• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Oh, and I think you guys misunderstood what I said. I didn't say anything about the world map. What I meant is, is it possible to fit three full regions into the game (not world map)?

Lol no. Unless the second and third are shallowly scripted. :\ You'll need to insert a lot of maps (including houses! >:]) and lots of new scripts, so I doubt it. A 32MB ROM could probably (most likely) fit three and a bit.

Oh, and then I remember. Flying spots. I don't think you can add more.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
@Med0
To fix the "it is too large, Aborting" problem, this is what you do:
You uncheck the "auto abort if new data is bigger"
You check the "automatically fix pointers"
In the Image offset box, Type in a new offset that has lots of free space. If you're new to hacking, an offset that usually has free space is 845000, so in the box you type 00845000
I Inserted the Sprites But they are Missed (Bad Colors)

Larsie13

Can you expand on how I would make this pointer? Do you mean by in hex like if you want to point to 801000 you would put 00108008 in the place where you said the script would be?

OR do you mean by just plainly in XSE making a script that says "goto [Offset]"?

Oh, and I think you guys misunderstood what I said. I didn't say anything about the world map. What I meant is, is it possible to fit three full regions into the game (not world map)? Like you know how in Shiny Gold there's Jhoto and Kanto? Well would it be possible to include maybe Jhoto, Kanto, and a third region like 2 cities smaller than Jhoto? (WITHOUT expanding) Like is there enough space? I know Ruby has the most free space, and Emerald is bloated with not too much space. However I do know that there's TONS of space. (I'm guessing ruby has about 7mb free space since almost half of it in hex is FF. Whereas I've heard Emerald has like 2mb of free space.)

Oh and does UNLZ work with expanded games? Also you can create a map in your expanded game correct?

One last thing.. You know how pointers in hex are reversed and setup as such: 5B37CD would be CD375B08. How would I go about making a pointer to a 7 digit offset?

Thanks in advance people.

Change the 08 to 09. SO 0x1000000 becomes 00 00 00 01 09.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
Here is my question agian.

In pokemon FR/E how do you change the music of the trainers you fight in battle? I can only change the music of when I encounter trainers, not the actual battle theme.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

In pokemon FR/E how do you change the music of the trainers you fight in battle? I can only change the music of when I encounter trainers, not the actual battle theme.

As far as I know, the battle theme is strictly related to the trainer class.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
Two problems for FR:

1. When I try to look at the character stats (money, game data, etc), the screen fades to black as normal...but stays black. It's not frozen--it just doesn't load.

2. This one has been asked before, or so I remember, but upon searching and searching I fail to find it: Text that isn't what I wrote is showing up. For example, I wanted someone to say "Hi hello yay" and it changes automatically into someone elses' line, or something irrelevant like "îîîìììììì[ME]". I know it has something to do with the offsets (or so I think), but the weird thing is that only the beginning or end parts will be overridden; in "Hi hello yay/nuh yeah/pWhoooo", it would become "is back to full health/nuh yeah/pWhoooo".

Thanks for any future help?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I Inserted the Sprites But they are Missed (Bad Colors)

Ok, then if you're replacing a pokemon/trainer sprite check the "export palette" option.

Ok so, the max I can probably fit in one 16mb game is two regions and maybe a little bit more?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Two problems for FR:

1. When I try to look at the character stats (money, game data, etc), the screen fades to black as normal...but stays black. It's not frozen--it just doesn't load.

2. This one has been asked before, or so I remember, but upon searching and searching I fail to find it: Text that isn't what I wrote is showing up. For example, I wanted someone to say "Hi hello yay" and it changes automatically into someone elses' line, or something irrelevant like "îîîìììììì[ME]". I know it has something to do with the offsets (or so I think), but the weird thing is that only the beginning or end parts will be overridden; in "Hi hello yay/nuh yeah/pWhoooo", it would become "is back to full health/nuh yeah/pWhoooo".

Thanks for any future help?

1. Did you insert a new player sprite lately, perhaps? That could be the reason.

2. Try using a hex editor + tables instead of A-Text.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
1. Did you insert a new player sprite lately, perhaps? That could be the reason.

2. Try using a hex editor + tables instead of A-Text.

1. I did indeed insert a new sprite--that is who the script is for, actually. Would that menu be forever disabled with even only one new sprite?

2. I didn't use a-text...but I am noob and don't understand what hex editor + tables mean ;_; I used Free Space Finder to get the main offset and the computer did the rest, so I don't get why that's happened...

(Thanks anyway : D)

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years

I only change them by Pokemon Synthesis or PET. It should have the music number.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
1. I did indeed insert a new sprite--that is who the script is for, actually. Would that menu be forever disabled with even only one new sprite?

2. I didn't use a-text...but I am noob and don't understand what hex editor + tables mean ;_; I used Free Space Finder to get the main offset and the computer did the rest, so I don't get why that's happened...

(Thanks anyway : D)

1. No, but... you have a backup right? Anyway, what's the offset where you inserted the sprite?

2. The computer did the rest?? That's amazing... Now, please tell us what did you do exactly.

I only change them by Pokemon Synthesis or PET. It should have the music number.

Or A-Trainer >:D

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
is there anyway to turn off the battle/town music while still hearing the other game sounds?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Ok.. I have a question. Is there a way to add more flags to the game?

Is there a way to add fly spots to a map?

How would I go about editing palettes of tilesets and stuff when it rains? Or is it already preset?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ok.. I have a question. Is there a way to add more flags to the game?

Is there a way to add fly spots to a map?

How would I go about editing palettes of tilesets and stuff when it rains? Or is it already preset?
1. There are literally thousands (in FR, 300-3FF and 900 up are free) of free flags.
2. Don't think so.
3. Preset, but you can edit them by using APE.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Well I have one question whose answer I could not find anywhere. I'm hacking Pokémon Gold a little bit, just changing the wild Pokémon data with Goldmap and sometimes Megamap. But for some maps, there is no wild Pokémon data attached to them, even if they have wild Pokémon data in the real game (e.g. Victory Road). How can I change/add this? I'm no pro at scripting or hex editors, but I'm willing to learn it if that's gonna help.
Thnx for any replys.
Yes, using a hex editor is one of the better ways to edit Pokémon Gold.

Wild Pokémon encounters are located beginning at offset 0x02AB35 in Gold. Each entry is forty‐seven bytes long, patterned as follows:
  • Two bytes for the map number (here is a list of map numbers for Crystal; they differ for Gold, but only slightly)
  • Three bytes for the encounter rates for morning, day, and night (a higher number means Pokémon will appear in fewer steps)
  • Fourteen bytes of Pokémon data for each time of day, two bytes per Pokémon (first is level, second is species)

For instance, the first entry in the list:
03 02 // Sprout Tower 2F
05 05 05 // low encounter rates
03 13 04 13 05 13 03 13 06 13 05 13 05 13 // morning: level 3–5 Rattatas
03 13 04 13 05 13 03 13 06 13 05 13 05 13 // daytime: same Pokémon appear as in the morning
03 5C 04 5C 05 5C 03 13 06 5C 05 13 05 13 // at night you can see Gastlys

I don't know the map number for Victory Road in Gold, but you can get the map number for any map in Gold/Silver by going to memory location D044–D045 in VBA's memory viewer.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Use a patching tool.

For example, with IPS, you click "create patch" and work from there. With UPS, you get a UPS patching device. It works the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back