• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
Last edited:
Years
i want to know if energy removal can discard my special energy or only basic energy card?
BS92EnergyRemoval.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
anyone know of the karlos starter set pokemon are part of the first set of x and y?

Years
i want to know if energy removal can discard my special energy or only basic energy card?
BS92EnergyRemoval.jpg

Totally forgot to reply to this one. As it's worded, I think you can remove both.

anyone know of the karlos starter set pokemon are part of the first set of x and y?

Based on leaks from Sunday, they will not be part of the XY set. Instead, they'll follow their own numbering system much like the various Trainer Kits have: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Starter_Set_Decks_fully_revealed

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
that makes me kinda sad i want 4 for my beedrill deck and thats a lot to buy...

Mesty

The Joker
Years
What's a good site that will ship overseas to military bases that is reliable?

Years
You have to look for the right sellers on Amazon as well as on eBay. By and large, my experience has been that most lots on the two are legitimate.

As for other sellers, I have no idea if any of the more specialized sites will ship overseas or not, but sites that are worth checking out are Troll and Toad (which apparently costs a lot in shipping even domestically), PokeOrder, Professor Oak, and Collector's Cache, plus a few others that I cannot remember the names of right now.

Although it might just be cheaper to buy from a shop in the country you're stationed, or from an online shop based out of another EU country given the possibly ridiculous costs for shipping overseas.

Mesty

The Joker
Years
You have to look for the right sellers on Amazon as well as on eBay. By and large, my experience has been that most lots on the two are legitimate.

As for other sellers, I have no idea if any of the more specialized sites will ship overseas or not, but sites that are worth checking out are Troll and Toad (which apparently costs a lot in shipping even domestically), PokeOrder, Professor Oak, and Collector's Cache, plus a few others that I cannot remember the names of right now.

Although it might just be cheaper to buy from a shop in the country you're stationed, or from an online shop based out of another EU country given the possibly ridiculous costs for shipping overseas.

I'm in Italy right now so I don't really wanna but Italian ones ;p But I will check those sites out for sure, thank you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I'm planning on attending a regional in January for VGC but I was thinking I might do TCG too since I used to be pretty competitive. Could anyone tell me what sets will be legal in January?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Mew Prime has a Poké Power, See Off, that allows it use the attacks of any Pokémon in the Lost Zone. Cool Porygon has an attack called Texture Magic: "You may change Cool Porygon's Resistance to a type of your choice other than Colorless. If the Defending Pokémon has a Weakness, you may change it to a type of your choice other than Colorless. (Benching either Pokémon ends the effect on that Pokémon.)"

In Unlimited, what happens if Cool Porygon is in the Lost Zone, and I decide that Mew should use Texture Magic? Mew has no resistance. Can I give it a resistance of my choice anyway, or would it have no effect on resistance (but I could still change the opponent's weakness), or would I be unable to use the attack at all?

Thanks a lot!

Years
Mew Prime has a Poké Power, See Off, that allows it use the attacks of any Pokémon in the Lost Zone. Cool Porygon has an attack called Texture Magic: "You may change Cool Porygon's Resistance to a type of your choice other than Colorless. If the Defending Pokémon has a Weakness, you may change it to a type of your choice other than Colorless. (Benching either Pokémon ends the effect on that Pokémon.)"

In Unlimited, what happens if Cool Porygon is in the Lost Zone, and I decide that Mew should use Texture Magic? Mew has no resistance. Can I give it a resistance of my choice anyway, or would it have no effect on resistance (but I could still change the opponent's weakness), or would I be unable to use the attack at all?

Thanks a lot!

That's a good question. Based on how I understand it, you can change the Resistance when using Mew Prime's PokePower "Lost Link" (See Off is the name of the card's attack that lets you put Pokemon in the Lost Zone) -- before taking my answer as the final word, I'm going to go ask the rules team if they can provide an answer for this scenario.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Hi guys, I just purchased a Fenneken starter deck but the cards in the deck don't have rarity symbols on them. Can anybody tell me why?
thanks

Years
So there is this yveltal EX that has the move ( evil ball )
That says: this attack does 20 more damage times the amount of energy cards attached to both pokemon.

I dont get it. Someone please explain

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
okay so if the your Pokemon your active Pokemon has two Energys atatched to it and your opponent has two Energys atatched to it it does 100 damage so it states that it does and extra 20 damage for each atatched to your opponents Pokemon (active that is) do you get it now?

Back