• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
You already know my view on the Naruto idea. Wouldn't mind helping out in making it, would be interesting.

I should have a list of side-quests and some events that could be put in by later tonight or some time tomorrow. I'll post them here.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Nickname/what you want to be called: AustinWolff

Position: Spriter & Overworld.

When you're on and timezone: Once a day after school (anywhere from 4-7) or on weekends. Timezone is Southern Pacific (L.A. baby!)

Proof of Work: As of yet none. But I can provide examples of good OW's and Sprites

Way of contact: PM or email --> [email protected]

Why you want to join: I am still learning how to script, so I cannot make my own game just yet. However, I think it would be good if I at least had some experience! Everyone needs a starting point, and this one is ours!

Attachments

• Radiohead.png
    Radiohead.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 623
  • Blood Smeargle.png
    Blood Smeargle.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 625

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
By Minime10's request, was asked to let you all know we are switching back to Fire-red. Due to having been grounded for a bit our leader has been unable to access PC himself, hence why he asked me. He may be on tonight or tomorrow.

Hackdeoxys - He apologizes for making your time spent mapping a waste now, and says he owes you one. A big one.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
By Minime10's request, was asked to let you all know we are switching back to Fire-red. Due to having been grounded for a bit our leader has been unable to access PC himself, hence why he asked me. He may be on tonight or tomorrow.

Hackdeoxys - He apologizes for making your time spent mapping a waste now, and says he owes you one. A big one.
May I ask why we are switching back?

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
You'll be able to ask him when he gets on tonight. Just texted me saying he'll be on. If I knew, I would have mentioned it already. Sorry man. x_x

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Minime won't be on until Wednesday, hopefully. I did find out why he decided to switch back: He felt like he was learning how to hack Pokemon all over again.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Name: Kyle
Job: Storyliner
I'm applying for a second job.
Proof: (this could be the game's storyline if you like it) You are a lowly Team Rocket grunt, but you have big dreams. Dreams of becoming Boss Rocket...but that's not happening anytime soon. Sadly, ill fate conspires against you: You fall out of Team Rocket's truck when they're driving to Kanto, and no one notices you're gone for fifty or sixty miles. Lost in the middle of somewhere between Kanto and the northern forests, you flourish. You train your rattata Pokemon, eventually making your way to Celadon City and into the secret base, impressing Giovanni with your skill. Then that Red punk comes in and creams everyone, forcing Team Rocket to leave. You defeat Sabrina, forcing her to let you and your buddies into Saffron City...

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Two things:

1 - As Minime has his cell still, he'd like to know if you guys can PM me your numbers so I can text them to him.
2 - The storyline is pretty much based around events in the Manga and other things to be made(Side-Quest, events leading up to the first movie), then moving into Johto. If we're not using how Sabrina is in the Manga as we are Koga, then that would work out. I'll find out soon what Mini would like to do. And from what Mini shared with me, he's already thought why and how the character joins Team Rocket: Due to a loved ones illness, the character wants to make money as fast as possible to pay for the hospital fee's. A Team Rocket recruiter comes to the character one day, offering the chance to join an organization if he/she can survive boot-camp. At the same time the local police of the area are looking for more cadets in their academy for future officers. The police force needs payment, while the organization does not. Being the cheaper of the two options the player decides to sign on - Soon after they are sent off to boot-camp for training. In boot-camp certain features are explained to the player, and a final test is held where the player must use the skills learned in order to pass. I suspect they'll be given a list to complete with various assignments/tasks to do before passing.

It's my fault for not really posting everything he and I have talked about. Going to ask Mini if we can work out a time-line of events to start posting up for you all to know of what's being or has been written.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I said to PM them. It's never a good idea to post your cell number out in the open on the internet. When you can, please edit your post or delete it. Gave your number to Mini so you two can talk more. Should ask him if he can receive pic's on his cell, show him some of your sprites. ;)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I have to say I really don't like that storyline. It's not creative, and I think the player should be on Team Rocket because they want to, not because they have to.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
I have to say I really don't like that storyline. It's not creative, and I think the player should be on Team Rocket because they want to, not because they have to.

