelt like telling u about it.
If u guys want me to continue with this checking just say it here.
One last thing, english is not my fisrt language so don't mind any misspellings or things like that, thank you.

Well that was everything!

Take care! ;)

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
The patch has 1.5.2 version number. Does it mean I don't need it if I download 1.5.3 release?

D. Lawride

Years
The patch has 1.5.2 version number. Does it mean I don't need it if I download 1.5.3 release?

As far as I can recall, it wasn't exclusively necessary. However, I would advise doing it, because usually one patch carries new audio files. If anything, download each patch because of those.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2013
I'm not sure if these 2 problems have been addressed yet, but
1.In some trainer battles I will get first attack and the opponent will not use any moves until their pokemon has fainted
2.The moves Rest and Hyponosis do not work. It will say I used it twice in a row (I've though I don't) and nothing will happen.

D. Lawride

Years
Hey there, everyone! It's been a while!

I would like to apologize for not updating in a long time. Development has been tough here, but it's been going.

Now, I'm posting this so as to give you the most important updates so far. I'll start with the most influential ones.

NO MORE FAKEMON
I know that, right now, there are still Fakemon in the first page. I will 'remove' them (which is to say I'll hide them somewhere...) once Version 1.6 (which is in the works with an uncertain time of release) has been released.

The bottom line is that we decided to remove Fakemon altogether. The next demos of Pokémon Nightmare will no longer feature Fakemon.​

ESSENTIALS ENGINE
If you're a developer or have been following Essentials' course of development, you'll know that the most recent versions of the engine require deleting your saved data. Nightmare will be upgrading to one such version, and we will be taking the chance to implement the aforementioned change in Fakemon, as well as add a new way to 'select' your starter and just modify the game for the better in many aspects.​

If you want to know more about these two points, you can also check our recent podcast on Youtube or here:

That's all for now everyone, thanks for listening, and we hope you continue to follow our updates.

gold/silverFTW

Ecruteak Champion
Years
Hello, I have a question. I downloaded version 1.5.3 of your game but I can't open an RGSSAD File. It asks me what program to open it with. Sorry, it just confuses me. Thanks, D. Lawride! :)

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
Hello, I have a question. I downloaded version 1.5.3 of your game but I can't open an RGSSAD File. It asks me what program to open it with. Sorry, it just confuses me. Thanks, D. Lawride! :)

The reason as simple as opening the wrong file xD
Simply open Game.exe and it should open and run just fine.

Years
If you're getting rid of the Fakemon what will the starters be? Will we have to start the game over or what will happen to the Fakemon we currently have?

D. Lawride

Years
If you're getting rid of the Fakemon what will the starters be? Will we have to start the game over or what will happen to the Fakemon we currently have?

The starters will be determined in a new way, which we hope will be fresh for players and always new. Regardless, you will necessarily have to start the game over again. Bear in mind that you won't be repeating th same game, or at least not exactly, since the structure of the maps and even the story changes a bit from the latest release.

Refer to the podcast if you have any doubts.

Years
Woah the game looks cool but sadly when I finished downloading the beta 1.5.3 I had encountered files that I don't even know of O_O how do i play the game.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back