• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Name : Rhytham[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Two Jhoto Pokemon Partners : Totodile, Hotwoot [/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?

This is a really tough one because of how many amazing ones that there are to choose from. However, if I had to pick one it would probably be Heracross. While Yamna and Crobat are my 2 favorite from the region, I really love Heracross as well. I think it would be a really amazing Pokemon to have if I could only choose one because not only does it look completely badass but it is also insanely powerful. It would be an amazing companion and even a great protector.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita ? I don't know well i like them both but i think totodile is too cute and cool i like Totodile much then Chikorita but i also like Chikorita, Chikorita is too sweet and when it grows up it look like kinda a Dinosaur but its great at all. And Totodile when it evolve it really look like a Alligator huh huh Alligator it kind remind me Freligator Huh haa haa {XD}

Years
Welcome to the club, guys! Members members members! :)

What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita?

Totodile is so much more useful sadly, especially since a lot of gyms resisted grass types in the second gen. We had Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine, Clair.. which is a huge chunk, being half of the gym leaders. I love her a lot, though, but Totodile was a lot more useful. He got Surf and Ice Punch which destroyed almost everything. :D

But design-wise, I definitely go for Chikorita. It's really adorable and pulled me in the moment I saw it.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Hey guys do you know the names of the E4 of gold,

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names ) :)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names ) :)

The names, in order, are Will (Psychic), Koga (Poison), Bruno (Fighting) and Karen (Dark), same as in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I find that when I played Gold and Crystal, Koga gave me the most trouble because I didn't know Poisons weakness. In Gen 4 remakes I found Bruno to be the hardest because he was always faster than my Pokemon. I think that if you stole Will's team you could take in the whole E4 of Johto will little trouble except for Karen.

Years

Water Gym Leader already answered your questions, but as far as my favorite E4... hmmm. Will was actually really cool to me design-wise. Karen was another great member and I really loved her personality! Though I still wish her team was more made up of dark Pokemon, like the inclusion of Sneasel (or Weavile in HG/SS) for example. That would have brought her to 4 dark types on her team rather than keeping around that odd Vileplume, which I personally felt was the most out of place.

Not counting Lance she probably is also the hardest. :3

BroChickaBowWow

mlg uber rng shop coming soon!
Years
Name: BroChickaBowWow (Nick)
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): chikarita , pichu
Answer a topic! First Game? gold <3 oh the memories i remember when i picked up that game. chikarita was my starter. :D i love that pkmn

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Name: krabbypatz93 :p
Partners: Quilava and Steelix

1. What was the first Johto game you played?
The first Johto game I ever played was Silver, but I got it in the package with Gold so I started a journey on both the same day. Cyndaquil in Gold and Chikorita in Silver, I still remember to this day what a fine Typhlosion that Cyndaquil became.

2. What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
Aipom. I like it because it's kind of an odd ball, just like me :p

3. When did you first start loving Johto?
The minute I stepped foot in New Bark Town, and it just got better from there.

4. If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
Enti. It was the first Johto legendary Pokemon I ever ran into, and I remember being mystified by it. That would be so dope to roll around on an Enti!

Years
5. Do you have any favorite fanart images of Johto Pokemon you like? Share them with us!

This one right there:

50b53592c00df5b6cd9a3c54f7db1e0c-d4ni211.png

I have it as my avatar all over the place :P

What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita?

