• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
*comes in*
*gasp!*
*starts writing with her hands trembling in excitement*
You're alive again! There has been conversation! Dark Persian's replacement has showed up! Gasp!
*suffers from a severe heart attack*
Right, to the point, then. Full steam ahead! Land ohoy!

How much do you actually read other people's fanfiction?
Seeing as I write a parody based on the common, noobish mistakes of this fandom, suprisingly few. I skip all that seem mediocre and only read the first three chapters of the good ones - or the bad ones, for the matter. I'm not the most patient person, so if the thing doesn't immidiately set my heart into flames, I'm not going to read it. Thus, if someone wants me to read something of theirs, they have to pester me until I feel so guilty I just have to read it.
People should pester me. I love reading.

Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.
Not once, and never will. My version of Pokémon world is completely separate of the world we live in. No exhange between these worlds shall ever be made. Real world products are a no-no in my fics.

What's the climate like in your fanfiction world of Pokemon?
The climate in Voitto is a very Japanese one. They have mountains that are fully covered my snow during winters, it rains a lot and is very, very hot at summers. So, at the mountains it's almost Finland-ish: warm summers, snowy winters and cool around spring and fall. Near the sea level it's really hot at summers, over 30 degrees Celsius, even hotter if you have bad luck, and the temperature doesn't go below zero even at winters. And oh, the amount of rain!
So, my climate is a mix between Helsinki and Osaka ^-^

What is the most completely random title you have ever given to a fic? For what reason did you title your fic this?
Well, none of my fics have had random titles yet. They all have a meaning... The hardest one to figure out would be Secret People, but that's only because the reason for that title comes in so late in the story. I have, however, written an essay with this title:

My relationship to the usage of jet engines in fictional literature​
The title was, of course, in Finnish, but I tried to translate it as well as I could. That was the first essay I wrote in high school. In it, I didn't tell about my relationship to the usage of jet engines in fictional literature, I told about my attitudes towards writing and high school in general. The title was there because I told about a nightmare I had almost ten years ago. In that nightmare, I went to high school and had to write and essay by that title. Back then, I was terrified, but I thought it might be a good joke to actually write something with the title.
I did.
I got top points.

And now, I shall proceed to taking over the world. *bows*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Not as much as I should. Since about six or so months ago, I've been restricting myself to only reading a few selected fics that hold my interest. I don't have the time to wade through the poor to average ones just to find one that is well-written AND holds my interest. You'd be surprised at how few Pokemon fan-fictions feature Buick Centurys or Roadmasters. (Actually, mine only has the former, along with the Electra Estate Wagon)

On that note, I want this car for Christmas. It is so full of win it's almost staggering.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thus, if someone wants me to read something of theirs, they have to pester me until I feel so guilty I just have to read it.
*inserts various types of persuasion for An-chan to read his fic/s* Trust me, you might get a few of those now that you've made the mistake of saying that. :P ;)

Yay, seen of at least half of the tests now. In a week and a half it'll be the Christmas holidays, then I'll defeat any outstanding reviews/betas, and then I shall have time to get on with writing! Hurrah!

I read a fair bit, and all over the place. I tend to restrict myself (purposefully or I simply don't have time anyway) from doing so in busy periods (like now with school), but I'll be reading (and maybe reveiwing) more during the oncoming holidays. Hurrah. :)

Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.
I'm not sure if I have used a real-life product band, although I've had mentions of beer and bacon and the such. Oh, and pastries. Lots of pastries mentioned. :D I do reference the odd non-ediable thing as well, such as songs, and so forth.

Usually hot and dry - my main fic's based on the region of Orre, which is a pretty barren dry place (leastways for the time period it's in - in XD it gets mildly better). So little rain, hot days, and cold nights for a typical desert climate, I guess. Although, as noted by a recent weather report in my fic, there had been some recent rain.

What is the most completely random title you have ever given to a fic? For what reason did you title your fic this?
Well, I don't have many fics, let along any named oddly. :/ Do have chapter titles though that occassionly are mildly random... like 'Attack of the Interviewers', or my favourite: "Chapter 12: Who needs a chapter title? It's Miror B!" -_-

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
*comes in*
Near the sea level it's really hot at summers, over 30 degrees Celsius, even hotter if you have bad luck, and the temperature doesn't go below zero even at winters.
Oh, the difference between what you think is hot and what WE think is hot. And what you determine as winter temperature and what YOU determine as winter temperature.
Our summers can average at around 35 Celsius, and in areas can reach 40. :P Hot, yeah. xP And our winters normally don't fall past 15. xDDD Whereas "don't even go under zero" is how you describe your place. Okay, end of my difference-in-climates-related ranting thingymabob. :P

Bay

Years

Forgot about this topic. XD

I think the most random title is my old fic, "Simplicity," the sequel to "Take Fifty Five!". The title isn't really realted to what the story was about. XD

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Oh, what do you know. I forgot about it too.

"Hey, this word QUEST is cool! :o My fic needs a title other than 'My Pokémon story', so I'll use that. And, hey, the word LEGENDS is awesome as well! And, like, of course my main character is going to go out and find alllll the legendary Pokémon, so it's very fitting!"

