• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Grats on all the new shinies guys! :D

But i've got a question.

I'm planning on maybe doing a contest here.

The contest will go like this:

I'll go hunt a random shiny tru RE's on a specific route in Pokémon White or Pokémon SS.
The ones of you who want to participate can guess how many RE's it will take for me to get a random shiny...
The one whose guess is closest to the number of RE's will get the free Shiny!

I'm not starting this competition yet as I would like to know from you guys if this would be a nice competition? If there are any people who want to participate? and if I can post it in this tread?
That sounds pretty cool, actually o:
it makes things more interesting as you near predicted numbers :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Thanks ;)

I could also go for the masuda method as a contest...Then i can give the 2th and 3th closest "guess" a pokémon with the best nature/iv's.

And then you just have to guess the number of eggs :)

Or I could do both(RE and MM) of them as a contest ;)

Last edited:

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
7k RE for nidoran and no shiny yet omg:(. What a pain in the *beep* lol xD. I do hope my signature shows, TSE did such a nice job on it I'd feel awful if it doesn't show up lol. Then again I can be too noob to do it haha.

Anyway I hope tomorrow I'll manage to do another 500 RE at least. Good luck to every hunter here;)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Thanks ;)

I could also go for the masuda method as a contest...Then i can give the 2th and 3th closest "guess" a pokémon with the best nature/iv's.

And then you just have to guess the number of eggs :)

Or I could do both(RE and MM) of them as a contest ;)
Sounds like a lot of work on your part, but it definitely sounds fun! * w*

@Jan: d;
I tried REing a Zigzagoon and stopped at about 2k.
7k is a lot and not getting anything sounds painful </3
don't give up~!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've been slacking off with shiny hunting- my time has been occupied with competitive battling on PC's Showdown Server.

I think my next hunt will be either Gastly or male Nidoran. I've always loved shiny Voltorb, but I'm worried that if I chain for one during a swarm, it will just off itself before I have a chance to catch it. Maybe I'll keep a Pokemon with hypnosis around for that purpose.

Years
Now at 5000 REs for the 2nd shiny of my heartgold Badge quest(mareep) if it goes over the odds i hope it doesn't go to far over and I'm at day 4 of hunting in ice path for a shiny swinub congrats on the recent shinies and good luck everyone

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Totodile, TSE!

Welcome to the club, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)!

This week's random hunt is... Mime Jr./Mr. Mime!

Years
Thanks for any congrats!^^

Just as a bit of a personal update~
Terribly sorry if I fall behind with keeping the chat updated/keeping you guys updated with my hunts! I have been going through some pretty intense family stuff and am now officially in the process of moving house, so while I will try to hunt as much as possible I'm not sure how much I'll be doing in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I can stay on top of it.

As of now though I am at exactly 2,500 Eevee MM eggs hatched. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I am using 2 systems, and I'm leaving one system on continuously even when I'm not hunting to see if it has an effect like people say it does. The other system I turn on and off at will.
I'll also hopefully have another sync Mew with all these Eevees going in Ranch! XD

EDIT 20th May morning: 2570 Eggs so far...

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
On my day off sick I decided to chain to get a shiny on the route just above the resort area as I didn't feel like SRing for Dialga. After a chain of 41 (the 1 being me getting lucky after a misclick) I found a Shiny Roselia. I don't think my cousin will be too happy as he found 1 on his Sapphire version randomly a few years ago and didn't realize it was Shiny so he defeated it. Anyway I am probably not going to be hunting very much as I have my end of year exams coming up along with that I have a history project on top of other HW and I have my LP's to keep updated.

*Found on 20th May 2013 13:49 PM*

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
TheShinyEevee: Good luck with your Eevee! Btw I've also tried doing that but it doesn't really have an effect... It's just psychological so you think your shiny shined because of that.
Spritingyoshi22: Congrats with your Roselia! Go and troll your cousin with it O:)

I just decided to go for a Pidgey next. I'm just doubting whether to breed it (MM) or encounter it... Nah will know soon.
I should also reclaim my Ponyta soon, thanks for reminding me spritingyoshi22 :) That Roselia reminded me of it. I beated one when I was really small on my Diamond thinking it wasn't special because I used an R4 with cheats on it back then. It is an amazing shiny nonetheless so I should soon :)

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

Years
Still hunting for mareep for my Heartgold Badge quest I'm now @ 5850 will probably get to at least 6400 REs today I've been hunting like crazy and i don't have to go to school tomorrow and thursday and we have a half day wednesday.

As for my swinub hunt now @ day 5 I'm not expecting to get this soon when something shines it shines I won't rush it but I am really serious about this hunt and I won't walk away from it shiny swinubless even if i have to go through 10 golbats/zubats

@TheShinyEeeveee
That hunt sounds crazy I wish you good luck you deserve it ;) I leave my systems on now and then I don't know if that affects anything but good luck!

