• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
wow this hack really looks great! 3 questions:
1) is this beta 3.1 supposed to be the final version? because judging how the orange islands are in the current beta, beta 3.1 should be the big finisher you know?
2) how much of the orange island will be featured if this is NOT the final beta??
3) what's the estimated date of release for this hack?:)

THANKS

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1) is this beta 3.1 supposed to be the final version? because judging how the orange islands are in the current beta, beta 3.1 should be the big finisher you know?
2) how much of the orange island will be featured if this is NOT the final beta??
1) No
2) Only the first one
3) don't ask =D

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
I believe that the goal of beta 3.1 was to eliminate the bugs that were in the game. Also I thought that the previous beta only let you see a little of the island.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Alright guys, confession time. I never really quit. I was just playing with you guys. I am currently working on Gym Leader sprites.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Alright guys, confession time. I never really quit. I was just playing with you guys. I am currently working on Gym Leader sprites.

Too bad for the people who want to buy cars. ;)

Can't wait to see some of those sprites though!

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013

somehow I figured as much. Too bad, I was looking for a car, and was going to message you about tips on finding one. Can't wait to see the Sprites.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
How is the progress on this hack coming? Its mid summer now and i think (and i think very enthusiastically) that you will finish beta 3.1 until september. Am i right? :D

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years

THANKS

1. Nope it won't be the final. Originally (2 years ago) i planned for it to be the final but time flew past and there wasn't time to make it the final.
2. The whole of the first island is finished, and probably a small snippet of the 2nd island if i get enough time after doing other things.
3. August, but i'll talk more about this soon..

How is the progress on this hack coming? Its mid summer now and i think (and i think very enthusiastically) that you will finish beta 3.1 until september. Am i right? :D

Well yea i was planning to have it done by august, "planning" being the key word.

How well is the trading in 3.1? Can I trade from other Fire Red hacks? I'm tempted to breed a torchic and a raltz and trade them into the game From Fire Red Omega.

The trading in 3.1 will be very beta indeed. I will do a few tests using clean fr and emerald and ruby roms and VBALink to see if the functionality is working. Technically if you can trade to a clean rom and back, then you can trade to any other rom that supports trading.

UPDATE: Kanto part 4 is created 99.9% theres just a few more scripts to do. Then next up would be the testing of the orange islands completing the first test run :). After that I can add the finishing touches and extras and then I can hand the beta out to official testers before the release.

Also I've read and caught a vibe that people want more progress story wise on this beta otherwise its dejavu from 2 years ago to some extent. So heres the question what do you prefer:

1. I can mark a release for around august if things go well and it includes the whole 1st island.
2. I can work on it longer and maybe squeeze a snippet of the 2nd island as well or even the full island depends whats happening.

So you can tell me what number you want either 1 or 2, or 3 if you have any suggestions.

Link

Back