• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SapphireKingdra's Artwork

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Alright, I've been spriting on and off for a few years now. I'm a little rusty, but here goes.

KingdraDraft-2.gif

Kingdra based on the Sugimori artwork for HeartGold and SoulSilver. Sprite form.

JoshuaTrainer.gif

V.1 My personal trainer representative, using bits of Falkner, Jasmine, Misty, and Silver (and minor custom edits to hair and clothing).

Joshua3.gif

V.2

SKTrainer.gif

V.1 Same V.1 as above, just as a battle pose. I used the same people and did little custom work (What can I say? Silver's clothing design was perfect for me!)

Josh.gif

V.2

SapphireKingdra-1.gif
SapphireKingdra2-1.gif

Signature I made using the above sprites.

On to some older stuff... (Just a note, this was pre-Gen IV, so it's pretty old. I hadn't even started spriting until the beginning of Gen III)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Well thanks, and I'll see what I can do about the eye. ;)

Here's a preview on my latest. I haven't finished yet, but I'm planning on unveiling my SoulSilver team through pixel-overs.
Preview.gif

EDIT: Is this any better? I'm not sure what you meant on the eyes other than a few loose pixels. I've also edited the one in my first post to match this one.
KingdraDraft-2.gif

Last edited:

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
The trainer representative is really quite pro, nicely done. It may just be because I'm still unfamiliar with the shiny new HG/SS sprites, but it was hard for me to notice that you reused pieces from existing stuff and that says alot about your talent.

The maps seem a bit stale, but I'm willing to bet that it's simply due to the unexciting style of Gen II and III. Compared to the new stuff the maps look boring, but I'm sure they'd fit in with older stuff.

Espeon's shading is really impressive.

Hope to see more from you. Always good to see fresh talent around here.

Last edited:

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Your personal trainer is my favorite so far; the color combination and hairstyle seem to match perfectly well.
Awesome, thank you so much. I appreciate it. :) When the VS sprites came out, it was something I had to do. Mugs are easier to do for me because I sprite Fire Emblem mugs quite often (or at least had in the past). For example:

Leonardo.gif
This was a custom mug I made about 2 years ago.

So faces come a little easier to me than other things.

@T3h Kaiser: Thanks much for your comments, I appreciate it. I know I'm still rusty (I haven't really sprited in a while before yesterday, actually...). And the maps are pretty horrid, if you ask me. :P I am definitely NOT good with maps.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Awesome, thank you so much. I appreciate it. :) When the VS sprites came out, it was something I had to do. Mugs are easier to do for me because I sprite Fire Emblem mugs quite often (or at least had in the past). For example:

Leonardo.gif
This was a custom mug I made about 2 years ago.

this is totally awesome, great job with this one
Yea and the eye looks a whole lot better, its good that you made the eye more brighter

:t354:TG

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
this is totally awesome, great job with this one
Yea and the eye looks a whole lot better, its good that you made the eye more brighter

Cool, thanks so much for the nice comments. When I have time, I'll finish the Espeon pixel-over.

EDIT: Finished this for World King...
SoFar-1.gif

Last edited:

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Gotcha, just the thumb and the nose. ;) I'll work on it when I get time.

EDIT:
SoFar.gif

Done

Last edited:

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
Years
Wow, everything is so awesome! I really like the VS. sprite you did as well as battle pose. If you dont mind though, I'm going to critisize on some of the older things, gyms to be specific, if you dont mind. If you do just ignore everything below this part. xD

Violet Gym: Weeell walls look very weird to be honest, I think it'd be better if they were dark blue or something, to match the rest of the gym. Also, the floor tiles, I like what you've done with it, but the part where it goes from normal to black doesnt really match with it...
Azela Gym: Outline of Tree is missing it looks like and green shadow under is slightly odd. Also maybe the grass should be darker.

Hope I wasnt being picky or anything, just trying to help. But, what I critisized was old as you said, and you have gotten better, but thought I should critisize anyway. The redone Johto Gym Leaders look great though.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Wow, everything is so awesome! I really like the VS. sprite you did as well as battle pose. If you dont mind though, I'm going to critisize on some of the older things, gyms to be specific, if you dont mind. If you do just ignore everything below this part. xD

Violet Gym: Weeell walls look very weird to be honest, I think it'd be better if they were dark blue or something, to match the rest of the gym. Also, the floor tiles, I like what you've done with it, but the part where it goes from normal to black doesnt really match with it...
Azela Gym: Outline of Tree is missing it looks like and green shadow under is slightly odd. Also maybe the grass should be darker.

Hope I wasnt being picky or anything, just trying to help. But, what I critisized was old as you said, and you have gotten better, but thought I should critisize anyway. The redone Johto Gym Leaders look great though.
Yeah, I'm horrible with tiles, anyway, so it's all good. And that was what, 2005? Yeah. It was FR/LG era that I did that, so there. :P

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
Years
Yeah, I'm horrible with tiles, anyway, so it's all good. And that was what, 2005? Yeah. It was FR/LG era that I did that, so there. :P
Better then what I can do, I can revamp and highly edit but I can never make 100% custom things. I really like the in battle sprite though, you should make more then one pose so it's more gym leader like. xD

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Better then what I can do, I can revamp and highly edit but I can never make 100% custom things. I really like the in battle sprite though, you should make more then one pose so it's more gym leader like. xD
Funny, I was just thinking about doing that. :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
It would of been so much cooler if you gave the guy white and black hair like that lady from 101 and 102 Dalmatians (forgot her name lol) but either way this is really good

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
It would of been so much cooler if you gave the guy white and black hair like that lady from 101 and 102 Dalmatians (forgot her name lol) but either way this is really good

You mean like Cruela de Ville?

And what exactly do you mean?

EDIT: Finished Espeon
Espeon.gif

Last edited:

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Holy....these are amazing! You have talent. The espeon and kingdra look fantastic! I'd love to see Lugia and Ho-oh in sprite form.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Holy....these are amazing! You have talent. The espeon and kingdra look fantastic! I'd love to see Lugia and Ho-oh in sprite form.
After I finish Pigeot, Ninetales, Roserade, and Absol, I'll do those. :)

Years
Very interesting pixel work, although you more or less took the official artwork of Pokémon and converted them to pixel art, I do see your effort. The tiles I'm not too sure about, seems to me that you could have been able to tweak them up to your current skill standard, maybe even revamp your maps to something more fresh and unconventional. Either way, keep it up.

Back