• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Who do you choose?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Dialga wins this one for me. The design is amazing, Roar of Time is the best signature move, and being the Dragon of Time makes for the one of the best legendaries, at least imo. Palkia doesn't appeal to me at all and is why I bought Diamond instead. Giratina is pretty cool but the design isn't as good as Dialga's.

NeveUsedThunderBolt

Electric-Type Gym Leader
Years
Dialga

I think that Dialga has a better look than the other two. That may just be that I prefer blue to pink, though. I love the feather/spikes on its back. It's just a generally cool Pokémon. YAY FOR DIALGA. <3

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well in Platinum I really enjoyed the Distortion World, so I guess that makes Giratina my favorite. I wasn't exactly in love with any of the legendaries from D/P/Pt though, so that doesn't mean that much.

Palkia would have to come in a close second, despite it's um...bizzare design. I kind of liked the Spacial Rift in PMD2. It was cool.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Dialga FTW. Why? Simple. In PMD 2, Primal Dialga was the coolest Pokémon in the game. Also, Diamond was the first version of Pokémon I got for the Nintendo DS.

Years
Moar love needed for Palkia!

I chose Palkia after debating between it and Giratina as I like the idea of manipulating space and its design is appealing to me *shrug*

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I picked Palkia cos its the first i caught in pearl and got used to battaling with it. but later i caught Giratina and realised how cool it was with shadow sneak and shadow force

Whispeon

Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution
Years
I absolutely hate Dialga. With a burning, fiery passion. No, it's not because it always beats me, because it doesn't. It's because its design in horrible - a long headed, blue, metal, space donkey. And was dumbfounded at all the people who loved him over Palkia. "Oooh, I want Diamond because Dialga is in it? Why do I like Dialga? Because everyone else does!"

Eh...

Giratina Please.

Years
Dialga by miles for me - it was a combination of liking its design whilst not really liking the other two as much. Plus, it was the mascot for Diamond and it's my fave game of the three as well :D

Years
This is about the only time I won't choose the Ghost type. I looove Palkia. <3 I don't know, but I just love the typing and design, not to mention Surf gets a STAB boost lol. Palkia is probably one of the only pokemon I've actually trained to 100.

Dialga was too slow for me and had a weird cry. :P
Giratina in D/P didn't do all that much for me. Giratina-O was cool, but I still like Palkia more.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Apart from Regigigas, I don't care at all for any of the Sinnoh legendaries, unfortunately. Maybe if they'd given any of these three a semblance of personality or interesting character design, I could muster up an opinion on them but... nope. To their credit, however, they're at least more interesting than the friggin' Lake Guardians. Ugh.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
palkia and giritina

i really like giritina and palkia because palkia can learn alot of other moves than dialga or palkia including dark and ghost and flying but palkia can learn psychic moves which psychic is one of my favorite types

i meant giritina can learn alot of other moves than palkia and dialga

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
For some reason I like Dialga more, probably because time really interests me, Diamond was my first DPPt game, yeah, biased. Giratina is cool but I also like Dialga's design a lot too.

^ This. Definitely Dialga, love the whole 'time' theme and the design looks a bit overdone but still interesting. Next is Giratina, she's cool. I don't like Palkia tbh.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
So we've got a steel-wrapped herbivore dinosaur that controls time vs a insect dragon with ghostly hands which transforms into a golden tapeworm with a orb and controls antimatter vs a fish like tyrannosaurs which can literally tear apart space.

I'll go with the latter, if not for the insanely good dual STAB.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Palkia is my favorite of the three. It was my first 4th gen legendary when I start playing Pokemon again. I don't really care about it battling ability. xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Giratina by far. The concept is way to cool and the artwork is way better than Dialga/Palkia.

Years
I went with Giratina, cos I love Platinum way better than Diamond & Pearl not to mention Ghost/Dragon is one epic but interesting type combination.

I also love how awesome it looks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Not really a fan of any of these, but I don't wanna be boring & choose "none", so I'll choose Dialga.

Back