• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spin-Offs

D Dog master of war

In the heart of battle!
Years
I don't care about spin-off's. Only ones I care about is the PMD series. I want a both game system one. One is on the Wii U( better looking game thats all. And it has co-op)

And one for 3DS. The newest one was a BIG let down. It was a watered down PMD. It had a super short story. Short number of dungeons(PMD is known for its lastability). A REALLY SHORT NUMBER OF POKEMON! NNNNOOOO!

We really need a good new one.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Pokemon Contest 2 seems likely since Tecmo Koei are hinting at it being made . I personally want to see Snap U, a gen VI sequel to PMD, a new Ranger game cause it doesn't seem there's gonna be a Ranger sequel for Gen V sadly. I wouldn't mind a Pokemon Pinball: X and Y or just a reboot for Pinball on 3DS, that would work wonderfully.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
I hate to admit it but all the spin-off games have been going downhill since generation IV. Conquest was the last good one. PMD: Gates to Infinity was awful in my opinion and I will not be buying any more games in the series unless they revert to the old ways. I prefer the hunger system, I prefer the personality test to pick your pokemon and I prefer having all the Pokemon to date to be in the game.

On to Pokemon Ranger. I think we can expect a new one, but it won't be as good as even Guardian Signs. The key factor to drive sales for the series was the ability to get event Pokemon like Manaphy. With DLC and spotpass, this is obsolete. If one is released, it is likely to be the last.

Pokemon Pinball... Please, now, I will buy it.

Pokemon Snap... Not a chance. The gimmick of being able to use a camera is lost. There is no chance it will sell as well as the original.

Trozei-Would buy, trozei was a fun game. Not sure how other people felt about it but I liked it.

Stadium Brawler-This. This is needed. Battle Revolution was great, another game like this, or like stadium would be great.

XD-Possibly, only because of fan demand and the possibility of expanding now three generations of Pokemon into Orre.

Conquest-No, only because any sequel will be a let down.

Rumble-Rumble U will include Gen VI Pokemon via update.

Pokepark-I'd prefer Pokemon Channel 2... Take that as you will.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Stadium Brawler-This. This is needed. Battle Revolution was great, another game like this, or like stadium would be great.

Being honest I can't see it being a first on the list for spinoffs merely because of the fact that the 3DS battling system already looks like a Stadium game in terms of pokemon movements and their reactions to moves.

Hawk.

The Hawist
Years
  • Age 29
  • PA
  • Seen May 19, 2016
A new Pokemon Conquest game is what I'm looking forward to. Now that Fairy Type has been confirmed.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
A new mystery dungeon, ranger, and hopefully an entirely new spin-off series. It would be interesting to see if they could come up with one.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Rumble Blast X Mystery Dungeon X Main series

Travel along the world with your Pokemon, battle in real-time... idk why mystery dungeon is there, but i put it anyway :D

Other than that, (doesn't need to be titled "conquest") I'd like another pokemon SRPG. Hopefully, one with more depth.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
We really need a new PMD, but then with all Pokemon from gen 1 to gen 6, a good storyline, an epic final boss (not something like Darkrai in Time/Darkness/Sky), a good chunk of post-game content, and unlimited storage space.

A second Pokemon Conquest would be great as well. However, it should also contain Pokemon that have been left out in the first one, like Feraligatr, Omastar, Kabutops, Reuniclus, Exeggutor, and Gliscor.

I also loved the Pokemon Ranger games, the third one being my favourite. I hope the fourth one will be better than the third! Or at least better than the first one.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
1. A darker RPG in the vein of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness would be mind blowing. It could be a return to Orre, or perhaps a new region, but I really liked this style of play. I know the main series has become a lot more plot heavy as of late, but I like the idea of not having to collect badges and challenge the Elite Four. Even something with mission-based gameplay would be cool.

2. Pokemon Conquest 2.... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I loved the idea of humans an Pokemon taking the field together (even if the humans didn't actually fight) without just giving orders on the sidelines. I would love if a sequel had more open gameplay, with more Pokemon to choose from and not limiting them to just one attack. Still, this game was a masterpiece.

3. Pokemon Snap 2: Not likely since there hasn't been one in ages, but that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

4. Ranger / Mystery Dungeon: I was never crazy about either, but they provided some fun and helped pass the time while I waited for other games to come out :7:

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Well, I do have a list of spinoffs I wouldn't mind having, but there are a few that I am CRAVING to have and play.

A game that is similar to Colosseum/XD is #1 on my list! I don't care if it's Genius Sonority or a different company that wants to make this, I just want to play something like this again! These games were played differently, which I liked. The plot was much better than almost all(if not, all) of the handheld games IMO, and the games had a slightly higher difficulty curve, which is much appreciated for someone like me. They haven't done this since the 3rd generation, and now that the Pokemon count has doubled, I'd like to see this happen someday. Hell, it could even take place somewhere else, not involving Orre, just bring this back!

Pokemon Snap 2 for the 3DS/Wii U is pretty much #2 on my list. I've always loved playing Snap on the N64, and the way it was presented. Although I don't care for games with backtracking, Snap did it right. I'm tightening up my nostalgia goggles here, hoping to see this game come back again looking beautiful on a modern console.

PMD and Ranger were fun back then, but I'm just not too crazy for these spin-offs anymore, so I could care less if they came back. Conquest was great, it brought something new to the table, which is always appreciated. However, I can wait quite a long time for this to be made again, if ever. It seems like a standalone kind of Pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series actually.

Turning into a Pokemon and saving both worlds are a bit cliche,

but you gotta admit those little pixel characters could make one tear up.

I wish the developers could tone down or possibly not include any 'NintendoHard'.

I'd also like to see any Fairy-type acting as main antagonist.

Spoiler:

Back