• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So I am here finally fully excited. Started playing HeartGold yesterday. Currently at Ecruteak city ;
Not much excitement or any thing special but I made a final 5 team before reaching Ecruteak.. Used Three cheats to get Dratini, Riolu and Mudkip in Azalea town... Picked up Cyndaquil as a starter and caught a Mareep along the way. The current team is as of this moment:

Lv 18 Dratini
Lv 20 Quilava
Lv 19 Flaafy
Lv 18 Riolu
Lv 18 Marshtomp
Lv 20 Sudowoodo (HM Slave)

Didn't tried the Bug catching Contest or that Pokeathlon yet. Will do after the main story

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Holy crap, building a decent team in the Sinnoh games is hard. All of the Pokémon I want to use require items, trade, or, even worse, trade with items to fully evolve. You can build a decent team without these kinds of Pokémon but the things available, especially in Diamond and Pearl, aren't to my taste.

Right now in my Platinum I planned a team of Infernape, Roserade, Magnezone, Yanmega and Mamoswine, just need a Water-type to counter my horrible weakness to Fire, but the options are meh... My wildcards in situations like these are Gyarados and Vaporeon, which are themselves very competent indeed, but I wanted to use something different this time.

Maybe I replace Mamoswine with Quagsire and add Weavile as the final member of the team, but good lord, I'm really having to use things I'd never even thought I'd use before. Yanma and Quagsire, lol. but it's all cool, they're Johto Pokémon at heart and Johto is my favorite region.

Anyway, the journal... Currently going to face Roark with Monferno, and Monferno only.

Last edited:
Years
July 11th:
So yesterday I played from that part where I left off in HeartGold... Didn't battled Morty yet. Instead I came back to GoldenRod, picked Eevee from Bill's House and went south to get a Ditto. After about 13th try I finally encountered it. Man he was just Lv 10 but It cost me 3 Great Balls, 2 PokeBalls and finally 2 Ultra Balls to catch it.. Gave it and Eevee to breed in the center and got some snaps from that Photo Guy. Went back to Ecruteak currently.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
If you're a masochist, here's a challenge for you: catch a Yanma at the Great Marsh. Yanma has a low catch rate AND a high flee rate. Mud balls don't seem to work. After much frustration and an hour of failed attempts, I got one, finally. And three Barboaches. And I realized all three Barboaches suck, since the only one with Anticipation is Timid. Argh.

Current status before challenging Crasher Wake:

Infernape L45
Roselia L42
Yanma L27

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haven't been on here in ages...anyway, I've got a lot further in the game - stood by the Psyduck contemplating feeding them Secretpotion now:

Spr_4d_391.png

Monferno
lv.33
Dig / Nasty Plot / Fire Blast / Rock Smash

Finally evolved him.

Spr_4p_405_m.png

Luxray
lv.31
Shock Wave / Roar / Charge / Bite

Evolved him ASAP because I needed more power on Shock Wave to beat Wake.

Spr_4p_490.png

Manaphy
lv.30
Tail Glow / Brine / Supersonic / Charm

Finally not the strongest in every stat, still not been KO'd though :)

Spr_4h_198_m.png

Murkrow
lv.29
Fly / Steel Wing / Thief / Haze

Spr_4p_408.png

Cranidos
lv.26
Rock Tomb / Assurance / Take Down / Scary Face

I've figured this may be one of the last times I play Diamond, so I'm trying out this guy. Enjoying the ridiculous attack stat very much - unlike Roark, I can keep him away from water-types.

Spr_4p_440.png

Happiny
lv.7
Pound / Charm / Drain Punch / Copycat

Similar premise as using Cranidos, except even with Drain Punch it struggles against a level 3 Bidoof due to awful physical stats (Lonely nature doesn't help defensively). Waiting until Cranidos gets about equal with my other team members, then I'll start working on her. Currently ranking No.1 on my list of pokémon most likely to be swapped out for Dialga or another pokémon I capture later on.