Then I ditched my original silly plans of having the main character be a "legendary collector" (whut), making the title completely irrelevant. And then I made another plot revolving around finding legendaries, just to make it relevant again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
None of my actually posted fics have random titles; however, I did come up with two totally random title ideas for fics that never came to fruition:

Implementations of the Number Field and Quadratic Sieves
Algebraic and Graphical Representations and Properties of the Normal and Binomial Probability Distributions
For the former, don't ask why - it truly is random. As for the latter, it was intended to be a "kid stops legendary Pokemon from wreaking havoc" storyline where the key to victory was the kid's observations, data collection, calculations, and analysis of the probabilities of certain Pokemon attacks striking the intended target. No lie.

Neither fic was suited for posting since vBulletin doesn't have a built-in equation editor, which would have been vital for both fics. Even my main fic was severely hampered at times by my inability to include Greek letters, integral signs, limit notation, and summation symbols.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016

As of now, it's snowy in most regions, mainly the portion to the west of Mt. Coronet. But over in Sunyshore, it's sunny as ever. Kinda like a rainshadow is to the other side of a mountain.

If you could physically harm any of your characters, whom would it be and why? :)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Uh, first off, I'd like to say I totally didn't ignore your return, DP. XD I'm glad you came back. I mean, ♥ to your quirky use of cars and mathematics. (Oh, super-awesome titles. It's a shame you never got to use those for anything. You still totally should, even if it ends up being completely irrelevant.)

Anyway...

If you could physically harm any of your characters, whom would it be and why? :)

Poor Bill has to suffer through my idea of fangirlism. He's been knocked unconscious with sleeping gas, operated on, clubbed in the head (multiple times), bitten by various creatures, shot at (or just shot), attacked by Pokémon, gotten into multiple accidents due to his own clumsiness, and died (but he got better). Most of that is just in AEM. And that's only by chapter seven.

And then, of course, there's all the people I've killed off in Midsummer Knights for kicks.

Generally, if I like the character, chances are, they're going to get beaten up pretty badly. Because I'm a sadist, I guess. (Although I've mentioned to people that I think some of them are cute when they squirm.)

txteclipse

The Last
Years
If you could physically harm any of your characters, whom would it be and why?

Probably Venin for being such a twisted freak. He models his social actions after Cacturnes, which like to stalk people for days, wear them out, and eventually kill them.

DGexe

Taunter
Years

Generally, if I like the character, chances are, they're going to get beaten up pretty badly. Because I'm a sadist, I guess. (Although I've mentioned to people that I think some of them are cute when they squirm.)

Aside from the "cute when they squirm", I agree with that statement. In fact... that's probably why Lauren and all her incarnations are the ones who are tortured and tormented physically so much by my sadistic authoress ways. :D

Ahem, but why Lauren? Well... I'd personally find it amusing, between her cursing every diety she could think of and her team attempting to humorously and failingly help her with her injuries... Ehehee.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
I would go with Professor Oak (The Fall of Light) on this one. He just seems to involved in everything to not get hurt *innocent smile* Maybe I just like to hurt all Professors, because I feel the same way about Professor Periwinkle (Affliction).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Uh...well, I have this idea for an alternate ending to my OT journeyfic with armies, double-crossing double/triple/quadruple agents and weapons of mass destruction. In the normal ending, everyone is killed except the main guy who lost an arm a long time ago and in the alternate, alternate ending, everyone lives, but the main guy still has that missing arm... I just gave away the plot for my alternate-ending fic, didn't I?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
hey everyone, please check out my Pokemon Coordinator Journeys, I fixxed it up a little added a new chapter and deleted the post that was spam

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
konekodemon said:
hey everyone, please check out my Pokemon Coordinator Journeys, I fixxed it up a little added a new chapter and deleted the post that was spam
That's great and all, but if you post a new chapter in your fic then you should advertise it in the Fanfiction Announcement Thread rather than here.

Yet another question!

What sorts of technologies that don't exist in the real world are in your fictions? What purpose do they possess?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
What sorts of technologies that don't exist in the real world are in your fictions? What purpose do they possess?

Heh...whoa. Sure you want to know? List format time:

Ceiling panel lights that only illuminate the area directly around a person (saves energy).

Cloning and gene splicing of many species including humans (creating super-soldiers and such).

Bio-engineering to the extreme: use of living tissue to create tools and products (those ceiling panels use bio luminescent cells, for instance).

Energy weapons that derive their power from brainwaves (because it's the major scientific breakthrough of the future!).

Warp drives for getting around space quickly.

Lots and lots and lots of body mods (the optical interface recently integrated into Mewtwo's spinal cord is a prime example). These are for doing things that the body normally wouldn't be able to do, like linking the controls of a spaceship directly to the mind in Mewtwo's case.

Various mechs, space fighters, biological weapons, and improvements on existing technology, and much much more.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
:D
Apart from all that tech and stuff already in canon, there is the ability to replace a human arm with a Beldum. And there's the option to tech it up and make it able to shoot st00f and use Metal Claw and stuff. :P Basically, a Cyborg Beldum arm. Then, there's whatnot. Uh...humdiddlydoodah. I can't really think of anything else, apart from scanning devices on Nintendo DS's and Pokedex features on those electronic doohickeys. :P

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
That's great and all, but if you post a new chapter in your fic then you should advertise it in the Fanfiction Announcement Thread rather than here.

Yet another question!

Sorry I didn't know there was a Fanfiction Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back