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Totodile. It's soo freaking adorable and then it turns into this hunchbacked freak. I even liked using it back in the old days when STAB was horrible due to its physical strength being better than its special.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita ?

chikorita hands down. It has the most adorable design ever. unfortuanty though it has a terrible movepool in comparison too totodile but that matters none whatsoever.
so competitively totodile is amazing
design wise chikorita is kawaii to the max.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita ?
Why only Totodile and Chikorita? I know that Cyndaquil is quite the fan-favourite of this generation, but I don't think it should be left out :p Unless it was to compare the two underdogs, in which case I don't really see Totodile as an underdog. Chikorita is the only one that has really gotten blatant hate out of the three, and it's not because it's really a bad Pokemon, but more because of how badly its typing matches up with the gyms of the region, being weak to 3 of the gym types. Between the two, I'm going with Totodile though, mainly because of the reason above. I really love Chikorita design-wise, but I've always been pretty reliant on my starter Pokemon, so I've just never really been up for the challenge of using Chikorita. I think I may have gone through the game with Chikorita once, but I think that's pretty much why I never chose it again. And the spot for my favourite has just always pretty much been between Totodile and Cyndaquil, as they're both awesome, both design-wise and when it comes to battling. I can easily say that the second generation has some of my favourite starters, but then again, that may just be bias. I've just always like them though :p

I'm gonna be totally honest here, despite my love for the second generation, I've never found the E4 to be specifically memorable, and could only remember the reappearing characters from the originals when playing through my brother's gold again a few years after my friend lost my Gold, so Will and Karen are totally out of the question when it comes to favourites :p

But yeah, my favourite E4 member is definitely Bruno, and that goes for both generation 1 and generation 2. I don't know what it is about him, but I've always found him to be pretty cool. I think part of it is for the fact that I actually thought he was the one you got Tyrogue from, and as such felt like he was more involved with the character, and I guess just because I liked his team so much. Overall, I don't really have much of a specific reason for why I like him, I've just always felt like he was pretty chill :p Oh, and I definitely started liking his character after reading through the first arc of the Pokemon Adventures manga, (SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read it and plans to sometime :p)
Spoiler:

As for the one I found to be the hardest, I guess it would have to be Koga. The Johto E4 wasn't really that hard, and the only one I ever really had problems with was Lance, solely because of the fact that I had no idea what Dragon was weak to, and only knew that his Gyarados and Dragonites were weak to Electric type moves. Thankfully that was half his team. But yeah, Koga. I honestly don't remember why I had such a hard time beating him, but I'm pretty sure it was just that darn Muk. I just remember I've always hated Koga, and I honestly wasn't happy he was promoted to E4 member xD

As for which E4 member would have the best chance of beating the others, I reckon Will, just because he has an edge on Koga and Bruno with his Psychic types, but Karen might be able to wreck him. Either way, as I said, I never found the Johto E4 to be that memorable, so don't really have much input on that :p

Years
Haha, oddly enough Koga is always the one I have least trouble with. When I go in I almost always have something that works well against a majority of his Pokemon.. though I do remember having problems dealing with his Muk since it abuses Minimize. Bruno's Machamp and its Rock Slide/Cross Chop isn't exactly pleasant, either. :(

Olli

Years
Yeahh, I may just have mixed up my memories from the first generation games and the second generation ones, as I'm certain I always had a hard time beating Koga in both my Blue version and Leafgreen version, but in all honesty, I wasn't very educated on the type chart, and barely knew what types certain Pokemon were at times, so my strategies usually consisted of stocking up on revives and potions, spamming certain moves I knew would do a decent amount of damage, and then hoping for the best. Through trial and error I'd learn which moves were good against certain Pokemon, and eventually be successful in beating the E4, only to repeat the process next time I went to face them :p Thank God they weren't all that hard ;)

But yeah, sadly, like I said, I've never really found the Johto E4 to be that memorable, but considering I haven't played through a second generation game for quite some time, I'm not sure if that'd really apply anymore. I was kinda ignorant to a lot of the characters and story elements of the games back when I was younger, which I guess is why I feel that way about the E4. Really need to get Heartgold or Soulsilver ;p