Years
July 16th:
Well started playing HeartGold again after a pause. The Daycare finally got an Eevee Egg for me when I gave them a Ditto and Eevee. I just picked it up and stored it in PC for the future. Went back to Ecruteak, finally beated Morty's team. Actually that Gengar was not tough at all.... Left the city from the West.. Beated the tariners there, fed an Oran Berry to that sick Miltank. Arrived at Olivine, beated all the trainers in light house. Preparing for the sea route to Cianwood.. Thought for a while to teach Surf to either Marshtomp or dratini and decided Marshtomp is a better option.. Just in the sea and beated 5 Swimmers in it. Finally 1st Final evolution came in the form of Ampharos.

Current Team so far:
Lv 30 (LAX) Ampharos : Tackle, Thunder Punch, Thunder Shock, Thunder wave
Lv 31 (NAIVE) Marshtomp : Surf, Mud Shot , Mud Bomb , Water Gun
Lv 26 (Quirky) Dratini : Dragon Rage, Twister, Thunder Wave, Slam
Lv 23 (Bashful) Riolu : Quick Attack, Force Palm, Counter, Reversal
Lv 31 (Hardy) Quilava : Flame Wheel, Ember, Smoke screen, Swift

Years
Jul 22nd:
I think I should write the next part of my general. I hope this post is not removed as I am sort of double posting..
So finally crossed sea and reached and arrived at Cianwood. Healed in the center , went north did that Suicune event , battled Eusine of course (whose Haunter became a headache for me to my surprise with it's hypnosis and dream eater.. Man I never thought he would be such a headache. haa haa haa..). Also did the other necessities in Cianwood. Battled Cianwood Gym trainers first with my underleveled Lv 22 Riolu and thanks to it's Counter it defeated them all. But I knew I had to train more before facing Chuck as I did not had any Flying or Psychic type in my team. So I used some cheats and grew my whole team to Lv 33+. Defeated Chuck. Crossed the sea, gave Amphy the medicine and then Defeated Jasmine easily to my surprise. Boy I thought her Steelix would be tough but sadily it was not.. I then trvalled towards Mahogany town. But first went back to Goldenrod to collect my Egg. Got the Day care Man's number. Went back and explored the available part of Mt. Ember. Arrived at Mahogany, Got a Rage Candy Bar, went north to complete the Lake of Rage event and battling trainers along the way. Captured it after throwing two Ultra Balls at it and went back to Mahogany to kick some Rocket Butt now. Currently inside the Rocket HeadQuarters with following team.
Lv 34 Marshtomp
Lv 35 Ampharos
Lv 35 Riolu
Lv 34 Dragonair
Lv 34 Quilava

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Made much progress in the last week. Just saved bang on 29:00 on Route 216. Anyway, here's the team:

Spr_4d_242.png

Blissey
lv.36
Toxic / Softboiled / Drain Punch / Refresh

Very much a love/hate relationship with Blissey at the moment. On the one hand, she's great for capturing pokémon (three turns of Toxic and I start throwing pokéballs, whilst Softboiled replenishes hp and Refresh is used to waste turns), and the likes of Kadabra can't touch her. On the other hand, she's awful in battles as nobody in-game uses a "special sweeper" the way competitive players do. A defence stat of 18 and attack of 19 means she can't take a hit, and can't give out one with Drain Punch either.

Spr_4d_490.png

lv.36
Tail Glow / Shadow Ball / Brine / Surf

Still my most reliable battler (shocker). Never been KO'd due to its bulk, helpful now I seem to somehow have become weaker than trainers for the first time since 2009.

Spr_4d_198_m.png

lv.35
Fly / Steel Wing / Faint Attack / Defog

Defog literally just added because of that annoying bit in Mt. Coronet xD. Little else to say really.

Spr_4d_391.png

lv.36
Dig / Nasty Plot / Flamethrower / Rock Smash

Recently got beat up by a lv.37 Lopunny, didn't even land a hit. Other than that, doing good. Not evolving to lv.50 if I can help it, but meh. May get bored by lv.40

Spr_4d_405_m.png

lv.37
Shock Wave / Strength / Charge / Crunch

That last evolution helped no end. Now he's got bulk, plus Intimidate and Charge to supplement it, he's mr. reliable in the team. Shock Wave leaves something to be desired against non-weak pokémon if I don't use Charge though.

