• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How do you come up with these random but good features? It looks awesome. (;
Good luck!
I dunno. Thanks.

Nice. But have you considered in doing decapitalization?
I feel really uncomfortable reading all those capitalized text.
Yes, I have considered it. No, I'm not doing it. And no amount of persuasion will make me want to, so don't attempt. :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Yes, I have considered it. No, I'm not doing it. And no amount of persuasion will make me want to, so don't attempt. :)

OK. That's fine by me. So, I've played through your hack,
and I have a few bugs to report.

Spoiler:

So, overall, it's a pretty nice beta.
4/5.

I'll give you a five if it has fewer grammar and spelling errors.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Spoiler:

4/5.

The first and second "Errors" aren't really errors at all. The way the sentence is put together makes sense grammatically. Changing it to "I never thought it's possible" would make it grammatically incorrect, just saying.

On topic:
I really like the seed/plant idea. Does the hole get covered instantly or is there wait time. Also the change from purple to blue [and subsequently blue walls to yellow] in Alyssa's Flower shop is pretty sharp. Not telling you to change it, just giving my opinion.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Whoaaa Dark Cobalt! Gotta play gotta play. This really makes me want to make the real my Cobalt... @_@

It looks very nice, Icey, and of course, you can call me if there's anything y'need.

Years

Spoiler:

4/5.

Thanks, and, as for the first two, well...
The first and second "Errors" aren't really errors at all. The way the sentence is put together makes sense grammatically. Changing it to "I never thought it's possible" would make it grammatically incorrect, just saying.

On topic:
I really like the seed/plant idea. Does the hole get covered instantly or is there wait time. Also the change from purple to blue [and subsequently blue walls to yellow] in Alyssa's Flower shop is pretty sharp. Not telling you to change it, just giving my opinion.
Thanks, and it gets covered instantly - they're magic seeds. And I'm gonna change Alyssa's flower shop, it's just staying like that for now.
Whoaaa Dark Cobalt! Gotta play gotta play. This really makes me want to make the real my Cobalt... @_@

It looks very nice, Icey, and of course, you can call me if there's anything y'need.
Hey there. :3
Thanks!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Congrats on getting to the Hack showcase ;)

I played the beta there were some errors but they've already been pointed out.

Years
Congrats on getting to the Hack showcase ;)

I played the beta there were some errors but they've already been pointed out.
Thanks, and okay.

Update time!

GoldPokball.png
GoldPokball2.png

This is the last location of the Gold Pokéballs you'll see.
I haven't collected the other one yet

Lies.png
TopPercentage.png

Loser1.png
Loser2.png

These guys are weird to say the least.

If you go one way from Route 4...
Art.png
AshTown.png
AshTown2.png

And if you go the other...
Dare.png

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
At the beginning of the vid I thought of Alma... ;_;
Why are you doing this to me? QQ

But seriously: I like the idea, but wouldn't it be better to use the ghost battle? If you don't want to customize it via ASM to fit your needs, you could use JPAN's hacked engine to (some sort of) keep the ghost by changing it so you battle one of the 25 unused pokemon. Just a suggestion, though.
Oh, and: will we be able to jump over that 1-block-canyon thing seen at the end of the video? Or will we fall down? Both ways would make awesome puzzles possible easily! The other thing I can think of at the moment would be being blocked, but that'd be too easy, right?

Years
At the beginning of the vid I thought of Alma... ;_;
Why are you doing this to me? QQ

But seriously: I like the idea, but wouldn't it be better to use the ghost battle? If you don't want to customize it via ASM to fit your needs, you could use JPAN's hacked engine to (some sort of) keep the ghost by changing it so you battle one of the 25 unused pokemon. Just a suggestion, though.
Oh, and: will we be able to jump over that 1-block-canyon thing seen at the end of the video? Or will we fall down? Both ways would make awesome puzzles possible easily! The other thing I can think of at the moment would be being blocked, but that'd be too easy, right?
Sorry, no idea what you're talking about. ;o;

Thanks. I did consider using the ghost battle, and may just use it, if those working hard in Research and Development somehow manage to crack it, but using JPAN's engine is out of the question, especially this far into the hack. As for the part at the end, it is a broken bridge. With the use of a certain attack, it will be passable, but yeah, no cool puzzles there (though a puzzle involving falling etc. will be introduced in the hack, fear not).

Anyway, jumping back to Azure Plaza for a second...
AnneAniseed.png
NewsTeam.png
Quote.png
Quoting.png
Disagreeing.png
Those who followed this hack before will recognise these guys - Anne Aniseed and Dan Dandelion, the news team.

