• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I don't know if a tool is available right now, but like stated above, it could be done through hex editing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 29, 2009
OK on the Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition I have accidentally changed the colours on palette #0. How do I change it back?

level.

Forgot about user titles
Years
Umm... in Advanced Text, the text shows up all weird. For example, the first part of Oak's introduction says
He[&HE0E0][&HE0E3][&HE3B8], [&HE8DC]he[&HE6D9]e!
G[&HE0D5]ad [&HE8E3] [&HE1D9]ee [&HFB42][&HE3E9][&HE9AB]![&HFBD1]We[&HE0D7]c[&HE3E1][&HE1D9]e [&HE8E3] [&HE8DC]he [&H8145][&HE3E6][&HE6E0][&HE0D8]d [&HE3DA]f POKeMON![&HFBC7]M [&HE2D5]a[&HE1D9]e i OAK.[&HFBCA]Pe[&HE3E4][&HE4E0][&HE0D9]e affec[&HE8DD]i[&HE3E2][&HE2D5]a[&HE8D9]e[&HE0ED] [&HE6D9]efe [&HE8E3] [&HE1D9]e
a [&HE8DC]he POKeMON PROFESSOR.[&H8145]
Thanks in advance.

Edit: The ROM is Firered.

Years
I'm having some troubles with changing a pokemon cry... It's not a regular pokemon though, it's one of the 25 empty slots. So far, I managed to insert everything except the pokedex entry and the cry correctly, but the cry is more a major problem than the pokedex entry. I tried changing the cry with PokeCryGUI (included with elite map) but it glitched up the game's music and sounds. Is there any way to change the cry of one of the 25 slots without glitching up the whole game?

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
I have a little theory. I would like to ask you all if this is right

In Poke Edit Pro, it has the pallette offset anhd the shiny pallette offset, right? Well, if you wanted to make an individual pokemon shiny all the time, could you just swap the pallette offsets round?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I have a little theory. I would like to ask you all if this is right

In Poke Edit Pro, it has the pallette offset anhd the shiny pallette offset, right? Well, if you wanted to make an individual pokemon shiny all the time, could you just swap the pallette offsets round?

Or both have the same pallette offset? Then one would be shiny, and the other would be as well, and have extra sparkles. Or just use some ASM, someone developed it, search for it.

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Or both have the same pallette offset? Then one would be shiny, and the other would be as well, and have extra sparkles. Or just use some ASM, someone developed it, search for it.

By the looks of it, the normal pallette offset sand the shiny pallette offset and two different offsets. It would be a case of swapping the offsets around? But there would be the disadvantage that all fo them would be shiny though...

The onyl reason im suggesting this is becuase i used a few shiny tools which did not seem to work. so I though I could swap the pallettes around.

Also, anyone know a way of having eggs as starters?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
By the looks of it, the normal pallette offset sand the shiny pallette offset and two different offsets. It would be a case of swapping the offsets around? But there would be the disadvantage that all fo them would be shiny though...

The onyl reason im suggesting this is becuase i used a few shiny tools which did not seem to work. so I though I could swap the pallettes around.

Well, if you have both as the shiny offset, it will ALWAYS be "shiny", even if it was one of those REAL shinies, where in your case, the shiny would have the normal colours, and the normal has the shiny colours. It would work, and would ALWAYS have the shiny colours.

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Yeah. I think ill put that in my hack. thansk for comfirming it for me.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

Also, anyone know a way of having eggs as starters?
Did you use callasm in a script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back