• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMXP Essentials animation HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Hello all, I have a question about RMXP (pokemon essentials), I am currently trying to animate a fountian image that is found in Platinum (image link at bottom) but I just dont know how to go about doing it, or rather I know how to put the images into RMXP but I dont really understand what to do from there. Hope I dont seem dumb asking this one...kind of new on the whole animation deal, thanks to anyone that can help!

(Image link: Fountain in bottom left hand corner http://imageshack.us/f/170/tilesetxy5.png/)

Riansky

Purr
Years
Hello all, I have a question about RMXP (pokemon essentials), I am currently trying to animate a fountian image that is found in Platinum (image link at bottom) but I just dont know how to go about doing it, or rather I know how to put the images into RMXP but I dont really understand what to do from there. Hope I dont seem dumb asking this one...kind of new on the whole animation deal, thanks to anyone that can help!

(Image link: Fountain in bottom left hand corner http://imageshack.us/f/170/tilesetxy5.png/)
One way to do this is with autotiles I think. You need to put animations in order and ther resize them and put them into autotiles folder of your game.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
You can make an autotile for it or an overworld and checks the "Stop Animation" and "Direction Fix" checkboxes, I prefer the overworld way.
If you wish, you can make a test with the FrLg Celadon Fountain attached (for size reasons I remove one frame), but above the default on tileset.
Maybe is a great addition on Essentials Sample Maps.

Attachments

• font.png
    font.png
    2 KB · Views: 24
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Thanks! I Got it figured out, through overworld sprites, because autotiles still kind of conufuse me...hahaha. One more question though...is there a way to make a 5 framed animation or it it just limited to four?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Autotiles can have as many frames as you want, but must be exactly 1 tile in size (unless you're very clever). Auto-animating events ("overworlds") can have graphics as large as you want, but are limited to exactly 4 frames.

It's up to you which one you prefer. I tend to prefer auto-animating events, except in cases where it would use a lot of events. Not that I've done much mapping, though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well this thread should have been posted in this section. For all future Essentials related questions, post them there. And given that you got your answer, I'm going to close this.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back