• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, well, let's pull some strings and suddenly mod you too and then we can all spazz out and have a RPC party in the mod hangout!

OKAY in other news, I was planning a Johto RP for whenever me moving and stuff calms down, but seeing as two journey like Johto RPs popped up recently and there is another one active already (maybe?) I guess I'd better change region :p Unova, maybe?

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
A Unova journey would be nice. Especially if we could use the locations from BLK2. ^^ Another nice location would be Hoenn, you don't see too many Hoenn based RPs. Do you have any ideas for the story? Or is that top secret?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think there are quite a lot of Hoenn RPs actually? Or have been at least. Unova has seen a few but I think Sinnoh is the least used region for RPs, at least journey like ones. Unfortunately I don't know Sinnoh well :>

Yes, I have plot and stuff thought out and the first post written haha. I love to write up first posts and think up plots and mechanics and backgrounds. It's a thing I do when I'm bored, I guess. I'll probably use Unova then. But it'll be a while, I'll try to make a comeback in the RPs I'm currently in first!

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Most of the RPs I have seen featured mainly Kanto or Johto or a new region. I have seen a few Unova and Hoenn, and no Sinnoh. I just suggested Hoenn cause it is my favorite. X3 Anyways, you do good RPs, so if you make it I will probably take a look at it and maybe even join. I've been trying to make a come back myself honestly :)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I would certainly join if you would make a journey RP, RHCP. :)

Hahaha, no, I would rather not be suddenly re-modded; although, it would be fun to have a party in the mod-hangout.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
yeah red!! you make the best journey roleplays!!! i miss MAO... ):

but yeah, im looking forward to some pokemon goodness from you ;)

Years
Personally Sinnoh is my favourite region and I think it would be the most interesting to work with, as well as one of the easiest to change starting locations and orders in.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I joined EliteBeats' RP instead! lolol

Also, if you by "adventure" mean journey like RPs that are similar to the games, there is a whole category in the library dedicated to those.

Years
I remember PinkSapphire asking earlier but I don't think she got a response.

Does anybody know when the next RPA's will be? Or even if there will be any more? I only ask because there are a lot of people I'd like to see getting some sort of recognition for their amazing skills when it comes to RPing.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I remember PinkSapphire asking earlier but I don't think she got a response.

Does anybody know when the next RPA's will be? Or even if there will be any more? I only ask because there are a lot of people I'd like to see getting some sort of recognition for their amazing skills when it comes to RPing.

We skipped the last quarter's RPAs because of the difficulty to do them during the final month or so of school for a lot of people, plus the reduced activity. It'll likely pick it back up next time around.

Although, since summer is around this time (for all you northern hemisphere guys and gals), last year we made a Roleplay event called the Roleplay Olympics (RPOs). If enough people would be interested in seeing it return, I could recreate the event, giving everyone more time to work on it ahead of time, and make new and better categories. Last year was a trial run, so this time we would be more prepared, and it could run a lot smoother.

Let me know

-SV

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I would personally like to see the Awards return, there are quite a few categories I'd like to nominate people for. It's nice that even if you don't win an award, a nomination means someone really admires what you're doing. It's a great confidence boost and a goal to strive for.

Years
I have to agree with Synthet, I would personally prefer to see the return of the awards but this might just be because I don't quite get what these "RP Olympics" are.

Could you explain them? Perhaps you can change my mind (not that my opinion counts for much anyway).

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
We skipped the last quarter's RPAs because of the difficulty to do them during the final month or so of school for a lot of people, plus the reduced activity. It'll likely pick it back up next time around.

Although, since summer is around this time (for all you northern hemisphere guys and gals), last year we made a Roleplay event called the Roleplay Olympics (RPOs). If enough people would be interested in seeing it return, I could recreate the event, giving everyone more time to work on it ahead of time, and make new and better categories. Last year was a trial run, so this time we would be more prepared, and it could run a lot smoother.

Let me know

-SV

I for one would like to see the RPOs return. They were fun, and not really about winningbanything and just writing cool posts for different prompts

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
You guys Supervegeta is just saying is that the RPAs were skipped this one quarter they're not getting rid of them all together and replacing them with the RPO. He's just wondering if you would be interested in the RPO, the RPAs aren't going anywhere for now. It's not an either/or situation. The next quarter, so next RPAs, (I believe) is November.

If you aren't familiar with the RPO, this is the thread from last year. There are a number of events that you participate in (you can chose which ones) and there are judges that score them as well (so if you don't want to participate in the actual events you can still judge). It's a really fun event, where people put out some of their best pieces of work.

Last edited:
Reactions: SV
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, the RPOs were good fun! I had some good ideas to maybe make them this time around more RP-like and less fan-fiction-like.

Of course, activity is something that we heavily rely upon to make the RPA/RPOs work, as well as suggestions and help from our community! So, if you have any ideas, please let me or Supervegeta know!

If you guys are interested enough, it might be a good idea to start threading together some organisers!!

Reactions: SV
Years
Actually the RPO's don't look half bad - can we judge some events and compete in others? Or do we have to do one or the other?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Actually the RPO's don't look half bad - can we judge some events and compete in others? Or do we have to do one or the other?

You can do both, although obviously not for the same event.

I know that I judged a couple of a events last year and competed in some different ones. I think it's a great event, however (like Skymin said) we could do with making it more roleplay and less fanfiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back