• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Here is my SU that I hope to update during the future.

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, here's my sign up. I added a good portion more than the previous version, in particular adding a decent bit of info about his experiences in the Marines. I added some to the personality as well, but have always been more of a build it as I go kind of guy, so I'm not sure how well it came out.

Name:
Graves Markus

Epithet/Nickname: Dead Eye [Military nickname]

Appearance: Markus stands at roughly 5 foot 10 inches, with a slim-ish frame. Markus is white with black ruffled hair. Markus wears an altered uniform consisting of a white vest over a black dress shirt. As an Ensign, Markus has the honor of being allowed to wear the trademark coat of the Marines, bearing the Kanji for Justice on it's back. Markus chose to forgo this, however, in favor of stitching the design himself onto the back of his vest. Over his uniform, Markus wears black suspenders, which serve as the carrier of a hooking mechanism for transporting his rifle on his back. On his left hip, a holster is present for his pistol.

Personality: Markus is a fairly serious individual. He is not the most social, having been denied the proper interactions a child should have at a young age, and sometimes comes off as rude, often unintentionally, as he can be pretty frank about things. He's not uptight though, and does know how to relax. Markus has a strong, though perhaps a bit skewed, sense of justice, and will not tolerate any injustice he believes to be witnessing. His years in the Marines have made him particularly sensitive to the corruption of the World Government. As a result he has become more tolerant of the behavior of some pirates, seeing them as the embodiment of freedom. Markus avoids emotional connections with others because of the loss of his grandparents, not wanting to lose someone he cares about again.

History: Markus was a child who constantly was at odds with the other children of his home. Many of them bullied him, and made life very difficult for him and his grandparents. He was not as strong as the other children, and instead had to find less conventional ways to deal with them. Having admired the rifle displayed in his Grandfather's quarters, Markus took to making his own projectiles. His favorite and perhaps most successful of which was a mix between a crossbow and a slingshot, which he called a cross-shot, as he could not think of a better name.

One night, the bullies set out to get back at Markus, by sneaking into his room at night to smash all his devices. An unfinished tool made to help his grandmother light the fire place more effectively, sparked a fire in the house, which Markus barely managed to escape. His grand parents on the other hand were not so lucky. Amazingly, the only thing which survived the fire with only minimal scorching, was the old rifle in his Grandfather's room. He lived as an orphan from then on, keeping himself secluded, and avoiding other people in his village except when he needed something. The other children never seemed to learn, though, and continued to tease him after the accident.

Some years later, Markus joined the Marines hoping he could help prevent such events from happening. He joined right at the height of the campaign against the King Pirates. He gained quite a reputation as one of the best Marksmen in the Marines, and appeared to be on the fast track to the higher ranks of the Marines. However, while tracking Pirates through a string of islands, Markus's first mission hit a metaphorical road block. The Pirates seemed to have disappeared entirely without a trace. Markus's commander, "White Cannon" Wilhelm, decided that the inhabitants of the last island known to have the pirates must have been harboring them. Markus tried to convince Wilhelm that there was no evidence to support this idea, but it didn't matter, Wilhelm outranked Markus. What followed was a brutal massacre brought about by the very people Markus had respected for so long. In the end, the Pirates they were looking for had never even been in contact with the village.

Markus followed orders like a good soldier for the duration of his time in the Marines, atrocities and all. But perhaps it was his misgivings about the way that the World Government was running things that caused something to spark inside of him when the last King Pirate was executed. And from a spark, sometimes fire is born...

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Markus is primarily a Marksman, and as such carries a pair of guns on him, a rifle and a pistol, which he can wield together at the same time. Being right handed, he generally uses the rifle on his right and his pistol on the left. The rifle is noticeably worn with some gold details, and a set of engraved initials: G.R. The Pistol is custom made with a small divot for resting the barrel of his rifle on, when precision is needed. The Rifle is also fitted with a bayonet for close quarters combat. While in the Marines, Markus learned how to use a cannon, which came pretty naturally to him with his prior experience. Markus is also a bit of a tinkerer and can make simple devices for handling simple problems. One example of this is the gun mounting system he created for storing his Rifle on his back.

