• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a special gift

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
hello im newerish here and had a good idea what to do for my little brothers bday ( judging how i got him nothing last year due to lack of ideas.) but im thinking of making a pokemon rom hack or fan game. but i have no idea wher to start or if i should use RPGXP or hack a rom. so first if anyone has any imput on what i should do on that line please tell me. now he loves fakemon and everything of the sorts. he and i have always loved the idea of a massive game with all the regions, all the pokemon plus fakes.
now i know it cant be done in at least a 6 month time period but i at least want him to kno im doing somthing for him.
so further more if anyone has any one input on the fesability of this and would like to help just post here!
and sorry about the wall of text
. EDIT:
hate to do this agian vut rom haking seems much more fesable, i dont know how itl fit all regions and pokemon(most likely wont)
i might just give the game to him in parts.
but im gona need somthings such as:
-someone to tech me how t use this as i go -MOST IMPORTANt!!!!!!!!!!!, need this before anything else. and please people
help me!
- a team
-GOOD fakes or spriter
- story that'll take me through all the regions- being worked on
-an eventer
- a scripter
-public or custom tiles- public=found (probably wont need customs)
-a starter kit
-misc art
- and probably a lot more that im not thinking about.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Well you need to create story around your game. Then choose starters and characters. Modify them?

Then you can change places by mapping. If you are creating NDS ROM, you need to download NDS Hack Tools, and for GBA ROM, AdvanceMap is good.

If you want to modify Pokémon - sprites, you need program to do it. Paint is good.

YouTube and other members are best help. Sorry if my help was poor. Coz I gotta go to sleep. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
i know what id need to do for the game ive messed around with stuf like advance map.
one of my main questions was for some of the goals i have listed above:
would it be more fesable to do this with somthing like RMXP to acomplish things such as all the pokemon/ multiple regions, and for fake sprites most of the ones i found (i cant draw:disappoin) dont fit the 64x64 canvas that the GBA roms offer.
and of course people i dont expect to do all of this alone! so if anyone wants to help PM or VM me, or of course post here!:)

Back