• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Dear Coolboyman,

No one reads the manual. Likewise, no one reads the readme (it's like a manual, but digital). You really shouldn't get mad about it. We need that extra minute to enjoy your game.

Sincerely,
WhateverusernameImadeforthisforum

Is there anything to do after the fourth gym?

Really? I always read every "readme" from anything I get. Am I the only one who does or are you the only one that doesn't?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How often does this gamegive viruses? I watched nickmatt07's Prism walkthrough and i want to download this so bad

No one ever reported that this has a virus, nor do I.
If you wish to download it, then do so. ;)

Really? I always read every "readme" from anything I get. Am I the only one who does or are you the only one that doesn't?

I only read the readme file if the owner urges the players to do so... :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2011
does anyone know where i could procure some pick axes so as to further enjoy the wonderful game that is prism?

Years
Go to the town right near where you get the badge you need to use cut, then go into the "family owned" hotel, and talk to one of the 2 guys (there is a women there too, but as i said, talk to one of the GUYS), and they will sell picks to you at a ridiculous price. Just be prepared to lose all your money, once you get it, as it is SOOOOO addicting.

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
Years
I really liked this game! I bought an r4 and that gba emulator thing for the ds in `09 and my friend downloaded about...6 (pokemon)hacks and this was one of em. And This is the best 8 bit i have ever played!!! Also,Do i just google the title to find it?

Trainer-Ken

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
KBM, I wanna ask something, what will Brown and Mura's teams be in Prism? In rijonAdventures Tim said that Brown's starter was Charmander so I guess he'll have a Charizard, and since you get a Porygon from a guy in Brown I'll guess he'll have a Porygon-Z. About Mura, since Brown has a Charizard I guess Mura has a Blastoise and his team related to that (Dodrio, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Leafeon, Weezing) Please answer me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
KBM, I wanna ask something, what will Brown and Mura's teams be in Prism? In rijonAdventures Tim said that Brown's starter was Charmander so I guess he'll have a Charizard, and since you get a Porygon from a guy in Brown I'll guess he'll have a Porygon-Z. About Mura, since Brown has a Charizard I guess Mura has a Blastoise and his team related to that (Dodrio, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Leafeon, Weezing) Please answer me.

You'll have to wait until Koolboyman releases Prism up to that point. I suspect that he doesn't want to spoil anything unless he wishes to. I'm curious myself as to what teams they will have, but I'm not in any rush.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
I'm addicted to Pokemon Hacks right now. First 3 I downloaded were Quartz, ChaosBlack, and Prism, and I have to say, its got to be one of the best hacks out there. Great job.

Years
  • Age 31
  • NY
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
I'm addicted to Pokemon Prism. One of the best GBC hacks out there (if not, the best) great scripting, graphics, mapping, and new Pokemon inserting. I especially liked the ability to change the character's overworld sprite.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Just letting you all know that Prism is back in production after an almost half a year hiatus. Just got motivated again for whatever reason.

I have other bigger projects (Non pokemon and non hacking related, but game development related) I'm working on, but I'll make sure that I FINISH Prism one day. I've put far too much work on it to just abandon it. There's no release date, just a notice that there are things getting done for this.

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Thanks for the update CBM. :D We shall be patient, and I am sure we all appreciate all the hard work you put in for a product that is meant to bring us entertainment. ^__^ Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Finaly <3
This is the best GBC hack and i will wait even 10 years for release.
Greating and have fun when you will working at the hack

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
I honestly CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! :P
I beleieve it is more than 2 years sinceIi played this hack and I promised myself that I wouldn't re-play it until it is completed!
I suppose my grandchildren will complete my promise one day xD
Keep up the good work KBM ;)

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
I just defeat the first gym trainer and went to the cave.
I dont know that much about hacking but I've played Gold (actually Crystal). And it seems so different. The pokemon, the sprites, everything (and I'm just in the first gym so I think that there will be more things to see) is literally amazing.
Really a great job. This is the only game that makes me actually want to hack-rom myself, altough I probably wont do it because it must be really hard.

Absolutely enjoying it. Seriously, GREAT work. ;)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2011
Hi all :)

Just read through the majority of this thread, and it's been interesting to see the process of Prism's creation from the very start, even though I only began playing it 2 months ago!

It is the best hack I have seen, yet I am worried that it will be too graphically outdated to receive the attention it deserves unless it is finished SOON. (Saying that, Crystal is my favourite Pokemon game of all time).

Coolboyman claims on his Twitter that he has just lost his job due to cutbacks - that's a shame, but he may end up using his time making Prism! Who knows!

Let's hope another update is released soon as there hasn't been one in ages! Everyone spread the word and let's get this thing finished and noticed! :)

P.S. Coolboyman, why not find a fellow hacker who you know well to help you finish this? It'd make it a lot quicker...

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2011
P.S. Coolboyman, why not find a fellow hacker who you know well to help you finish this? It'd make it a lot quicker...

Because to be honest, I don't think coolboyman cares how impatient people are as he makes this hack. And plus, I really don't think he needs any help. I think he's doing a perfect job as it is.

Oh, and I just like to say that I haven't been playing prism in months, and I still have the music stuck in my head, especially that tune from that pokemon only quest where you have to rescue Totodile.

Keep up the work, Coolboyman. I'm willing to wait 2 and half more years from NOW for the next Beta release as long as what comes up next is just as good as everything else so far.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
Haha just finished the most recent beta. now im finding myself grinding my team eager for the next release.. tho by the looks of things. my pokes will be level 100 by the time its released :P

Back