Goal/Dream: Unhappy with the state of the Marines, Markus wishes to bring true justice to the land, the first step of which will be to bring down the World Government.

Other/Quirks: Markus tends to take things quite literally, often missing the point with analogies and metaphors, which can be difficult in the world of marines and pirates, where almost everything has a nickname. Even his own nickname confuses him, as he very clearly has a pair of fully functioning eyes. If a person isn't very specific, it can lead to disastrous misunderstandings. From time to time, he may try to tell a joke or make a metaphor himself, but it will always result in him just saying exactly what something is without any real humor.

Current Bounty: None

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
After reviewing the sign ups (with a little input from SV) and given the power invested in me by SV, I have reached my decision concerning the SUs. It was not an easy choice, mind you.

Congratulations to both NecrumWarrior and Synthet! You are now part of the crew. This is not a knock on the other SUs by Fortworth and LightSpeed, as you guys have some great characters and should spots ever open up, I or SV will reach out personally and see if you guys want to come abroad with the characters you created. Thank you very much for your interest.

NecrumWarrior and Synthet. Feel free to post on Duke Island. My advice, if you want to get involved with the crew right away, is to witness the fight and for one reason or another and say "Hi!" But we love creativity so experiment if you fancy it!

Reactions: SV

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Oooh welcome welcome guys! *7* Can't wait to RP with you guys, many apologies in advance for my deadweight girl hahaha! Love your characters though, looking forward to meeting them IC!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Thanks very much! I'm in the middle of reading through the IC thread, so once I've finished catching up I'll jump right in with Kara.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Sounds good to me! By the way, a welcome to both of you from myself as well. If you need anything at all, be it a summary of the events so far, clarification on something, or anything else, feel free to VM or PM myself or Raikiri.

Also, if you have any ideas of how you'd like to jump in, feel free to also ask! We'd love to hear the suggestions and we're willing to work with you to make it happen.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
So I know there's a lot of NPCs we've introduced so far...so we figure we'll just pile on all of those with the ones we just introduced in the new post. Enjoy!

You're welcome to interact with them if you choose, though they'll likely run into you eventually too. I'll be updating the wiki with them soon!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'm unsure if we should get into a fight right after I finished up with, technically, two fights XD And I dunno if we're even supposed to be strong enough to beat one of these guys! I guess it's up to SV and what he thinks would be a good idea.

Years
@SB - I was also kind of worried about them getting into another fight so soon. I figure if we do it we'll include comedy - like blaming each other for the bad luck and going on about how terrible there day had been. Also, who said we have to win? If you don't like the idea we will get up to other shenanigans instead :D

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
We'll talk to SV about it! It's not that I don't like fighting, but I can imagine if we get beat, there's not alot more we can really do the rest of the story :P Let's just wait and see!

Years
Fair enough haha, honestly one of the biggest reasons I include so much combat in my posts is simply because I write that much better than everything else I think haha

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Both of you have good points.

Ultimately, by following the major plot of finding the treasure, the RP crew will naturally run into these pirates eventually, so it might be best to confront them in that way. Of course, if you'd really like to fight them ahead of time, we could definitely arrange that as well! It's really less about what Raikiri and I think is best and more about what you guys wanna do, so if you're itching to do something, feel free to PM or VM myself or Raikiri to let us know.

But I'll keep in mind that you write combat posts better than everything else, so I'll be sure to throw more your way, gimme. xD

You did say you wanted to do a jp with Kuzo Skellen and Vance so if you're still up for that, let me know here or on the pad!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, I didn't say with Kuzo, basically just Skellen and Vance going around, trying to get information out of some locals to get some kind of hints as to where the treasure is. All we'd need you for, is to be NPCs to give us proper guidance and such :P

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yeah, sure Rai or I can do that! Let me know when you'd like to do that.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Nice posts, Alby and Necrum! Very intruiging :3

Oh, and Necrum, once your guy finally does meet Vance... I dunno if he'd recognize him. He -did- go to Marine... uh, school? Academy? Whatever you might wanna call it, and he's the son of a captain, after all. I'll leave that up to you, though. Just thought I'd let you know!

Back