Spr_4d_409.png

lv.37
Rock Tomb / Zen Headbutt / Headbutt / Rock Polish

Just love using this guy so much. That attack is just awesome, and now I found tm69 (Rock Polish) he's truly lethal - the Blissey-like problem of being slow and frail is now cured by being fast and frail after one turn (nothing ever seems to OHKO it as Machoke are the only opponents strong enough, and he outpaces them anyway).

Years
July 24th:
So after resting for one day I decided to carry on the game progress. So, I went inside Rocket Headquarters, defeated every lazy Rocket Bum. Got on the next part where you have to defeat Petrel and how that funny little Murkrow screams the password. Oh well finished the Mahogany Rocket event and headed to battle Pryce with so much ease that I was quite surprised myself because i heard from a walk through that his pokes are tough. Oh well went back to Goldenrod after his defeat for Rocket business. Finished sweeping every one of them and quite enjoyed defeating the admins especially and how when I was supposed to climb the tower to defeat their leader. Also I got at least 6 eevee Eggs thanks to my pokes fast breeding. hee hee hee. I then biked all the way back to Mahogany due to the fact that I still had no flying type at that time. My dragonair was still at Lv 38. Battled trainers and then went inside Ice cave to cross the area. Arrived Blackthorn, went to Gym and defeated it too. Had to use some Rare Candies first to match against Clair's Kingdra especially.
Current team:
vni0rc.png

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
I decided to start a new file in my copy of Platinum. Currently, I'm training a few hatchlings around Jubilife City to prepare for my second rival battle.

Player name: Aya

Roster:

Spr_4p_387.png

Sam the Turtwig (Adamant male, Lv. 10)
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb

My starter. I have never really played through DPPt with Turtwig as my starter, so what better time than now?

Spr_4p_215_m.png

Sora the Sneasal (Jolly male, Lv. 3)
-Scratch
-Leer
-Taunt
-Assist

Sora is the first hatchling that I traded over. I had to breed Assist onto his moveset in Soul Silver after a series of back-and-forth trades between my Diamond and Platinum versions. While that egg move in question isn't too much to write home about at the moment, it'll certainly get more interesting as my team grows.

Spr_4p_490.png

Sylvia the Manaphy (Timid nature, Lv. 1)
-Tail Glow
-Bubble
-Water Sport

Up until an hour ago, my entire team (Sam and Sora) were weak to both Bug and Fire types. I went through my options for a Water-type team member, and I remembered something: my Manaphy egg was continuing to rot my old copy of the original Pokemon Ranger! So, I decided to transfer the egg over and hatch it. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Literally just this minute caught Dialga, in a Dusk Ball - 1 thrown, 1 capture :D
Monferno hit it with Dig, Luxray with a Shock Wave (lowering the attack and causing it to use Roar of Time was probably more useful), then Manaphy hit it with 4 Surfs. I thought for sure the last one had KO'd it, I bet if I had only 5 team members Dialga would only have 1hp left.

Spr_4d_242.png

Blissey
lv.39
Toxic / Softboiled / Egg Bomb / Refresh

Spr_4d_490.png

lv.41
Tail Glow / Shadow Ball / Brine / Surf

Spr_4p_430.png

lv.42
Fly / Steel Wing / Faint Attack

Spr_4d_391.png

lv.44
Dig / Nasty Plot / Flamethrower / Rock Smash

Spr_4d_405_m.png

lv.41
Shock Wave / Strength / Charge / Crunch

Spr_4d_409.png

lv.40
Rock Tomb / Zen Headbutt / Rock Climb / Rock Polish

Now to check whether Dialga's worth being in my team, then capture the Lake Trio. One of those 4 is replacing Blissey temporarily.

EDIT (2/08/13): So yesterday (just noticed its passed midnight) I went out and captured the Lake Trio - saved the Master Ball for Mesprit, managed to catch it on Route 202. Undecided as to which legendary I'm going to add to the team:

Spr_4d_480.png

Rash nature
Spr_4d_481.png

Jolly nature
Spr_4d_482.png

Adamant nature
Spr_4d_483.png

Gentle nature

Natures aren't really bothering me too much - it's not like there's a battle frontier in Diamond. It's more a matter of - never used Uxie and Mesprit, haven't used Dialga in years and Azelf since my first save file.

