• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axaj

Mi estas tre epiko.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 4, 2010
alright I guess I'll go with fire red, but how can I enter custom music like the first pokemon theme song, also is there a way I can enter custom music?

There's a utility in the toolbox.

natu133

Belive It!
Years
ok found it.

Does anyone know these ones now?
Hero and Heroine Gender Select Sprite
"" Battle Sprites (back view)

Thats all i need right now :3
Thank You!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
In R/S/E you can change the battle sprites with unlz gba.
In FR/LG you have to search those sprites with a tileviewer because the battle spites are uncompressed.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
if i need to find out a script that says

goto #hexoffset (ABC123 for example)

what i've to look for in the hex editor? how a goto+offset is written in hex?

Axaj

Mi estas tre epiko.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 4, 2010
What is the hex offset for the world map in firered?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
i dont really know if i should ask this ( or if Im even allowed to) but
can someone give me a picture of suicune in the same format as Charizard at the start of Fire Red. Like you'll see it when you start the game?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2007
when using Cyclon to change the world map, if you change where the cities and towns are, what effect will that have, like on flying or scrolling over things to see their names?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
[noob]How do i index a oW pallletss and maked them workk!!!11one!!!???!!eleven?!?[/noob]

[NormalQuestion] How do I index an OverWorld and its palletes?
And how do I make them work?[/NQ]

Thanks ^_^

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
[noob]How do i index a oW pallletss and maked them workk!!!11one!!!???!!eleven?!?[/noob]

[NormalQuestion] How do I index an OverWorld and its palletes?
And how do I make them work?[/NQ]

Thanks ^_^
Just make them the same size as the original sprite your overwriting, in OWE
You have to click import, then load the sprite. Check the 'import sprite' and the 'import palette' command.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Does anyone know the palette offsets for the FR/LG Heros, i'm not that much of an expert :P.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Does anyone know the palette offsets for the FR/LG Heros, i'm not that much of an expert :P.

Get a sprite of the Hero and then Insert all the colors in APE with the color picker. Then you search the palette. Simple as that. You might want to experement around if you don't understand.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
As cooley say, but use a clean rom and try every offset and write down teh correkt one.
Well, APE cant find all palettes, use a Hex Editor.

Sorry but that's wrong. But since I could be proven wrong, I'd like a proof of that.

when using Cyclon to change the world map, if you change where the cities and towns are, what effect will that have, like on flying or scrolling over things to see their names?

No other effects.

Get a sprite of the Hero and then Insert all the colors in APE with the color picker. Then you search the palette. Simple as that. You might want to experement around if you don't understand.

Instead of using the colorpicker it would be much easier (and faster as well) to just import the palette used by the sprite and then search it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2007
I added an extra part of the cave of origin in sootopolis city but when I enter the cave(my character is facing down for some reason and it won't let me leave the cave. I have all the warp numbers right and stuff but I can't seem to find the problem. I've attached two pics the first is what the outside of the cave looks like(if it even matters) and the second is the inside what it looks like right when I was warped in(facing down idk why). Can someone help me please?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I added an extra part of the cave of origin in sootopolis city but when I enter the cave(my character is facing down for some reason and it won't let me leave the cave. I have all the warp numbers right and stuff but I can't seem to find the problem.

I haven't really checked but I think the problem comes from the level script. Try to remove/edit it and see what happens then.

So, that means i can change where the cities are on the world map and it wouldn't change how it works when playing the game...like while viewing the map and flying?

Yes, that's what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back