• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh baby

Years
I love kids. I really do and that's one of the biggest motivations for my choice of career (well, future career). Honestly very few things make me happier than working with children and I look forward to having my own some day.

This being said, I'm not such a fan of babies... I'm terrible with them.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I hate every little kid i know.They think that using swear words out loud is something really funny.They even make their own swear words at times and when they come to talk to you they might spit on you or talk about their youknowwhat.I hear all these on daily basis since my home is right next to a park.
That mostly applies to boys but it has recently started to influence girls.

Now babies are cute i guess and i dont care when they cry(i used to do that too after all).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Kids aren't bad really. They're really cute especially babies! But they can get annoying when they crying and screaming and throwing a fit. That's the only time I don't really like them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like being with kids; I often compare my personality to that of a kid, and that makes it easier for me to connect with them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My opinion varies, but I don't do well around young children. That's really only if I don't know or care about them, though. A family friend has two young daughters, and I do fine around them.
Although it's helpful that children won't lie to you in an attempt to seem kind, like other humans do.

I can tolerate some kids, but I want to throw others.

I learned/realized today that I can tolerate children better than I had thought. I seem to be less socially awkward around kids, if anything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Ahaha, Jess. X}

Eeh, I like kids, but they really can be revolting/obnoxious, if their parents have failed at their job.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I don't like babies. They're a pain in the neck. Crying irritates my ears. As for children, it depends on how old. If they're fresh out of infancy, I will avoid them. I take care around kids from 5-10, and by the time they're 11, they usually aren't total brats.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Honestly, it depends on what the child is like.. and what situation it is in. If it is crying because it wants attention and disrupting everything.. then I'm definitely not going to fawn over it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm pretty much a kid myself, but I don't really mind younger kids? As long as their intentions aren't stabbing me in the eye with a colour pencil, or smothering glue all over my hand, or to be a general nuisance, then I'm alright around them. They're quite adorable until you take away something from them and then they start bawling- worst sound I've ever heard. I honestly don't really like babies- they're kinda cute but all the crying they do in shopping centres, makes me feel sorry for the parents and its just so irritating. I can't stand babies to be honest. :p

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm pretty iffy on them. They can be the most hellspawn-like monsters to ever torture your ears/brain, or they can be the most calm, gentle, sweet and innocent creatures to grace you with their presence.

Do they have to be Human babies? Because honestly most other babies are much more tolerable.

Years
I like mine but I hate anybody else's. My daughter's decent for a kid. She may throw a tantrum or two, but they're always at home and she gets tired very easily.

But other kids are demonspawn and I hate them all.

Heh.. This made me laugh.. :P

I have mixed feelings, I do like most kids, I like to play with them and still probably get into the play mood more than they do sometimes cause well.. I'm just a big kid! :3

But then... Oh boy.. There are just some that are just sooo... Bad mannered, loud, rude, rat kids that you just want to yell 'Shut up!' and hold back punches cause 'I can't go to jail again!'.. Like, on my bus, it is just full with little annoying, rude brats that are constantly shouting, hitting, swearing, pushing and insult everyone. I've heard them say some pretty hurtful things, and it's disgusting hearing kids say words I've never even heard until I was like.. 14... And they are like 5 or 6..

Babies can be kinda annoying too though.. With the crying and drooling and crapping and sucking on toys.. But can be cute too though haha. :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Love Asian and black babies, haha. They are just that much cuter. I haven't had any experience, but being as hotheaded as I am, the screaming would most likely drive me mental.

With kids, I can't stand the ones who run around screaming their heads off and touch everything of yours they can find. I guess I don't like anyone touching my things, though. Once again, I find Asian and black children more adorable!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I hate kids. I'm ashamed that I used to be one.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I didn't use to like kids.

Then my older sister got pregnant and gave me my first niece (And probably my only one). She's a little bundle of joy and my family really needed a new family member, if that makes sense? Babies change the dynamic so much. It's insane to watch my sister actually be a mother, rather than an older sister. I got to visit my niece the night she was born, then hold her the next day. I'm already being as good as an Uncle as I can be. She's growing a lot, it's crazy. I'm just trying to get all the visiting time in before I move across country, because I won't really see her for like 4 years (but at least by that time I can take her out to the movies or something)

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
Babies are nice until they start screaming and pulling my hair.
My neighbor's baby scream all night long and it drives me crazy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The screamers are annoying, but often babies and toddlers are fun! I attended a wedding a couple days ago and during the ceremony there was a small 4/5 year old boy constantly running up and down the aisle, stacking up cushions where the bride was about to walk and generally being hilarious (if not a tad annoying!). When it came time for the "I do"'s, the small boy took this as his chance to steal the bride by shouting "YES I DO!!!!!" at the top of his voice, so for this reason alone I love kids. I feel bad for the bride and groom but hey, it's meant to be a celebration right? :D

Sirfetch’d

Kids are great and really fun to be around! They are so cute and always a joy. Yes crying is annoying, but I look past that.

Back