@pokewalker whatever you decide to do i hope pidgey doesn't troll you for to long good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hello all! My name's Sam, and I'd like to join your club, if that's okay~
c:
I've traded for a few shinies, but it's just not as rewarding as finding them on your own, so I've just begun hunting for shinies myself!
I found my shiny Drifblim and my shiny Lunatone myself, but those were random.
Love them to bits.
:3
My first actual shiny hunt is for a shiny Sneasel, and I'm just trying to hatch one right now.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
(Late) congratulations on the shiny Drifblim. That evolution line has some pretty cool shinies, hmm? [:

I was just browsing through here and noticed the shiny Eevee in Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)'s signature. I had forgotten that you can get an Eevee from Bill. I don't think I have yet on my copy of Soulsilver.

So my next hunt will be SR'ing for a shiny Eevee. I plan to clone it so I can get a shiny of several of its evolutions. [:

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Thanks! Ahh yes, shiny Drifblim's are amazing, I love the color scheme. ^-^ I had never seen one before that point, so I was quite shocked at just how much I loved it~ My hope is to train that one to level 100 at some point. c:

Years
Hey guys I would love to join the club...
At the moment I have no shinies.... Way back I encountered a shiny zigzagoon, but unfortunately my brother reset the game. I have been soft resetting for a shiny regirock somewhere around 2500 times on Black 2, and my next project will most likely be a shiny cyndaquil!

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
hey guys,

Still no Shiny Cobalion and I'm at 2701 SR's. Couldn't play alot tho lately.
As of the competition: I'm still thinking wether i will do MM or RE for it ;)

Does any1 know if there is still a legit way to get mew btw?

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Ok so this was completely unexpected, So I decide to continue hunting for Starly on my Pearl badge quest (2nd day off sick), Then decide I need to use the bathroom and do 1 encounter without looking at my screen, I come back and look at my Pearl screen, I see that it's a Bidoof but notice that its a different colour and scream SHINY (After only 38 REs). I also turned on my 2 Diamond versions before I started recording the video to see if I could get lucky with Dialga, didn't turn out. The badge quest continues as I can't move on to the next badge until I get Starly. I also already have Shiny Bibarel on my Platinum but hey I'm not complaining.

*Found 21st May 2013 at 14:46 PM *

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys, it has been since Christmas when I was last here. I got to find my old post and update it. I haven't played pokemon in a while and slowly starting to get back into it. The only new shiny I have since Christmas is another Shiny Eevee that I got in a trade. I will be coming back here ever so often to update my finds/looking for list. I also evolved my Shiny Dratini into Dragonair and stopping it there, since I do not like Shiny Dragonite.

Current Shiny Pokes:
Spoiler:

With May I will try to get some of May's pokemon, because she is my favorite character in the anime. The following is what I am going to work on breeding.
255.png
265.png
300.png

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I just.... I... wow.... I didn't even know that was freakin possible... I really had to resist flipping my DS out of pure anger.

So I started SRing the living bajeebus out of the platinum piplup because heck yes shiny penguin. I go to reset because after close inspection my piplup was normal.

The same could not be said about my rival's turtwig.

How is this possible?

WHY is this possible!?

I thought it was impossible for the rival's starter to be shiny. I really did. But.... But no. No. There was a shiny effing turtwig staring me down. I just.... I can't guys... I really can't. I'll finish flipping tables in the area and get back to my SRing escapades.

Edit: Ok. It's supposed to not be possible. I guess my game had a minor glitch. A minor. Stupid. glitch. But I'm more hopeful on the "eyes are playing tricks on me why did you stay up half the night SRing you fool" option.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
*A SHINY LDD APPEARS!*

*dodges several Mssterballs tossed at her*

Yeah, I know, you all have GOT to find a way to keep me from wondering off for six months at a time. (Last Visit: October 7th, 2012)

Congratulations to all shinys caught! Hello and welcome to all new members!

I come with a Shiny Update: I've gone through Black and White with no luck, and Black 2 also. Then late last night on my White 2, I finally break the... what is it year(s) long dry spell... it feels like years.

Random Shiny Bouffalant appears!
Okay, here's the rundown.

Bouffalant (Male)
Mild Nature
Caught on Route 23
Level caught: 49
Likes to run.

Stats (A little messed up because without thinking I started feeding it stat improvers.)
HP 162
ATK 133
DEF 93
Sp ATK 67
Sp DEF 110
SpD 78

Ability Sap Sipper

I've never raised a Bouffalant, I wonder how he'll turn out.

So, anyone need me to stick around?

Back