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Why only Totodile and Chikorita? I know that Cyndaquil is quite the fan-favourite of this generation, but I don't think it should be left out :p Unless it was to compare the two underdogs, in which case I don't really see Totodile as an underdog. Chikorita is the only one that has really gotten blatant hate out of the three, and it's not because it's really a bad Pokemon, but more because of how badly its typing matches up with the gyms of the region, being weak to 3 of the gym types. Between the two, I'm going with Totodile though, mainly because of the reason above. I really love Chikorita design-wise, but I've always been pretty reliant on my starter Pokemon, so I've just never really been up for the challenge of using Chikorita. I think I may have gone through the game with Chikorita once, but I think that's pretty much why I never chose it again. And the spot for my favourite has just always pretty much been between Totodile and Cyndaquil, as they're both awesome, both design-wise and when it comes to battling. I can easily say that the second generation has some of my favourite starters, but then again, that may just be bias. I've just always like them though :p

I'm gonna be totally honest here, despite my love for the second generation, I've never found the E4 to be specifically memorable, and could only remember the reappearing characters from the originals when playing through my brother's gold again a few years after my friend lost my Gold, so Will and Karen are totally out of the question when it comes to favourites :p

But yeah, my favourite E4 member is definitely Bruno, and that goes for both generation 1 and generation 2. I don't know what it is about him, but I've always found him to be pretty cool. I think part of it is for the fact that I actually thought he was the one you got Tyrogue from, and as such felt like he was more involved with the character, and I guess just because I liked his team so much. Overall, I don't really have much of a specific reason for why I like him, I've just always felt like he was pretty chill :p Oh, and I definitely started liking his character after reading through the first arc of the Pokemon Adventures manga, (SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read it and plans to sometime :p)
Spoiler:

As for the one I found to be the hardest, I guess it would have to be Koga. The Johto E4 wasn't really that hard, and the only one I ever really had problems with was Lance, solely because of the fact that I had no idea what Dragon was weak to, and only knew that his Gyarados and Dragonites were weak to Electric type moves. Thankfully that was half his team. But yeah, Koga. I honestly don't remember why I had such a hard time beating him, but I'm pretty sure it was just that darn Muk. I just remember I've always hated Koga, and I honestly wasn't happy he was promoted to E4 member xD

As for which E4 member would have the best chance of beating the others, I reckon Will, just because he has an edge on Koga and Bruno with his Psychic types, but Karen might be able to wreck him. Either way, as I said, I never found the Johto E4 to be that memorable, so don't really have much input on that :p

GUYS GUYS you know maybe all of us have common mind about E4

I always find Koga very hard i always need atleast 20 heal reviveing medicine And atleast 10 stat heal and yeah Cyndaquil isn't bad through :) And Bruno's rock type pokemon are great i like him too but my favorite in GEN II is him and in GEN III steven.

Originally Posted by xseed : chikorita hands down. It has the most adorable design ever. unfortuanty though it has a terrible movepool in comparison too totodile but that matters none whatsoever.
so competitively totodile is amazing
design wise chikorita is kawaii to the max.

Yeah your right but Don't go to Moveset okay :) and totodile is always great and best for me !

originally Posted by Crino : Water Gym Leader already answered your questions, but as far as my favorite E4... hmmm. Will was actually really cool to me design-wise. Karen was another great member and I really loved her personality! Though I still wish her team was more made up of dark Pokemon, like the inclusion of Sneasel (or Weavile in HG/SS) for example. That would have brought her to 4 dark types on her team rather than keeping around that odd Vileplume, which I personally felt was the most out of place.

Not counting Lance she probably is also the hardest. :3

Yeah agree you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhytham View Post

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names )
The names, in order, are Will (Psychic), Koga (Poison), Bruno (Fighting) and Karen (Dark), same as in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I find that when I played Gold and Crystal, Koga gave me the most trouble because I didn't know Poisons weakness. In Gen 4 remakes I found Bruno to be the hardest because he was always faster than my Pokemon. I think that if you stole Will's team you could take in the whole E4 of Johto will little trouble except for Karen.

Yeah Koga is always hard for me in Gold and Crystal. His Poison Pokemon are strong and i also didn't knew the weakness of it.

