• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Metal Mario: All of my shiny Giratina I've caught suck in the IV department XD. None of them have an IV over 20 in the stats that matter, my latest has 4 out of 6 stats less than 10.

Well I'm SRing for Giratina again and I will be hatching for shiny Onix again as well. I really hope to get at least one of these to shine this weekend, it my luck decides to pop in for a while.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I would like to join as well. Why? When people tak about me in school, they call me either the "Shiny Catcher" or the "Battling Master". Why? At school, I haven't lost a challenge in a year and I have the largest amount of shinies.

I'll explain which ones I have:

Munchlax (multiple)
Snorlax (2)
Cresselia
Regice/Regirock/Registeel
Pikachu
Kricketune
Metagross
Arceus (traded to me)
Staraptor
Giratina
Dialga & Palkia (traded away)
Mew (taken from friend's Emerald)
Empoleon (maybe)

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Still, it's a lot for me and I would like to know more ways on how to catch shinies.

Years
It has been a very lucky day today! :D

This morning, about 2-3am, I checked my swarm and saw that it was a Spoink.
Thought, meh, can't sleep, might as well go after it!
And so I did, an hour later of chaining, one pops up! :D
Timid nature too :D

Spoink - Take One
Spoink - Take Two

I was happy with that and fell asleep.
About 2 hours ago, I remembered that there are Houndour on that Route, and I think he looks awesome shiny.
So, I thought I would go and PR for him. I needed a break from my revision T_T.

30 minutes later. HE POPS UP!
Houndour - Take One
Houndour - Take Two

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
:D

Two in the same day, not bad :P

METALMARIO!
We should make a competition to who can get the best picture of a wild shiny sparkling like yours!
That would be interesting! XD

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats on your shiny Beldum, MM. That's really an awesome pic you've got, lol. Congrats to you, too, Alinthea, your pics are very clear as well!

MM, I must say, that's an interesting quest you're on...I never would've thought of it myself. I have four myself, but two of them are RNG clones, so I really only have three... But what game was Mewtwo on the cover on? *confused*

----------------------------------------------

I think keeping track of my eggs here in my posts would be a bit more accurate, so, I'll start doing that from now on, as well.

Starting Point: 850 eggs

That number of eggs represents the total number of eggs I've hatched on my Diamond version, so it includes eggs of Pokemon of different species. By using basic subtraction, I can keep precisely track the amount of eggs I hatch for a particular species.

----------------------------------------------

I have a question for you all. Of the shiny Pokemon you own, which is your favorite(s)?

My top favorite shiny has to be a tie between my shiny Charizard and my shiny Latias. My shiny Charmander was my first SR'd shiny ever...I remember how overjoyed I was when I finally got it. As for Latias, I worked so hard for it...and in addition to being my favorite shiny Pokemon ever, it's just awesome!
smile.gif
So I guess Latias does edge out over Charizard a little bit.

After that, I would say my Shiny Porygon2 is my next favorite shiny. It has some pretty good IVs, and it has the prettiest combination of blue and lavender. *__*

For third place, I'd have to make it a tie between my shiny Moltres and Zapdos. In addition to just being a nice shiny, my Zapdos has a good nature and decent IVs...Moltres, while not having the best nature, has excellent IVs. And shiny Moltres' pink body appeals to me quite a bit.

Sorry for all the ties.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Mence Master, how did you get a shiny Darkrai? I'm curious.

Last edited:
Years
Presuming the rumors are true, you can get Mewtwo and the Birds in the Re-Makes, MetalMario! I'm not sure about Hoenn Legends, but I have heard that you can obtain a single Hoenn Starter. Hopefully it goes deeper into the Hoenn Region than that, though. ;D
Let's please refrain from discussing unverified HGSS rumours. It can only lead to offtopic discussion and debates/speculation which belong ]URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189elsewhere[/URL].

And one of my objectives is to catch as many of these cover legendaries on their respective versions as possible. The notable exception will be Rayquaza because of the broken Emerald RNG making SRing shinies 100% impossible.

I ran the calculations and confirmed that the first shiny frame on my Emerald save file occurs after three minutes of gameplay! This is much longer than anyone would ever take to make an SR. And if I were to attempt to time it (which is extremely tedioussssss), it would only count as an RNG-abused shiny.

So it's like I said before: stay away from Emerald version!

I would like to join as well. Why? When people tak about me in school, they call me either the "Shiny Catcher" or the "Battling Master". Why? At school, I haven't lost a challenge in a year and I have the largest amount of shinies.