EDIT: Worked out their IVs. Uxie: 21/25/21/21/17/20 Mesprit: 26/8/16/21/2/12 Azelf: 8/0/8/24/18/10 Dialga: 3/1/26/16/7/21
Also discovered the Jolly Gible I captured had 24atk and 28spe IVs. Doubt I'll get any offers if I put it up for trade on here, but who knows...
Ironically out of the legends Uxie, the one I'd be least likely to use, is the least bad. So, still undecided.

FINAL EDIT: Decided on Mesprit. Uxie does something terrible to anyone who looks into its eyes, Dialga nearly ended time last time it was out of a pokéball, and Azelf...well, he was boring and waited for me in the cave instead of legging it like Mesprit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Finally, hopefully, going to do a playthrough of Heart Gold.

This is my third time starting it. I've gotten bored and distracted both times I've tried it before and ended up playing something else.

This one seems to be off to a good start though. I did Sprout Tower and beat Falkner's gym last night, then this morning I decided to go down onto Route 32 and check the grass out - see what there was to catch and do a bit of grinding. And the very first thing I encountered was a shiny Rattata.

I'm not a big fan of Rattata, but that's the first shiny I've caught in a few months now - the last was an Audino in B2.

And then my Togepi hatched and it's Modest and Serene Grace, so I'm off to a pretty good start.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Oops, yeah just realised I posted something earlier in the complete wrong section. xD

Anyway, yeah, was tag teaming with Mira, found a shiny Zubat aaaaaaaaand she killed it. :c First time anything like that has happened (this was my 4th shiny encounter and my last three went off without a hitch.) I guess I'm lucky but still, sad times. :c On the other hand, I did get PokeRus the say before so I guess it's not all bad. ^^'

Current Team:
Neptune the Prinplup
Venus the Roselia
Jupiter the Togegetic
Saturn the Kirlia

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Ah... let's see.

Currently turning circles in the National Park, grinding a bunch of stuff before I go on to Ecruteak, since I'm a bit underleveled for the trainers and the Stantlers along the way.

Spent a long time grinding around Goldenrod to prepare for Whitney's gym. Caught a nice Pinsir in the Bug Catching Contest yesterday. Considered grinding it up until it got a decent fighting move, but it was level 14 and the first Fighting move it gets is Revenge at level 18, and the first good one is Brick Break at level 21, and I wasn't in the mood for that much grinding. Started to think how nice it would be to have a Heracross, then remembered that they're in some of the Headbutt trees. Looked it up and found out that you can find them in Azalea Town, so I walked back down there and set about catching a good one. After many tries, I got just what I wanted - an Adamant with Guts. But it was level 3, and there was no way I was going to grind it up to a decent level (particularly since about the best thing to grind on at that point is Drowzees, who could one-shot any Heracross with Confusion). So I went back to my earlier plan of using a Geodude with Rock Smash and Magnitude to take down that Miltank. The rest of the trainers were typically easy and the only real challenge was that friggin' Miltank, but Geodude could take about five of her Stomps before it was in any danger, so it worked out.

Then I went up to Route 36 and watered the Sudowoodo and caught it. I'd forgotten how much of a challenge that can be - it fainted two of my pokemon as I dawdled around with trying to knock it down into the red without fainting it, but I finally got it. Then went up to the upper part of Route 36 and almost immediately got my ass kicked by a Stantler that apparently got a special version of Hypnosis that's 100% accurate AND a special version of Stomp with a 100% crit chance.

So we went back down to Goldenrod and healed, then I put Paras (with Spore and False Swipe) in the lead and went back up to do some hunting. Caught a really nice Adamant Growlithe in a Premier Ball (Adamant actually isn't my preference in a Growlithe, since I like to use Flamethrower on them, but I couldn't pass it up), and a pretty good Serious Stantler.

And now - turning circles in National Park, grinding up pretty much everyone - my NidoranM just evolved to a Nidorino, but my NidoranF was lagging behind (Scratch just isn't as useful as Peck), so I went down to Ilex Forest to teach her Headbutt. Got Heracross up to level 16 at the moment. Leveled up my Togepi and evolved it to Togetic. Planning on leveling Pidgey until it evolves. Probably going to level Wooper until it evolves. Working on a bunch of other stuff - Zubat, Slowpoke, Gastly, Flaaffy, Dunsparce...

