• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm looking forward to Need for Speed as well. I'm just a huge fan of the video game series, and always wanted to see a movie based off it. This is certainly a dream come true for me. n_n" It releases in March 14, I believe, which is only just two days away. Another movie I'm wanting to see is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. It won't be finished until 2016, though, which is a long time.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I still have yet to see the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie, so I still got time to watch it xD

And I'm also really excited to see this Need For Speed movie. It's got exotic cars but I'm also hoping there's some tuned up cars just like the first Fast & Furious movies had.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Maybe Need For Speed should be the next featured movie on the OP, don't ya think, Ashley? :3 Been meaning to see that as well!~

What are some movies you're looking forward to watching?
For one, I cannot wait to go see Divergent. It comes out next week! :D I read two of the three books, so it should be as good as the books. Another one I've been wanting to see is Mom's Night Out. I saw the trailer to that movie when I watched Mr. Peabody & Sherman, and it's totally a movie I'd love to go see. It comes out till May tho. lol

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
This looks like a good one to join
Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim, Dredd, Battleship, TMNT, all of the Star Wars movies, Transformers, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers the Movie, every Harry Potter movie, Men in Black trilogy, both Despicable Me movies, both Expendables movies, Captain America The First Avenger, Wreck-It Ralph, Sink the Bismarck, and The Lego Movie
How often do you watch movies?: Whenever I feel like watching one
What are your favorite movie genre(s)?: Action, Sci-Fi, and War
What are some of your favorite moments in movies?: The battle scenes and funeral scenes
What are some of the movies you are looking forward to watching?: Captain America: The Winter Soldier which comes out April 4th. The Muppets Most Wanted which comes out March 21st. Godzilla which comes out May 16th. Transformers: Age of Extinction which comes out June 27th. The Expendables 3 which comes out August 15th. The Hobbit: There and Back Again which comes out December 17th.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm a huge fan of war movies. They've always interested me. xD" I completely forgot about the Captain America movie, for some reason. I'm definitely going to watch it if I get the chance. Welcome to our club, Mandolore!

Also, Megan, that sounds like a good idea! Let me see if I could find a trailer for it on YouTube.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
War movies are great. Especially when they are done perfectly! You are literally plunged into the heat of war and the placement and atmosphere is breathtaking. One of my favorite war movies are Alexander The Great & Troy! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I actually haven't watched Alexander the Great, unfortunately. :( I did watch Troy, but not the whole thing; only the beginning. My personal favorite would probably have to be Saving Private Ryan. Opening sequence was just simply amazing.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Not sure if it counts as a war movie, but it counts as a POW movie which is set during WWII which is "The Great Escape" starring Steve McQueen.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Username: RHCP
Favorite movie(s): The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Serendipity, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain, The Lion King... probably tons more, but it's difficult to remember and choose.
Answer a topic: What are some of your favorite moment in movies? PLOT TWISTS. When you are surprised, amazed and sit on the edge of your sofa and just "WHAAAT?" I love that feeling.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh my goodness, Lion King is amazing. <3 Up to now, I've watched both one and two for about a total of eight times already. I'm also a huge fan of Dark Knight, haha. Anyway, welcome, Rika! Good to have your here!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Lion King was legit my favorite movie when I was a kid. The scene where Mufasa died always made me ugh in me and it still does :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Lion King, The Dark Knight, great movie tastes, Rika :D The Lion King is my favorite movie of all time. I liked 1 & 2. 1 1/2 (or 3 in non US countries), was pretty amusing imo xD

Anyways, added the Need for Speed trailer on the opening post, if anyone's interested in taking a look! The movie is in theaters right now. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have any of you guys been able to watch Dark Knight Rises? I have, but didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would, though. ): One thing that really disappointed me is the main villain. If it were someone else other than Bane (Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze would be two great examples), I definitely would have liked it more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, I didn't like DK Rises as much as DK. The middle movie was the best imo, which is really quite unusual for trilogies! Another instance I can think about is that many seem to enjoy The Two Towers more than the first and last LOTR movies.

