• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It seems that, soon we will be VISITING regions and CATCHING Pokemon OURSELVES!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I feel that in the next few years playable Pokemon trainers WILL NOT EXIST! We will take that role, NPCs may still exist... I have a feeling that technology will be so advanced that WE will be transported into the games and train our Pokemon... This is just a spontaneous thought, but I feel that something along these lines WILL happen...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I can see virtual reality gaming for Pokemon possibly happening in the distant future, but I don't see us getting turned into data or energy and being teleported into a game. While turning into data is something that can happen in Digimon it's not something that will likely be able to happen in this world.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I can see virtual reality gaming for Pokemon possibly happening in the distant future, but I don't see us getting turned into data or energy and being teleported into a game. While turning into data is something that can happen in Digimon it's not something that will likely be able to happen in this world.

Did you ever expect Nintendo to let us trade Pokemon when you want over the Internet?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pokemon are already data. They have already been transferred over a data network system (Wifi) for years. The fact that they'll be able to be transferred using the internet is honestly not a big step up. But changing something that is flesh and blood into something virtual is a much, much bigger step than transferring what is already data through a system that is composed of data. It's something that cannot be done yet and whether or not it'll ever happen is well... can't be seen in this current day and age. Try the distant future if you wish, but definitely not within the next few years. Again, I think between the two virtual reality would be the most plausible and closest thing to happen. It's a smaller step.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Did you ever expect Nintendo to let us trade Pokemon when you want over the Internet?

Do you know how far back internet gaming goes?

Wifi Trading was always a possibility and a concept.
Virtual reality seems like a possible concept, but being physically(digitally in this case) seems impossible in our day an age.
Come back in 2,000 years or so. :I

Years
Virtual reality I could definitely see happening one day... not in the next few years, but I believe that within the next few decades, it will be the primary form of gaming. Nintendo and Microsoft have already tested very primitive virtual reality systems, although they are no where near where they would need to be for effective and enjoyable gaming, nor would they be something that anyone but the very rich could afford. I don't think that any major corporation would put out such a system until it was at least something that the middle class could afford.

By the time virtual reality is in common use, I don't think that Pokemon games will be being made any more. As unfortunate as it is to say, we're almost twenty years into the franchise, and I don't think there are another twenty years left. I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if there was ever a Pokemon game made for a VR console. It would be a very welcome surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.

To be honest, converting a human into data and putting them into a video game seems highly impossible - and even if it was possible, it would be a very silly way to get the virtual reality experience, as there are much similar ways to get the same thing.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I think Pokemon will always be on 'handheld' devices.
I also don't think we'll have reach the virtual reality stage, I mean it does sound doable in the future but would it really be that enjoyable and affordable?

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I would sooooo love it if this could happen, but it can't. And if it does, then you can rub it in my face. Because i know, that it will never happen.

With that said, if it does somehow happen in some big technological discovery, i just dont think it would bring good for the person using it. I mean think about it, once your in, you will sooner or later get bored and you will want to leave. The pokemon world has limits. Also, if a young child, (6 or 7) goes in, they might start to think that they were in the pokemon world from the beginning, losing grip in reality. Then the come back out and boom! That would turn the mind to mush.

Ok that idea was a little sifi but it gets the point across. I just dont think its safe, for youger people anyway.

(Not to mention that you don't get to eat food in pokemon. Imagin life without food!)

All in all, it would be epic, and fun, and epic again. And it does somehow happen (wich it won't), i would definitely try it out. But for now il just stick with my hand-helds

Last edited:

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
If we don't get nuked by ourselves I could see a little more advanced form of Pokémon gaming happening in the distant future.

However, if you've a Pokémon MMORPG on your mind then I only believe something like that will happen when the series's is coming to an end.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Well, if it DOES happen, it probably won't be within our lifetimes. I /can/ tell you that.

On the chance that it DOES happen within our lifetimes, then you can guarantee I'll go out of my way to obtain it.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd love this, but it just seems so far out of reach right now and I couldn't see it happening for several years at least.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
They would have to break down your particles and respawn them into a virtual game. It'd be teleportation. Or it'd be like that Jimmy Neutron episode. LLAMA PALOOZA! LLAMA PALOOZA! Or, do you mean some sort of helmet, or maybe an interactive game, such as the Wii. That might make a little more sense.

I'd like to see less NPCs though and turn Pokemon into a game where you can walk along side of other trainers. I'd want like multiple worlds and stuff and you just walk with trainers.

Years
In the close 10-20 even 30 years? No, no and no. But in 300+ years it could be possible. Technology is too far behind right now for something that big. Scientists will focus on different inventions and uses for such advanced technology rather than taking you inside a Pokemon game.

Back