*update*

Knocking around Ecruteak City, went through the Burned Tower, grinding a bit on the surrounding routes, getting ready to challenge Morty and I realized that it's Thursday today, so the Bug Catching Contest is going on. Went down to National Park, put Butterfree in the lead and went in. I was planning on catching a Scyther, but about the third or fourth thing I ran into was a shiny Metapod. That's my second shiny in this playthrough, after the Rattata on Route 32 just a few days ago.

I toyed with the idea of evolving it to a Butterfree (sort of amusing that I caught it with a Butterfree), but I don't think I'll bother. The Metapod shiny isn't anything special, but the Butterfree shiny isn't either, so I think it'll just go in the box with the Rattata. Still though - a shiny's a shiny...

Back to the grind...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
About to challenge the Pokémon League (and Barry). Was worried I was going to be horrendously underlevelled, but I made sure each pokémon had minimal experience in its level, in some cases by grinding a level, then gave them each a Rare Candy, now it's not looking too bad particularly as Monferno finally learnt Flare Blitz, so I let him evolve:

Spr_4d_392.png

lv. 49
Dig / Flare Blitz / Flamethrower / Close Combat

Went from the weakling to one of the strongest members of my team with one level and a trip to the Move Tutor :)

Spr_4d_490.png

lv. 46
Tail Glow / Shadow Ball / Surf / Ice Beam

If this were football, then Manaphy's the pokémon Ryan Giggs - consistently one of the best around, hasn't changed yet.

Spr_4d_405_m.png

lv. 49
Shock Wave / Strength / Thunder Fang / Crunch

Gained a few levels on that water route, then basically retired for Victory Road xD. Lacks powerful STAB, waiting for Discharge.

Spr_4d_430.png

lv. 47
Fly / Steel Wing / Dark Pulse / Night Slash

Got a little fat and slow now he's the don, but still hitting like a truck.

Spr_4d_409.png

lv. 46
Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt / Rock Climb / Rock Polish

A team of extremes, this: here I have the highest Attack stat in the games.

Spr_4d_481.png

lv. 52
Extrasensory / U-turn / Future Sight / Charm

Newbie's prone to being a little over-emotional at times, probably something to do with being "the being of emotion".

And lastly, not making the cut sadly, the other extreme, highest hp in the games:

Spr_4d_242.png

lv. 43
Toxic / Softboiled / Egg Bomb / Refresh

Leaving the challenge til tomorrow, I need some sleep and with those levels this could take a few hours :(

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Decided to do a playthrough of my Heartgold game I just recently started.

Entry 1.

Went to Professor Elm's Lab today to receive a pokemon, which turned out to be a Cyndaquil! I also met a friendly girl named Lyra who has a Marill. Professor Elm asked me to meet Mr. Pokemon to discuss some important topics. Along the way I knocked out a few Pidgey, Sentret, and Caterpie using Cyndaquil and leveled up. Once finally reaching Mr. Pokemon's house I was surprised to see Professor Oak there. After chatting with him a bit he gave me a Pokedex to collect data with!

After meeting Professor Oak and Mr. Pokemon, I received an urgent call from Professor Elm telling me to get back his lab ASAP. On the way back I was confronted by a rude red head boy with a totadile who insisted on a battle. I ended up defeating him which seemed to anger him quite a bit and he buzzed off, dropping his trainer card. I finally got back to Elm's lab with the news of a break-in. Lyra dashed in as well claiming the red headed boy was the one who stole the pokemon from the lab. At that moment I remembered seeing the boy's name on his trainer card... his name was "Silver". I told the officer his name and was on my way.

Once that rubbish was done and done I finally began my journey as a pokemon trainer. I began walking Route 29 (again) only to find Lyra once more. She taught me how to catch pokemon properly. With her experience I managed to catch a wild sentret! I later made it over to Cherrygrove City once more to stop at the pokemon center, where I rested up and traded my newly caught sentret for a Larvitar!

