• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Hardest gym leader?

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I just wanna know your guys' opinion on the hardest gym leader you've ever played against. I think it was Whitney because of her Miltank. That was a deadly duo. What do you guys think? Roll Tide

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I know recently I had trouble against Roxie because I didn't train anything but my Servine .

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Whitney's Miltank was real annoying. Having trained (at that point) only a quilava and dratini. After spending months getting its health down, Whitney would just use a moomoo milk. She used three in total, and the battle lasted around 10 minutes

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Sabrina in fist gen because Psychic types were broken..Whitney was just annoying but Sabrina was just an nightmare in first gen.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Whitney's Miltank everytime, that Miltank was so OP it was ridiculous. She would just constantly spam 'Rollout' all the time, dealing a ton of damage, not to mention the defense of her Miltank was pretty bloody high as well.

And then she cried when you beat her ..... :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like the above, Whitney's Miltank. It was too strong at that point in the game and even had a recovery move to make things more frustrating. I also had a hard time with Wallace/Juan, mainly because of Milotic.

Years
I never seemed to have too many problems with Whitney's Miltank, but I always hated the Psychic gyms, particularly Sabrina in Gen 1 (Broken Psychic types!) and Tate and Liza were a pain too!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Clair's Kingdra would stomp me at every chance when I was younger, but now it's all about Liza & Tate. I always have trouble with them for some reason or another and it's made me hate their entire city.

Years
GrayJM9 said:
I know recently I had trouble against Roxie because I didn't train anything but my Servine .
I had this trouble too, even though I was training my Riolu as well. She's the only Gym Leader I can recall losing to more than once, and it ended up taking me 5 or 6 tries to beat her (mostly because I was too stubborn to level my Pokemon any higher or catch something with a type advantage).

Another Gym Leader I can recall having a little trouble with was Clair. I didn't lose to her, but he did manage to knock out half my party with her Kingdra alone.

Years
Clair. Oh god she was so strong and I didn't have much that can deal with Dragon-types easily. I eventually won by luck using an underleveled Dewgong.

Fantina in Platinum comes close because I recall losing to her once before eventually beating her. It's that Mismagius of hers, she has such wide type coverage!

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
As said above Whitney with her cheating Miltank. She kept Stomping my Gastly ;_;. I only beat her by suicide Cursing her with Gastly and waiting it out with a Geodude.

Every time I play through Emerald I always stumble at Winona because of Skarmory stopping my Rock Tomb spam and Altaria being just a pain at that level.

In my most recent play through of Emerald Wattson has been the bane of my existence but that is just because my party has no ground types and he just goes hurr durr Shock Wave and one or two shots my whole party. That'll teach me for trying to play a Swampertless play through.

Years
I had quite a lot of problems with Whitney, Watson (when Treecko was my starter) and Tate & Liza.
Hard to say who I "hated" the most to battle with: Whitney or Tate & Liza.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
I've only played B&W so YAY no comments about Miltank! (jk guys, I'm sure it's just as annoying as you say.)

Elesa, until I discovered Rock Slide in Drilbur's move-set. Right now I'd say Lenora... that goshdang Herdier and Watchog with Retaliate... *Grumblegrumble*140 attack power if a fellow party member fainted last turn*Grumblegrumble*

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Ugh. CLAIR. If you have a high level Jynx+choice specs+blizzard, she can be a cake walk. However, challenging her without an ice type is a fate worse than death! Whitney is pretty tough too. And Blue. There were a lot of tough leaders in gen 2 lol.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i agree with most of the previous. i had the most trouble with whitney, clair, fantina, and for me, pryce. even though i had typhlosion his piloswine kept KOing my team with earthquake.

Years
i hated fighting Tate and Liza. Even with a Swampert and Mightena it was bloody impossible!!!! they should definately not be allowed to use earthquake. btw did everyone else know that Tate is a boy????????? i only found out yesterday and that blew my mind. i always thought he was a chick.... wth?

Warship

異議あり!
Years
it was norman for me. without using protect(which i seldom do) its nearly impossible to defeat his slaking. if you give it a status ailment it retaliates with facade and after defeating it there's another slaking and in my opinion even worse a vigoroth. (since it doesnt have truant.) i beat him in like the 5th try. his emerald party was easier to beat though.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Without a doubt, Brock in Pokemon Yellow (or on the rare occasions that I chose charmander in red and blue but I usually didn't). I didn't really know that you could get Mankey back then so easily, or at least, I never reaized that he could beat Brock. But Brock was just so hard because every move you had without Mankey (starting with either pikachu or charmander) even catching all other Pokemon available
At the time, was either not very effective or ineffective; and he had super effective moves to literally every Pokemon other than Mankey

Tate is a boy??????

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Oh my god, Whitney, if i ever see that Miltank again, i will selfdesctruct i swear.

Back