• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Childhood Career Goals?

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I wanted to be a vet, but I wouldn't want to be responsible of a cute animals life, have it die and be like "I'm sorry but your ____ passed away" too sad, now I want to be a programmer and artist ;)

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I wanted to be a scientist and a veterinarian. I don't believe I have it in me to be either (too lazy to study, to emotional to deal with hurt animals). The only real thing stopping me is myself, clearly. Anyway I've settled for teaching (a calling I've tried to avoid for a long time) while being interested in pursuing a million other career paths but never doing anything to get the ball rolling.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
When I was a very small child I wanted to be a policeman just like my Dad. That didn't last long... I think I thought I had to be a cop because he was and that was just how the world worked lmao.

When I grew up a bit I wanted to be a teacher, because that was the only profession I really saw happening day-to-day and I really respected most of my teachers. That ended when I was 14 and I decided I really hate kids :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
When I was younger, I reeeeeeeeally wanted to be an actor. Well, I actually wanted to be George of the Jungle, but then my parents told me he wasn't real and was just played by an actor. Far from shattering my prepubescent dreams, it just emboldened my acting desires even more. It was the drama group I attended after school that quashed any desire I had to go into acting; I wasn't bad, but I just really didn't like the group or the people running it all that much, and it must have had an effect on me. I've never really considered taking it up again, and I'm very content in my current jobm thank you very much.

Back