• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[3D] Pokemon Axis Project - Working Title

Magicsaur

Code Hero
Years
PROJECT
AXIS_LOGO.png

[Working Title]

Progress

Estimated at 1%

Battle engine with rudimentary AI is being programmed.

Introduction
Hello, I'm Magicsaur, and I'm new to this place. I'm a bored self-taught programmer artist animator, and I'm interested in all the fangame projects around here, so I'm joining in with my own. C:

Project Axis is a simple 3D Pokemon fangame project I am creating by myself in some of my free time. I will use this thread to post development screenshots and progress on my little fangame.

Developed With
3D Rendering - Ogre3D Rendering Engine
Core Game - C++
User Interface - Flash CS4 & ActionScript 3
Flash UI Rendering - Hikari Library
Art - GIMP
Models & Animation - Blender 3d

Basic Story/Premises
[Work In Progress]
Axis takes place in Kanto, five years after the events of Black and White. Various new species of Pokemon have been discovered in distant lands and have either been brought or have migrated to Kanto, where some have proliferated and spread throughout the region. Some of these new Pokemon have disrupted the natural ecosystems of the native Kanto Pokemon, causing changes in this world.

You are the child of a scientist who is studying the effects of climate change on Kanto, at the respectable Pewter Museum of Science. Living in Viridian City, you are 16 years old, and still have not yet received a Pokemon.

One day, a Pokemon-related crisis occurs at Pewter Museum, where you are currently visiting. Attempting to help, you grab one of three different starter Pokemon, which happened to be sitting in the lab. To your astonishment, this is not your typical Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle as you thought, it's a highly classified new Pokemon. You fight off the crisis, demonstrating your skill as a Pokemon trainer. Thanks to your skills, before you know it, you are sent off by the Pewter Museum with this new Pokemon to travel throughout Kanto, in order to discover the cause behind Kanto's climate changes and strange Pokemon migrations.

Development Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits
Magicsaur - All programming/scripting, user interface, 3D modeling, animation, everything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
Very Very Very great.

What I don't get.

Black/White is in Unova(New York).
How does that tie with Kanto?

Are the tilesets going to also be 3D?

Magicsaur

Code Hero
Years
Thanks!

Just because Unova is a new region doesn't meant that Kanto ceases to exist.

Everything is 3d, meaning game world and characters. I use textures, if that's what you mean by tilesets. :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmm... This is a awesome project :)
The fact your making it all in 3D makes me think it is going to take an awful lot of time (attarcting point for spammers -_-'')
But It seems something i would play. :)
Good work.
~Nintendork15

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
That Venusaur in your signature. If that's in game, it will be my favourite Pokemon.
Looks awesome so far.

Can I ask if you plan to animate attacks, and Pokemon reactions to getting attacked/hit with status?

Atomic Reactor

The story sound interesting, and the models are fantastic. I can't wait to see some in game screenshots :)
Keep it up :)

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
How long does it typically take to model each Pokemon? Seems like an interesting project. I will check back every so often.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
The models look great, except feraligatr. It's structure just... Bugs me...

Magicsaur

Code Hero
Years
That Venusaur in your signature. If that's in game, it will be my favourite Pokemon.
Looks awesome so far.

Can I ask if you plan to animate attacks, and Pokemon reactions to getting attacked/hit with status?
Thanks!

Each pokemon will have a standard special attack animation, an attack animation, a critical hit animation, and a hit animation. Occasionally i might throw in an animation for a particular move.

How long does it typically take to model each Pokemon? Seems like an interesting project. I will check back every so often.
It depends on the complexity of the pokemon, so it can take anywhere from one hour to four hours to do the model.

The models look great, except feraligatr. It's structure just... Bugs me...
i think it's too skinny! i'll fix that. c:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I think the problem with Feraligatr is the arms, the look very short. Other than that the models look great to me, keep up the good work.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
So is this actually going to be some sort of battle arena type thing like Colluseum or do you intend to make it into an actual game? Modeled buildings, trainers, etc?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Wow, thoes models look awesome. Looks like a really unique project, don't see much 3D fangames.

Love the high(er) resolution battle UI(since most fangames are low res, it's really noticible).

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'm keeping tabs on this. I like the storyline and I think what you're doing is unique and great! How's the hero going to look?

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
Wow

That's the best word to describe this project.
I wish you the best of luck, this project looks hard to make and if you succeed you will be a HERO. ^.^
The Pokemon look amazing, it would actually be fun battling such well drawn Pokemon.
'Idea: we could customize how the hero looks or something, that would also be a first..'
Can't wait to see more screens/Videos in the near future..:)

~Kian~

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Wow, this looks amazing! The story, the everything.. Wow.

I'm sorry if this is off topic.. But are you one of the people who are working and modeling Arokai? Because your models look EXACTLY like Superfeesh's!

Magicsaur

Code Hero
Years
Thanks! C:

@Spira: Game!

@Evil Arms: I, ah, haven't gotten to that part yet. I'm just programming the battle engine right now XD I should have some screenshots of that up really soon.

@Hooh64: Am I really THAT obvious? O____O

Well, you got me. I am Superfeesh of Arokai, but, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, please. xD Just call me Magicsaur here.

Back