Current Team:

Cyndaquil Lvl. 7

Larvitar lvl. 5

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Just defeated the Pokémon League. As I expected, it was a 1hour+ job. Mesprit, Manaphy and Rampardos really came into their own. Manaphy swept Bertha solo after 3 Tail Glows, and also dispatched Spiritomb by the same methods (After it had already taken out 3 of my pokémon and severely incapacitated Mesprit). Rampardos would've got the full sweep against Flint if he actually had fire-types, but Stone Edge ran out of pp so I let Honchkrow and Infernape take on Drifblim and Steelix. And lastly Mesprit...well, when Garchomp came up I sent out Luxray to lower his attack, then switched to Mesprit to dodge Earthquake - but it never came. Mesprit tanked a Giga Impact, used Charm. Repeated 3 times, then a combo of Future Sight and Extrasensory took down both Garchomp and Lucario.

Ironically, as well as Lucian (as usual) being the toughest E4 battle, Aaron actually managed to get me down to 1 pokémon. Normally I destroy him, but I guess it was just my type choices letting me down.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Entry 2.

I then continued my journey after resting at the Pokemon Center. I continued up Route 30. I defeated a few trainers and wild pokemon along the way, gaining more and more experience. I then discovered a cave known as "Dark Cave". I went inside to discover breakable rocks and such, however none of my pokemon could crush any rocks. On the way out I ran into a wild Zubat, which I decided to capture. After leaving the cave I went west through route 31 and into Violet City.

Once arriving, I rested at the Pokemon Center. I met a man named Primo near the PC box. He talked about his TV show and what not and asked me a few things. In the end he gave me a Slugma egg for answering his questions correctly.

I soon noticed a gym in this city and decided to go train at the Sprout Tower before the big match. I defeated trainers all the way from bottom to top! I was then up against the elder of the tower. He was no match against my newly caught Zubat and my Cyndaquil. For defeating him he gave me TM 70, which contained "Flash".

After defeating the Sprout Tower elder, it was time I took on the gym leader, Falkner. He started with Pidgey and I started with Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil nearly knocked it out with one ember attack and took minimal damage. He then sent out his final pokemon, Pidgeotto. I managed to pull of a critical hit with Cyndaquil's ember which nearly knocked it out. After another ember attack I was victorious, gaining the Zephyr Badge and TM 51, Roost.

Current Team:

Zubat Lvl. 10

Egg (Slugma) Lvl. 0

Cyndaquil Lvl. 13

Larvitar Lvl. 12

Entry 3.

After defeating the first gym I received a call from Professor Elm telling me to pick up a egg from the Poke Mart. After picking up the egg I continued south of Violet City heading for Azalea Town. I beat a few trainers and wild pokemon along the way to Union Cave where I stopped for a rest. In the Pokemon Center I met an old fisherman who gave me an old rod! I then continued into Union Cave and ran into a wild Onix, which I caught. I weaved my way through the cave, defeating trainers along the way. One battle I used Cyndaquil, who battled very hard. I then looked over to see it evolving into a Quilava! A few matches later I realized I was nearly out of the cave.

I exited the cave to find myself in Azalea Town. All was not good though, Team Rocket was harming all of the slowpoke who call Azalea home. I went down to the Slowpoke Well and defeated team rocket and one of its officials, Proton. After dealing with Team Rocket a man named Kurt offered to craft me a pokeball from an appricorn as a thank you.

I then strolled into the Azalea gym. It was very forest like inside, and had a large tree at the end with the gym leader, Bugsy, standing below it. I challenged him after defeating a few trainers inside. He led with a Scyther and I led with my Larvitar. He managed to get off a U-turn very fast which did a great deal of damage to Larvitar. Bugsy then switched into Metapod, which I KOed in one hit with a rock slide. He then sent out Scyther again which used U-turn again, taking out Larvitar. I then called in Onix as he switched into Kakuna. I defeated it in one hit with a rock tomb. He then just had his Scyther left which was two hit KOed by my Onix's rock tomb. I received the Hive Badge for winning along with TM 89 U-turn.

Current Team:

Zubat Lvl. 14

Egg Lvl. 0

Egg (Slugma) Lvl. 0

Onix Lvl. 17

Quilava Lvl. 14

Larvitar Lvl. 16

Entry 4.