I'll explain which ones I have:

Munchlax (multiple)
Snorlax (2)
Cresselia
Regice/Regirock/Registeel
Pikachu
Kricketune
Metagross
Arceus (traded to me)
Staraptor
Giratina
Dialga & Palkia (traded away)
Mew (taken from friend's Emerald)
Empoleon (maybe)

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Still, it's a lot for me and I would like to know more ways on how to catch shinies.
Please explain which of your shinies are hacked or possibly hacked.

METALMARIO!
We should make a competition to who can get the best picture of a wild shiny sparkling like yours!
That would be interesting! XD
Umm, if you want then go ahead and make some sparkling pictures. I'm just making them because I like to. ^o^

MM, I must say, that's an interesting quest you're on...I never would've thought of it myself. I have four myself, but two of them are RNG clones, so I really only have three... But what game was Mewtwo on the cover on? *confused*
What I said was: Cover legendaries + Mewtwo - Suicune. So basically all the uber cover legendaries, plus Mewtwo because he kind of fills the same role for Red/Green. Also Suicune, though not part of this quest, is going to be added to my hit list the moment I have a viable way to hunt him.

Years
Eh, I just thought it would be a useful bit of potentially awesome information.

Fufu, I used the Tweaking Glitch in Pearl to get to it. It shone after about 100 or less resets.

Still nothing new, but I did about 50 or so Dialga resets yesterday. I want it to shine so badly!

Good luck to all.

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
Tweaking Glitch? What is that?

I want to soft reset for a shiny Darkrai...

the tweaking glitch is a glitch that occurs by spaztically cycling very fast without hitting anything and then a black hole apears wich is called the dark void so you can practically walk through every place in the whole game cause your in a "fake sinnoh", like showed of here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsopjAc2xok just look to as much vid's till you understand, but i have to warn you, make sure you do everything like told in the vids, cause one wrong thing can be fatal to your game save, and you save file may be stuck in eternal darkness forever, i once had that, so or bring all your beloved and rare pokemon's to a safe game file first, or make sure you do everything in the correct way

good luck, and congratz to everyone and good luck to everyone :)

Years
You CANNOT save in the "Void". If you do, you lose everything. Use a spare game or something, because I didn't do that, and lost all of my events and half of my shinies. Also, when you're going through the second "64K Route", both screens will go black. If they don't, keep riding. If they do, which they most likely will, just wait for Jubilife Music, and open the Bag/Party/Card. It'll fix it. There is a shorter route for Shaymin, but that's a separate story.

I'm gonna go Soft Reset for Dialga in a few. Good luck, all.

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
I'll watch that vid, mathioks, thanks! But why can't I just save my game before I do the Tweaking Glitch? That way, anything bad that happens won't be saved.

yea, that's right but after a time you will have to save in the void so , ... it's because you will need to use your underground item, and it saves from it's own

Years
Well, good luck, Alinthea!

Hey, after we've both obtained shiny Dialga, wanna race for Palkia? (I have a 2,000 SR Head Start, so I'll hold off until you've gotten up that high, if we are to race.)

Good luck to all y'all on your hunts.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
My Arceus is hacked, definetly. My Regis are hacked as well, but everything else is basically real or should be. Some Midori Metagross is also traded, but I think it's also hacked, due to being a shiny from an egg. Also, my Munchlax are mainly hacked.

Also, I just found out that I do not have a shiny Empoleon. I don't have any shiny starters, except for some Charizard. (All are hacked) I've also found hacked Celebi on my ranch.

I have most legits, but some are hacks. I'm still looking for more shinies to add to my shinydex, which lists all hacked and non-hacked pokemon. I was able to give my friend some real hacked pokemon, got an Arceus back from him, lv. 20, too tough to train, he said. With the stats that it had, it's impossible.

Still, about 70% of my shinies are from hacks (including shiny hack), but some are real. Now, where can I find a Mewtwo?

Years
I hate posting so close to consecutively, if not consecutively. It makes me feel like a spammer.

Major grats on the Dialga, Alinthea! Be sure to go up to 2,000 for Palkia and hold it there, if you wanna race. I haven't nabbed the chance to Soft Reset for Dialga today, because right before I went downstairs, my grandmother called and I had to help her for a couple of hours.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
congratulation metalmario for shiny beldum and congratulations alinthea for shiny dialga.

Well guys, for now I'm going to take a little rest of shiny hunting, you know, recharge batteries.

For those still hunting, be patient, they will appear soon.

Good luck everyone.

PD: I'll still be around...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
First off, thanks for the vids, you guys, but like Alinthea, I'm scared; I'll just wait until the events for Darkrai and Shaymin are given. If they aren't, THEN I'll buy a spare game and risk it, but for now, I'm not taking any chances.

Congrats on your shiny Dialga, Alinthea. You've been pretty lucky lately; you're shinies seem to come so quickly!

Good luck, everyone.

Back