Last edited:

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
Considering your age, I shouldn't have talked about her. The little girl reminded me of Alma, a character from F.E.A.R., a horror-shooter.
Anyway: you might have looked into the hacked engine further. The ASM-code is available so you can install every single feature without using neither the patch nor the tool ;)
I like the screens, by the way :D

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
"No more gatehouses! Well, they're still there, but you don't have to actually see the inside. I always though it was useless and slowed down travelling from town to town."

Spoiler:

Anyways, I thought of trying the beta out and see how it is :)

Years
Yeah, I know why gatehouses existed, the loading is still done in frlg, which is why I kept the building there, it's just you don't have to go inside.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I think the hack is okay, nothing that special but at least it's not 100% "gym to gym travelling". Anyways, there were a couple of minor bugs I noticed this being the one I only remember clearly though (didn't keep "notice" what had happened).

If you lose against Jack of H. in Under Forest and go to fight him again, the moving script for Jack of H. doesn't occur and he'll stay standing in the right corner of the screen saying all the stuff he normally does before the battle starts. You probably messed up with the flags or something...

Another one is at "Pewter City Pokemon Center" where a man tells you that Team Rocket is in Mt. Moon or something like that. By the way, I think you should also re-create even minor things like houses where random people live.

Years
I think the hack is okay, nothing that special but at least it's not 100% "gym to gym travelling". Anyways, there were a couple of minor bugs I noticed this being the one I only remember clearly though (didn't keep "notice" what had happened).

If you lose against Jack of H. in Under Forest and go to fight him again, the moving script for Jack of H. doesn't occur and he'll stay standing in the right corner of the screen saying all the stuff he normally does before the battle starts. You probably messed up with the flags or something...
Thanks. Hopefully Beta 2 will have some more features that'll stand out. I really need to fix that events, I never got the movements right, but it slipped my mind somehow.

Another one is at "Pewter City Pokemon Center" where a man tells you that Team Rocket is in Mt. Moon or something like that. By the way, I think you should also re-create even minor things like houses where random people live.
I agree with Miksy. There were a bit too many empty houses.
And I do need to redo the PCs and houses, I agree.

Anyway, just a small update, I've decided to not include Hoenn, and instead include a custom region, which I'm thinking will be called Fe'i. It's the part of the landmass that is reluctant to conform to the modernisation that Felith has undergone--a sideplot will take place there. Opinions?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Aww no Hoenn pokes?! Oh well I'll live [I prefer Johto Pokemon to every other to be honest]. About the custom Pokemon, I don't mind as long as they look legit and have balanced movesets/stats

Years
Um, I think you misread. I'm including Hoenn Pokémon, definitely, just not the actual Hoenn region. And the same applies for custom pokémon--it's a custom region. (There will be some fakemon eventually, though.)

Years
Locking.png
AshTunnel.png
Combination.png
Beast-1.png
TaupeDesert.png

Yeah, not much to say. :P​

By the way, I have in the end decided to go with the JPAN's patch upon seeing the tutorial for making custom items. I plan to utilise a lot more of the features in the future, so keep an eye open for them. :3

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Locking.png
AshTunnel.png
Combination.png
Beast-1.png
TaupeDesert.png

Yeah, not much to say. :P​

By the way, I have in the end decided to go with the JPAN's patch upon seeing the tutorial for making custom items. I plan to utilise a lot more of the features in the future, so keep an eye open for them. :3

Wow, I really love the dark pallet you used in Ash Tunnel, and Ash Town look pretty unique as well. There is a small tile error in your second Ash Tunnel screenshot - The rock wall above the ladder is meant to go over regular ground, rather than sand (if you know what I mean). Heatran's OW looks perfect and I can't wait to see him in battle :>

Anyway, this hack is looking as awesome as a Spheal :D

Years
Wow, I really love the dark pallet you used in Ash Tunnel, and Ash Town look pretty unique as well. There is a small tile error in your second Ash Tunnel screenshot - The rock wall above the ladder is meant to go over regular ground, rather than sand (if you know what I mean). Heatran's OW looks perfect and I can't wait to see him in battle :>

Anyway, this hack is looking as awesome as a Spheal :D
Thanks, and sharp eye--it's been fixed now.

Spheal looks pretty awesome, I have to admit.

So, why not take a look at some tidbits of minor stuff I've been doing recently?

NewCoral2.png
NewCoral.png

Route1Remap-1.png

Coral Town gets a revamp.
Route 1 does also.

Poeet.png
Yodellers.png
Ayodelayee.png

Pokémon Centre Basement's Return!

Staring.png

:3

Gpokeball1.png