• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dice Madness Challenge

Years
I was looking for some new challenges and since I couldn't decide neither what game to play nor which challange to do, I came up with a thread on zetaboards, the: "Don Ravioli's Dice Madness".
Of course this idea was not mine and credits are given to:
[S-HIGHLIGHT]4chan's , Don Ravioli, Doesntknohowtoplay, Lunaroc, Littlebattler, Quote, Kahkori, Myriads of the Light, Taprus_Form, Lightmaster, Zeta Kaguya and to Sylvie and Chorpsaway for the images on the Zetaboards community. [/S-HIGHLIGHT]They're also written on the rules' grid.
I'm sorry if my English is bad but I live in Italy and have always been here so I'm not that practical.

Rules:
1) I will roll a RNG between 0 and 9 two times. It will give you an additional rule to play with, according to a game grid being made specially for this challenge(note that this has been made to be a nuzlocke but you can obviously keep it as a normal game).
2)I will then roll another time between 1 and 40(41 if you have/can play x or y). It will give you the game to play.(Note that you will probably end up playing a hack if you don't know where to download it contact me and I'll give you every possible Link).
3)The challenge is over as usual when you beat the champion in every game(except for Red in Johto games and Ghetsis in BW).
4)You must have at least 2 Pokémon in your Final Team if it is not specified how many pokémon you have to have.
5)Legends aren't allowed except for some of the rules.
6)HM Slave can be used.
7)There are 100 rules on the grid 5-6 of them cannot be played as they have been made solely for Nuzlocke purpose, if you're not doing a nuzlocke, I'll replace them with a couple of mine I added.
8)I will explain rules on the grid if you don't understand it.
9)If the rule is not compatible with the game I'll re-roll the game
10)I like to see screenshots, if you can make them, I'd love it :).

Sign-Up Format:
Forum User Name:
Nuzlocke(Y/N):
Own X/Y?(Y/N):

My Signup:
Forum User Name: kirax7
Nuzlocke:N
Own X/Y:N

Grid:
Spoiler:

Game List:
Spoiler:

List of Challengers:
Spoiler:

List of Nuzlocke Challengers:
Spoiler:

List of Champions:
Spoiler:

List of Nuzlocke Champions:
Spoiler:

Failed Nuzlockes:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Forum User Name: KoboraX
Nuzlocke(Y/N): Not this time. Just wanna give this a try first before I consider doing a Nuzlocke run
Own X/Y?(Y/N): I own Y, but I'm not restarting it.

Years
I cannot find the list of only gen 1 moves ... But I will try to find that hack that hopefully works.. If you know where to find the list of gen 1 moves please let me know (I searched on google but nothing came up)

Years
And I completed my challenge ^^

Here is the hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Let me explain why I used the team that I used. First of all I like to have variety in my teams and I like to have team completed as soon as possible.

Starter: Starter choices were: Snivy, Torchick and Piplup. I like them all but first of all - snivy is my favourite starter from all gens, Blaziken is kinda overpowered for me so it wouldn't be much of a challenge using him and I've used piplup in waay too many challenges lately.

Starly - I chose to use Starly in my team because it's flying/normal type with cool moveset that was kinda limited- but staraptor still became one of my main team members.

Shellos/Gastrodon. I chose this one because Shellos is one of my favourite fourth gen Pokemon. It's also one of my favourite water types. I love it's design and I love it's movepool and typing- she also saved me from a lot of tough situations.

Riolu/Lucario - I chose to use them because Lucario is my number one favourite Pokemon from all gens - and Riolu is close behind him. I love Lucario's typing and I love his movepool even though he didn't manage to get all that good moveset. I also found his shiny version while grinding on victory road but I obviously couldn't use it because of it's movepool :/ Ohwell maybe next time D:

Stoutland- I needed a tank in my team so I chose her- She was a good teammember although she could be better with better movepool to choose from.

Darmanitan- I didn't plan on using her at all - Than I noticed that there are a lot of wild riolus scattered around the region so I thought that there will also be a lot of Lucarios - So I was really lucky to choose to use Darmanitan in my team - I mean one of the gym leaders was even steel type in the end! Darmanitan also became my main and strongest team member because when all the rest of my team members fainted she would stand strong. She was my power house -she could take a lot of hits but she could also hit back quite fast and tough.

Final team:

423-east.gif

Shelly|Female|Quirky Nature|Sticky Hold|Lvl 66
Surf
Earthquake
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

508.gif

Melly|Female|Brave Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 65
Strength
Surf
Double-Edge
Bite

448.gif

Anubis|Male|Adamant Nature|Inner Focus|Lvl 66
Low Kick
Bite
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

398f.gif

Starlia|Female|Quirky Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 65
Take Down
Double-Edge
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

555.gif

Glea|Female|Naughty Nature|Hustle|Lvl 70
Strength
Fire Punch
Psychic
Headbutt

497.gif

Snape|Male|Hardy Nature|Limber|Lvl 65
Tackle
Cut
Mega Drain
Leech Seed

Now for the new sign-up:

Forum User Name: AoTora
Nuzlocke(Y/N): Not just yet - But maybe next time- Depends on what kinda challenge I get next.
Own X/Y?(Y/N): Nope.

Oh yeah here are some more game suggestions if you want to go through them and add them on the list: Flora Sky (Both versions), Light Platinum, Bloody Platinum, FireRed backwards, Ash Gray, Liquid Crystal, Shiny gold, Shiny gold X and Victory Fire ^^

Last edited:
Years
@AoTora I'm glad you like these challanges :D your new challenge is on the list :)
as for some games you named, some of them are already on the list like Victory Fire and FireRed Backwards(named DerErif)

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Sounds curious! I want give it a whirl.

Forum User Name: BlueShellBeast
Nuzlocke(Y/N): Yes
Own X/Y?(Y/N): Lost my challenge copy, so no for now.

Kratos184

pokémon heart gold is cool
Years
I'm willing to participate but I want to choose my own game, since I was gonna play a nuzlocke run on ruby anyway I would like to do this challenge with that game. I hope that's okay with you.

Sign-Up Format:
Forum User Name: kratos184
Nuzlocke(Y/N): Y
Own X/Y?(Y/N): See above

Years
Kratos 184 an BlueShellBeast both of you are on the list of nuzlocke challengers :)

I have conquered the Third Badge in my challange in the meantime I'll post images whenever I have the time xD

Years
since you're doing a nuzlocke run you must catch the first pokèmon that isn't the same type of a Pokèmon in your team.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 19, 2021
Forum User Name: Sp1at
Nuzlocke(Y/N): N
Own X/Y?(Y/N): N

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 19, 2021
Kk but first I'd like a clarification on how the rolling works

Edit:nvm got it

Last edited:
Years
Finished green monocolor on FireRed Omega :)

The awesome hall of fame:

Spoiler:

And final team:

178f.gif

Erina|Female|Careful Nature|Early Bird|Lvl 71|
Extrasensory
Fly
Psychic
Calm Mind

332f.gif

Cactor|Male|Calm Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 70
Needle Arm