The Lion King is an amazing movie when you think about it, especially considering it's mainly for children. An epic tale of betrayal and family, spanning years and deserts and jungles and savannas, featuring some of the most memorable characters ever. They aren't even afraid to bring up the subject of death, something I think Disney movies are very silly with these days. Mufasa and Scar and probably a lot of hyenas die. And toss in the sequel too and you'll have somewhat of a conclusion as well.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I actually have the Dark Knight trilogy and a Batman movie four pack. The Batman movie four pack includes Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin (1997). If you are looking for a Batman movie that has both Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze, I would recommend watching Batman and Robin.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm kind of liking these modern superhero movies. I admit there's been a bit too much of superheroes in the cinema this past decade, but most of those movies have been doing a fresh take on the whole superpower and suit business. I actually even enjoyed Green Lantern 8)

I didn't enjoy Man of Steel overly much though. It was just... a bit too serious. The older movies always had a glint in their eye, sort of. This broke all that. These Batman movies, on the other hand, reinvented the brand in a very good way.

Not sure how I feel about the newest Amazing Spiderman movies. I feel it was a bit too soon to reinvent Spiderman, since the other movies came out after 2000.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Bane from TDKR was kinda disappointing for me. Since I was expecting the huge venom powered powerhouse, but Christopher Nolan DID say he wanted a more realistic approach to the Batman universe and yea, that's exactly what he did, so in that way he did not disappoint. I also liked the 2nd Batman movie more for the villain, but for the plot I prefer the 3rd installement.

Also, the reason why Man of Steel was more serious is because of the Justice League movie adaptation they wanna do. DC is known for it's dark storyline and that's what they're aiming for.

The same thing with Spiderman, they remade Spiderman because the 3rd movie flushed out and fans didn't hate it (it's underrated imo) and they're going to make the Spiderman series in tie with the Avengers.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Username: Zorogami

Favorite movie(s): Im going to pick one or a few per genre
Comedy - American Pie and Fired Up. They are both stupidly funny movies i could watch over and over again. American Pie is a classic, Fired Up is probably the movie ive watched the most times ever.
Action - Fast 5, Never Back Down, The Dark Knight. Fast 5 is my favorite and imo the best out of the series. I think there is a good balance between Action and Driving scenes, and i loved how they pulled all the cats from the previous movies together. Never Back Down is a movie that just makes me want to go out and surpass any limit i think i have. I know its not the best movie in any espect, but i still enjoy it a lot. The Dark Knight, what can i say that hasnt been said? An amazing Joker performance, a great and entertaining plot and some extremely scenes. The best out of the trilogy if you ask me.
All-Time Favorite - Saw, the first one. The ones that come after one put a lot of emphasis on gore, but I has a very thrilling and suspensful plot that keeps you on edge at all times. Its not too gory and it features the most suprising ending ive ever seen.

Answer a topic:
How often do you watch movies?
Extremely often! I used to go to the theaters about 2 or 3 times a month. Recently though, there havent been that many movies that caught my interest, but i still watch a lot of them at home, probably around 2 movies a week. Is there anything better than a comfy movie night on weekends? I dont think so :D

Some of my favorite Movie genres
Id have to say Comedy and Action are my two favorite, followed by Thrillers in a close 3rd Spot. I can enjoy any genre though as long as the movie appeals to me, so there is that. What i like about the Action scenes is of course the action, be it fighting, shooting or things blowing up. Comedies are always good to laugh and have a good time, forgetting whatever troubles your mind for the duration of the movie. As for thrillers, i love suspensful plots that keep you on edge and interested throughout a whole movie. And its nice to try and figure out whats really going on by yourself

So yeah, looking forward to talk and discuss with all of you!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to the club, Zorogami~ My ex-boyfriend was the one that introduced me to the American Pie movies and they have also become part of my favorites as well. The Naked Mile would be my favorite from the series, it was freaking hilarious from beginning to the end.

Oh my goodness.. BAAAANE. He became a villain that I love to hate. Anyone felt the same way? I guess the first Dark Knight movie was much better than the 2nd one because of how the villains performed. Heath Ledger did an excellent performance as The Joker and wow, I just literally applaud at the end. (RIP Heath btw ;;)

Back