• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Haven III: The Legacy [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My first ice type I cared about for its type is Cryognal. I used it to defeat the Dragon type gym, because Haxorus was killing my team very badly.
Oo interesting, how was Cryogonal to use? It's something I've never really considered using based on it's appearance so I'd love to know if it's any good/worth using :3

I agree. It's not a beard, otherwise it'd be located closer to Articuno's beak. It's just chest plumage.
Okay yeah I've gone back and looked at Aricuno's sprites and I admit, I have no idea where the beard thing came from lmao. It looks nothing like a beard at all xD I seem to remember in one generation (I think HG?) Articuno looked incredibly old and therefore I assumed it was a beard, but maybe I'm just going crazy haha. But after reviewing it's sprites, I take back what I said and I agree that it's an incredibly well designed Pokémon! It's so beautiful and elegant and looks like it has huge power :3 Welcome to the club btw n.n

droomph

weeb
Years
Oo interesting, how was Cryogonal to use? It's something I've never really considered using based on it's appearance so I'd love to know if it's any good/worth using :3
Lol it's most likely not that great for anything but it's the only ice-type I could find in Unova so I went with that :F

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

What's your favorite moment in the fandom that involves an ice-type?

lrn2answrtopix

Hmmmmmm... I think this is a very easy choice for me, it's definitely the moment where Ash encounters the Snover just before reaching Snowpoint City. That Pokémon is adorable and seeing the way it uses it moves was very cool; plus it's berries sounded yummy! It was really nice seeing the ending to that episode where the lonely Snover got to stay behind with the kids at the pre-school, but I was hoping that it'd join Ash's team since that'd be a really cool Pokémon for him to use! But yeah, it was an utterly adorable episode due to Snover and it really made me love the Pokémon :D

droomph

weeb
Years
hm

Hey guys, I'm getting pretty busy lately, so just to note here that if you want to try to take over the club, just contact Olli or Ozzy!

Love you all! <3

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
Name: Arcana
W-what do you want from me!?: To gobble you up, then spit out your bones. Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I really love ice type pokemon, they've been my favorite since forever.
My buddy Articuno, I'll call you [Snowy]!

Probably when Ash encounters Lapras. I've always loved that moment,and found it adorable, especially since I've always adored Lapras. She was the first ice type I ever used in Red.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Arcana
W-what do you want from me!?: To gobble you up, then spit out your bones. Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I really love ice type pokemon, they've been my favorite since forever.
My buddy Articuno, I'll call you [Snowy]!

Probably when Ash encounters Lapras. I've always loved that moment,and found it adorable, especially since I've always adored Lapras. She was the first ice type I ever used in Red.

Welcome! I loved that moment too, it was so interesting watching Ash encounter such a rare and powerful Pokémon. I was really surprised when it joined his team though, I didn't expect him to get such a cool Pokémon haha. So why do you love Ice type Pokémon so much? And what made you choose Articuno as your partner? It's a cool Pokémon, especially in the Power of One movie, so I can understand your choice! Anyway, since the owner's not running the club any more I'll add you to the members list on his behalf now. :)

Okaay guys, let's have a new topic in here! :D

Which do you think is the most unique Ice type Pokémon and why?

Personally the Pokémon that instantly came to my head was Froslass. Ice/Ghost is an incredibly surprising type combination and the Pokémon's back story is... different, to say the least haha. There's not many Pokémon that are fabled to come from the ghosts of dead humans so I think that definitely makes it one heck of a unique Pokémon. I'd also go with Snover/Abomasnow based solely on their typing (Grass and Ice are two types that I honestly never thought would go together before Gen IV :p), but the actual designs aren't that surprising so I think Froslass wins. :D

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
Oh, I thought I'd added that. I don't know why really, I just saw ice types and fell in love with them. I'll blame it on the fact that I'm in the snow six months out of the year, at least I used to be. I used to live in Northern Quebec, so there was a lot of snow.
As for Articuno, I've always loved it. I always loved the design, and the Power of One movie made me adore it even more. I just love the tail.

And the battle between Articuno and Charizard is a close second for favorite moment in the fandom. I actually liked Ash during the Battle Frontier Season. He was an amazing trainer there. There, and during Sinnoh.

Froslass and Articuno. Both of them due to their typings. Rarely are things apart from dark or poison are pairing with ghost, so ice makes it unique. Plus, I always thought they were beautiful. I used one during my first Platinum playthrough. Articuno, well, as I said... the typing is unique, flying & ice, considering ice usually freezes flying, and the tail. I'll admit the tail has something to do with it. Haha, I just love Articuno's pretty tail.

Years
Name: Chandera
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice-types, I was blown here by a blizzard...
My buddy Glaceon, I'll call you Frost!
Answer the current topic!
Which Ice-type is the most unique:
Froslass-I mean it's story is unique itself:A woman that was lost in icy mountains. And she is still a motherly figure, that will protect her youth by any cost...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

I would have to say Articuno because of it's design. It's one of my favorite legends too. It's unique to me because it's a bird design but yet it's an Ice typing. Idk exactly how, but somehow I find that unique and cool at the same time.

Welcome to the club Chandera! I love also Glaceon. :)

Reactions: EB
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sorry guys, going to have to close this thread due to owner's request and no one wishing to take over as owner. D: Ice types are wonderful though so another Ice type club in the future would be great to see if anyone wants to make one <3

hitmoshisad.jpg

~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back