• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Petit Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

First and foremost....

Playable Pokemon (arranged by Type & Generation):
Spoiler:

Exceptional Pokemon (arranged by Type & Generation):
Spoiler:

Useable Moves:

Spoiler:
Take note that the pokemon entries are not based on Pokemon Stadium's traditional length/weight rules because many Steel-type pokemon wouldn't be included that way. So instead, a 330-base-stat-limit rule was implemented. This, of course, doesn't include the "exceptional pokemon" listed - where some even exceed an overall of 400, namely, the electrical cheeky rodents. So, without further ado...

Rules:

• You are not allowed to use two or more of the same pokemon in your party.
  • Challenges end once you beat the Elite Four
    • At the end of the game, your strongest party member should not be more than 15 levels above the weakest party member.
  • HM slaves are allowed (since you can't teach Surf or Strength to your pokemon), however they must not, by any means, be used in battle. If you took them out because your party was wiped out… it's fine. But you shouldn't include these Pokemon in Gym nor Elite four battles (unless, of course, they only have the moves Rock Smash, Flash or Cut).
  • Adding a new Pokemon to your main 6 should always start at level 5 or below
    • Hacking to get your fave pokemon or whatever is allowed, but the rule above should be followed.
    • Replacing your main 6 with newly caught pokemon is allowed, but they should follow the level-5 rule written above. You will have to wait until you reach a daycare center if a pokemon is higher than level 5.
    • If you swapped out a party member to make room for an HM slave, then you may get your original party member back later without applying the level-5 rule.
    • Gen 1 is an exception to this rule. You may use newly-caught pokemon as long as they are allowed in the challenge.
  • You are not allowed to hack in ANY item. The pickup ability, however, may be abused for as much as you want.
  • Under any circumstances, you must ONLY revive your fainted members in a Pokemon Center.
    • This means that revives are banned. No other items are banned, though.
    • Rare candies may only be used if the pokemon is not in fainted status.
  • You may only heal (this includes status effects) your pokemon with items outside of battle...
    • However, moves such as Wish and Aromatherapy are allowed, as an exception to this rule.
    • As another exception to this rule, you may also let your pokemon hold berries. Abuse this all you want.
  • Rom-Hacks are allowed in this challenge IF the maps, regions, and pokedex in the hack are kept untouched (Expert Emerald, for instance, is allowed. But it will count as a normal Emerald playthrough)
  • You may accept this challenge for selected spinoffs, too! Yay! Namely:
Spoiler:

Challenge Types

Single - Simply want to give this challenge a shot? Then sign up for this.
- You must input your game's version followed by your progress as you sign up. (e.g Blue 3/8)

Ultimate - Want to bring this challenge through every region? Then take this challenge!
- You must write your progress in each region. (e.g Kanto 8/8, Johto 4/8, Hoenn 8/8)

Hardcore - Planning to accept the challenge for all Pokemon versions out there? That's insane!
- You must write your progress for each version (e.g Red 3/8, Blue 6/8, Ruby 4/8, etc)

Kanto = R/B/Y/Gr/FR/LG
Johto = G/S/C/HG/SS
Hoenn = R/S/E
Sinnoh = D/P/Pt
Unova = B/W/B2/W2

Challenge Modes

[Mixed] Petit Challenge - use any pokemon you want!

[Monotype] Petit Challenge- all of your pokemon must have at least one matching type.

[Solo] Petit Challenge - must only use one pokemon for the whole playthrough.

Final notes before signing up:

• The [Dark] and [Ice] Petit Challenges may only be taken from Gen 2 and above. (No available pokemon to use in Gen 1)
  • The [Steel] Petit and [Dragon] Petit Challenges may be taken from Gen 3 and above. If you decide to accept the challenge in earlier gens (Steel is not possible in Gen 1 though), your name will be added into the Hall of Fame since those will be extremely hard with only one pokemon.
  • The [Bug] Petit Challenge may be taken from Gen 2 and above. If you decide to accept the challenge in Gen 1, well... good luck. I will personally carve your gravestone. Your names will be listed at the top of the Hall of Fame.
    • This challenge will have to require a screenshot of proof, though. >_<'a It's a really hard feat, it's the least you can do to show how patient you were.
  • And once again, exceptional pokemon may only be used if you are accepting a [Monotype] Petit Challenge. Otherwise, they are banned.

Entry/Registration Form:

Name -
Challenge Type - (Single/Ultimate/HC)
Challenge Mode - (Mixed/Monotype/Solo)
Current progress -

Sample forms:
Spoiler:

Update Routine
I will be updating the challenger's list for as much as I could. Everyday, if possible. However, we all know that any sane human can't do that all-year-round with vacations, school and whatnot. But, under any case, I would see to it that the list is updated at least once per week. Even if I get washed away into an uncharted island.... I WILL FIND A WAY!

So guys, please be patient if your names are still not up there. They will be there. If you want to repost/bump, just make sure that you don't spam the same thing over and over. Meaning, post/repost only if you have more progress.

For those who are participating, feel free to update however you want. Tell us your story, throw some jokes for giggles, post screenshots, write a poem... your call. Just make sure to place your progress somewhere down there.

Hall of Fame

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
I will try this challenge!

Name- HonorThief72
Challenge Type- Single
Challenge Mode- Mixed
Progress- B(0/8)

(Blue version, not Black).

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Moli's Personal Progress Sheet (to avoid spam)

Mixed Challenge on Silver (Completed July 3, 2013)
Spoiler:

Mixed Challenge on Emerald (Completed July 20, 2013)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Hate to double post or even bump so soon, but this one's pretty important.

Edited first post:
- Removed Frontier mode

I've tried it and it's simply not possible for Petit pokemon. With stats being benchmarked at 330, they can only do very little and could only go very far with tremendous luck.

I've actually earned a silver symbol for Battle Tower (w/c is 35 Trainers or 5 runs), but right after that, fully evolved forms with Earthquake and Quick Claws pretty much screwed me over. So, no go.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 14, 2013
I'll give it a shot!

Name - sarsenetSylveon
Challenge Type - Single
Challenge Mode - monotype normal
Current progress - e(1/8)

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Before I sign-up, I need to ask if I can do this on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, a lot of the Pokemon available are useable for this challenge, like Spheal and Houndour.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Before I sign-up, I need to ask if I can do this on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, a lot of the Pokemon available are useable for this challenge, like Spheal and Houndour.
Oh right, forgot about that one and Colloseum. Nothing disqualifies shadow pokemon from this challenge, so sure!

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Oh right, forgot about that one and Colloseum. Nothing disqualifies shadow pokemon from this challenge, so sure!

Thank you :)

Name -WarriorCat
Challenge Type - Single
Challenge Mode - Mixed
Current progress: XD (Not started yet)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Finally finished my Emerald run! My updates are found [here] (or just scroll up, lol)

Current progress - e(1/8)
Almost missed your update. Feel free to repost or leave me a PM/VM to notify me of your progress. I just kept my updates in a single post since... i tend to type a lot of crap. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
I would love to do this challenge!

Username: DaNewbInTown
Game and Progress: Pl(0/8)
Game Type: Single
Game Mode: Mixed

I'm adding extra restrictions to my version of this challenge:

THE NUZLOCKE RULES
NO POKEMON SHALL HAVE LEVELS ABOVE NEXT GYM LEADER'S HIGHEST-LEVELED POKEMON (If they are, release them.)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Nuzlocke, nice. That's gotta be tough. Looking forward to your run!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Locked on owner's request. If someone wants to take over, they're free to PM me about it.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back