After Defeating the Azalea gym, I headed for Ilex Forest. On the way there I was confronted by my rival, Silver. He demanded a battle of course and led with his Gastly and I led with Zubat. Gastly was taken out in two bite attacks. He then sent out Croconaw which KOed Zubat quite badly. I then sent out Quilava, who did some damage before being KOed by water gun. I went with my strongest pokemon next, Larvitar. Larvitar managed to take out Croconaw with a rock slide as well with his final pokemon, Zubat.

After defeating my rival I finally headed into Ilex Forest. I then helped someone recover their lost Farfetch'd and received HM 01 Cut as a reward. I continued through the forest and learned headbutt and also met a kimono girl. Exiting the forest I retrieved TM 12 taunt from a woman.

Once out of the forest I began heading for Goldenrod City and the third gym. I defeated a few trainers along the road to Goldenrod and leveled my pokemon up a bit. Also, with all the walking I've been doing, my eggs hatched along the way into a Slugma and Togepi! I also met the daycare man and lady, who also happen to be Lyra's granparents. I decided to leave my baby Slugma at the daycare so he could grow and gain levels more easily.

After walking a bit ways north of the daycare house I arrived in Goldenrod City. I rested at the pokemon center there and also traded my Togepi for a Chikorita. I also won a radiocard from the Radio Tower where I also met the gym leader, Whitney. I decided to train North of Goldenrod on Route 35 to prepare for Whitney. I defeated many trainers and wild pokemon until I believed they were strong enough for Whitney.

I headed to her gym for the challenge. She led with Clefairy and I led with Zubat. I managed to knock out Clefairy with two wing attacks and take no damage. She then sent out her Miltank, her strongest pokemon. Miltank immobilized Zubat with attract however, and knocked out Zubat with a few rollouts. I decided to go with Chikorita next. I managed to pull off a poisonpowder and a reflect before getting KOed. Onix was my next choice. I was immediately immobilized from attract and wasn't able to pull off any rock tombs, however the poison was doing justice to her Miltank. I decided to switch out Onix for Larvitar. I used sandstorm after being attracted once more. After some stalling, Miltank was finally defeated and I earned the Plain Badge and TM 45 attract.

Current Team:

Zubat Lvl. 18
QUilava Lvl. 19
Chikorita Lvl. 19
Onix Lvl. 18
Larvitar Lvl. 21

In Storage:

NONE

At Daycare:

Slugma Lvl. 1+

Entry 5.

After beating the Goldenrod Gym I headed north of Goldenrod for Ecruteak City. On the way there I decided to stop at the Pokeathelon Dome and play a few courses. I also stopped to the bug catching contest held at the national park. I ended up capturing a Scyther, but didn't even place third! Atleast I caught a Scyther though! After that was over with I continued through Routes 36 and 37, defeating trainers and wild pokemon along the way. Chikorita also evolved into Bayleef!

I finally made it to Ecruteak City and decided to rest up at the pokemon center and happened to meet the PC Box guy, Bill. After I was done resting I went to the Ecruteak Dance Theater to discover a Team Rocket grunt. I defeated him in one hit and was rewarded with HM 03 Surf. I then bought some supplies at the Poke Mart afterwards.

Next I headed out west to Routes 38 and 39 for some training which eventually led me to Olivine City. I was told the gym leader wasn't there by Silver, so I just decided to look around the town. I managed to find a fisherman who gave me a good rod. After looking around I headed back to Ecruteak and went inside the Burnt Tower. I met Eusine and the Ecruteak gym leader, Morty there. Silver also happened to be there and wanted a battle of course. I led with Zubat and he led with his Gastly. Gastly was taken out in one bite. He then went to Magnemite which Zubat also KOed using confuse ray and bite. Next he sent out Croconaw. I KOed it with the same tactic. Lastly, he sent out his Zubat which was down within two bite attacks. At the end of the battle my Zubat began to evolve into a Golbat! After that ordeal I managed to get a glimpse of the legendary dog trio, Raikou, Entei and Suicune.

I then left Ecruteak to make a quick stop at Goldenrod City to meet up with Bill. He gave me an Eevee as a gift! I ended up switching out Onix for it and is now in the Daycare with Slugma.