Years
Will was definitely the easiest for me and I was usually able to take out all or most of his Pokemon in one hit. The others gave me some trouble along the way, but never too much! Mostly it was just Koga's Muk, Bruno's Machamp, and Karen's.. Houndoom, was it?

Anyways, time for a new topic. :D

What do you guys think of the Johto starters? Who is your favorite from the group?

Olli

Years
What do you guys think of the Johto starters? Who is your favorite from the group?

I remember my answer to this topic from waaay back in last second generation club, was that it was without a doubt Cyndaquil. Although honestly, that is not at all true. It's not as though I dislike Chikorita, but Totodile and Cyndaquil have always really been in competition for my top favourite starter of that generation, which mainly stems from how I was always fluctuating between, with a small preference to Cyndaquil however. And that's also pretty much the only reason Cyndaquil gets the edge on Totodile. I've always preferred Typhlosion in battle, since I was a huge Fire type fanatic back in the day, and generally loved its movepool and the fact that it never really seemed to let me down. Feraligatr was also great, but it just wasn't quite in the same reach as Typhlosion, at least not in my opinion, but I may just be biased from the fact that Cyndaquil was my first starter of that region :p

Design-wise however, I do prefer Totodile. In fact, Cyndaquil is actually my least favourite of the three when it comes to design. What I like about both the Totodile and the Chikorita family, is how they're designed with such joyful colours, and it's one of the things that makes Feraligatr less intimidating to be honest. With the Totodile family sporting a dominant light blue colour with red spikes and a few yellow-ish spots here and there depending on the stage. And although I find Chikorita to be a bit bland, considering there isn't much variety to its colours, I seriously love what the flower does to Meganium. I don't know why exactly, but I feel like it just adds so much to design, and I still find the green colour to be quite bland, it's mainly just the "repetitiveness" that kinda makes it dull to look at. But yeah, while I still really like the Cyndaqul family's design, the colours just never really stood out as much as the other two's, and, well, that obviously puts it at the bottom :p

I also really liked Totodile in the anime, just because it felt like one of the more defined characters. Like, it was really energetic and mischievous a lot of the time, but would still go far to win its battles for Ash, and that's kind of one of the reasons I really liked that he didn't evolve it, because I feel like it would only really fit Totodile, because it certainly also looks like such a character. I don't remember much of the Johto anime though, so can't really say much more about that :p

But yeah, in the end Cyndaquil is still my favourite. I can't really help but feel that way, considering all of the times I've used Cyndaquil. The times when I cloned it to get a party of 6 Typhlosions becausen one of my friends could ever beat those for some reason ;') Sorry Totodile! You were close, but not close enough :(

Years
Totodile was my favorite design-wise for the longest time. He's cute and even a bit charming with how he dances around, especially in the anime. So far he's my absolute favorite water starter and it doesn't seem like anything will take that rank away. Croconaw took a while to get used to but eventually its whole line had grown on me so much and I'd used it many, many times during my many G/S/C replays. So I totally agree with you!

The question of my favorite Johto starter itself is tough to answer, though. I'm a huge fan of all 3.. so much that it's hard to pick one. Cyndaquil was my very first starter and had served me well through my first playthrough of Silver. But once I saw Chikorita in the anime something just clicked and it's been my favorite since.. might be because of her cuteness but the design itself is really appealing to me and continues to be as she evolves.

Years
Things have been a little stagnant here lately so I figured I'd add another topic. Definitely feel free to answer the previous one if you haven't yet.. most of you haven't since there's only been one reply to it, so go on! You know you want to.

Anyways, onwards to the new topic!

Which of the gym leaders introduced in Johto were your favorites and why?

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hello :)

Name: Pokemount, can call me Brendan.
Partners: Tyranitar and Scizor.

Which of the gym leaders introduced in Johto were your favorites and why?
Probably Clair. Dragon is one of my favorite types, and she could be a pretty tough leader if you didn't have an ice or dragon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back