you should make it a choice in the beginning, like when you and your friends see it, you can either say yes or no, and that will change the outcome of events.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Hey. I see you makin' fun o my storyline, punk! Jk :P. Like soul said, he didn't say everything we talked about. I didn't even tell him the other idea I had in mind (hehe). You have a choice to either join the police force and then later betray them for the rockets, or start out being a rocket. I was thinking about being able to play as the police all the way through, or maybe even getting to play as a double agent for both sides.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Hey. I see you makin' fun o my storyline, punk! Jk :P. Like soul said, he didn't say everything we talked about. I didn't even tell him the other idea I had in mind (hehe). You have a choice to either join the police force and then later betray them for the rockets, or start out being a rocket. I was thinking about being able to play as the police all the way through, or maybe even getting to play as a double agent for both sides.

sounds interesting to me. say, for the moment what do you need me to sprite?

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Think of it more along the ways of a fanatic. Every fanatic starts out somewhere before becoming one. The Rockets believe in the goals Giovanni has and the force of their organization. They believe themselves to be superior to all others that are not higher ups. That's how most fanatic groups work and how Team Rocket seems to work too. Read the dialogue in the games and they give off that impression.

The character had a life prior to joining up or wanting to. The benefits could be great or they could be short-lived depending on your actions in any organization. As a member of Team Rocket, if you get caught, you may or may not be bailed/broken out or rescued. Depends on if you should be able to escape yourself, why you are in jail or in holding, and how you were caught/found. But if you have good senses, the know-how and a bit of luck, you'll do just fine. The pay of a cop compared to what a member of Rocket makes is probably much less. Risky jobs pay more money; higher the risk of a job/mission, the better the reward.

You have a loved one in need of a hospital to treat their illness, and you have the chance to make you both set for life? Not forced to join it when it's pretty much freely handed to you. Joining an organization in this kind of circumstance leaves you with the chance you will be used or sometime your loved one, if known, will be used as leverage. You could also just join the police, earning your wages legally and doing a service to the community of your area. Believing in justice over a known crime organization is up to a sole person to decide. The pay either way is great, plus the benefits help with medical bills. No other jobs happen to be available at the time - Leaving the police and Team Rocket as your options.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Update: Tohjo Falls.
I added stuff like ladders and boulder puzzle so the player could explore it later on, maybe going to lower areas.
tohjo_10.jpg

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Think of it more along the ways of a fanatic. Every fanatic starts out somewhere before becoming one. The Rockets believe in the goals Giovanni has and the force of their organization. They believe themselves to be superior to all others that are not higher ups. That's how most fanatic groups work and how Team Rocket seems to work too. Read the dialogue in the games and they give off that impression.

The character had a life prior to joining up or wanting to. The benefits could be great or they could be short-lived depending on your actions in any organization. As a member of Team Rocket, if you get caught, you may or may not be bailed/broken out or rescued. Depends on if you should be able to escape yourself, why you are in jail or in holding, and how you were caught/found. But if you have good senses, the know-how and a bit of luck, you'll do just fine. The pay of a cop compared to what a member of Rocket makes is probably much less. Risky jobs pay more money; higher the risk of a job/mission, the better the reward.

You have a loved one in need of a hospital to treat their illness, and you have the chance to make you both set for life? Not forced to join it when it's pretty much freely handed to you. Joining an organization in this kind of circumstance leaves you with the chance you will be used or sometime your loved one, if known, will be used as leverage. You could also just join the police, earning your wages legally and doing a service to the community of your area. Believing in justice over a known crime organization is up to a sole person to decide. The pay either way is great, plus the benefits help with medical bills. No other jobs happen to be available at the time - Leaving the police and Team Rocket as your options.

Thats it! You keep giving great ideas! Okay, 1st. This takes place before team rocket becomes very active and they're just a group. At this point, no one knows anything about what they're planning. They just go around telling people about their big goals (that don't sound evil). 2nd. They really can't track you, because no one has ever seen your face while your commiting crimes. you probably get a nickname at some point.

Update: Tohjo Falls.
I added stuff like ladders and boulder puzzle so the player could explore it later on, maybe going to lower areas.
tohjo_10.jpg

Awesome! At some point, probably after you finish your next map, give me an ips of what you got, and you can take a nice break. I think we should focus on completing the Kanto events before we get ahead of ourselves.

nice! looks like the mapping is halfway done already!
Yeah. I might need you to sub for Kyle while he's on his "Vacay".

Back