I then headed back to Ecruteak for the gym battle. I made my way to Morty and led with Golbat.
Golbat took out his lead, Gastly, in one blow with a bite. He then sent out a Haunter which was taken out by two bites. Next was his powerful Gengar, which unfortunately put Golbat to sleep with a Hypnosis and then downed by two shadow balls. My next pick was Quilava who overcame Gengar with a few flame wheels. Quilava was then KOed by his final Haunter however. I then sent out Scyther which ended Haunter using pursuit and making me victorious. FOr beating Morty I received the Fog Badge and TM 30 shadow ball.

Current Team:

Golbat Lvl. 23
Bayleef Lvl. 20
Quilava Lvl. 22
Scyther Lvl. 23
Eevee Lvl. 16
Larvitar Lvl. 26

In Storage:

NONE

In Daycare:

Slugma Lvl 18+
Onix Lvl 20+

Last edited:

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Entry 6.

After defeating Morty, I departed Ecruteak City for my home town of New Bark. I chatted with my mother and Professor Elm. I also did some fishing there and managed to real in and capture a Chinchou! I later switched in Quilava for Chinchou.

I then passed through Cherrygrove and Violet City once more to pick up some items using surf. I then headed south to Union Cave where I defeated trainers and wild pokemon in the underground levels of the cave. I then passed through Azalea Town and the Ilex Forest once more, as well as Goldenrod City. I then stopped at the Pokeathelon Dome and played some games. I purchased a Metal Coat with my earnings!

After winning at the Pokeathelon Dome I passed through Ecruteak again and made my way to Olivine City. I decided to explore the famous lighthouse there. I made my to the top, defeating trainers along the way, to find the Olivine gym leader and a sick pokemon. She told me should would not accept any matches until the lighthouse pokemon was feeling better. She told me about a pharmacy in Cianwood City that has the medicine the pokemon needs.

I then headed off to Cianwood City. I surfed around the Whirl Islands, defeating trainers and wild pokemon. Once I arrived on the island of Cianwood I saw Suicune again. It starred at me and then took off. I then ran into Eusine from the Burnt Tower who challenged me to a battle, which I was victorious. Once back on track I got the medicine for the lighthouse pokemon, but wanted to battle the gym there. I made my way to the Cianwood Gym and challenged Chuck. He led with Primeape and I led with Golbat. Golbat knicked out Primeape with one wing attack. He then sent out his powerful Poliwrath. Goldbat nearly knocked it out with wing attack, but a Sitrus Berry and a Hyper Potion put Poliwrath back in action in a snap. It soon downed Golbat with a few surfs. I next sent out Scyther, which unfortunately was KOed the same way and dealt minimal damage to the Poliwrath. I finally sent out Bayleef who manged to down Poliwrath with two magical leafs. For defeating Chuck I received the Storm Badge and TM 01 focus punch. I also met Chuck's wife outsidet he gym and received HM 02 fly!

Current Team:

Chinchou Lvl. 25
Eevee Lvl. 27
Golbat Lvl. 28
Bayleef Lvl. 28
Scyther Lvl. 28
Larvitar Lvl. 30

In Storage/Rotation:

Slugma Lvl. 20

In Daycare:

Onix Lvl. 24+
Quilava Lvl. 24+

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I restarted my SoulSilver game so please disregard the previous entries.

Chapter I | "The Journey Begins"

My first Pokémon I chose was Totodile. The whole theme behind this playthrough is to utilize a new team setup as opposed to the usual Cyndaquil, Geodude, Bellsprout, Pidgey, Abra, Dratini combo.

So I did all the beginning story elements. (Get starter, leave home, talk to Mr. Pokémon etc.).

The first Pokémon I legitimately caught was Pidgey. When I made it to Violet city, I did the event in Bellsprout Tower and then headed to route 31 and grinded both Pidgey and Totodile to level 14.

Then I challenged Falkner and beat him easily.

I was given the egg by Elm's scientist and was confronted by the Kamino tart.

I headed south to Route 33 and caught a Mareep and returned to Route 31 and grinded until she learned ThunderShock and then went to Bellsprout Tower and grinded until level 14, then I headed back to Route 33 and grinded the team to level 16. Mareep evolved at level 15. I saved and stopped at the docks after battling one Lass, one youngster and two fishermen.

b561b3f2f509cb8d3649559ac71dee84bc7652739ef4572a5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back