• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Retail Workers Union

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Naa, not bulletproof at all but I don't care for threads like that in that environment.​

Haha this is the second time I've seen that typo today. Toujours did it earlier (and I've done it before myself haha) - it's sad that we spend so much time on this forum that our muscle memory automatically goes to type "threads" XD

But more on-topic, I get threatened at work all the time. You wouldn't believe the crackpots you get around alcohol. Most of the people I refuse tell me I should "watch myself" or something similar. It used to freak me the out a bit when I first started because I was 18 and had no idea if they were actually planning to do something, but now when they say that I'm just like "will do."

Years
Haha this is the second time I've seen that typo today. Toujours did it earlier (and I've done it before myself haha) - it's sad that we spend so much time on this forum that our muscle memory automatically goes to type "threads" XD

But more on-topic, I get threatened at work all the time. You wouldn't believe the crackpots you get around alcohol. Most of the people I refuse tell me I should "watch myself" or something similar. It used to freak me the out a bit when I first started because I was 18 and had no idea if they were actually planning to do something, but now when they say that I'm just like "will do."

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Only just noticed that. CURSES.

Anyway, retail does give you a bit of a thick skin to these type of situations.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
The worst one was the first one. We got tied up with cable ties... had to be my worst. The second one I really wasn't bothered which I think annoyed the guy the most because I literally didn't react when he threatened me. Stuff like that never bothers me. Comes with the area I work in, and also being one of the only males in the shop kinda sucks. you get the brunt of everything.

But I enjoy the job mostly, just the same stuff that drives everyone else made drives me mad. Managers and rude customers, oh and customers on their phones makes me rage. I remember one guy who didn't answer anything I said when I was serving him because he was on his phone. then as I finish and go to walk off. he looks up asks for a bag then goes back to his phone. So I throw the bag in his face and walk off.

Shining Raichu

Years
The worst one was the first one. We got tied up with cable ties... had to be my worst. The second one I really wasn't bothered which I think annoyed the guy the most because I literally didn't react when he threatened me. Stuff like that never bothers me. Comes with the area I work in, and also being one of the only males in the shop kinda sucks. you get the brunt of everything.

Do they make you go through counselling after an incident like that? I know at my job if you are held up by robbers you're forced to go on leave and get counselling before you're allowed to come back to work. The counselling is paid for by the company, of course, but I think if you feel fine to work then you shouldn't be forced into anything.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I was back at work the next day lol. I was offered it but said no and just went back to work. I was the only one that still felt able to work though. All the others had counselling first.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
@Razer you are probably the most hardcore person in the club by far, I've only ever had people verbally threaten me never physically with a gun :O You mad! but awesome! Awad! Did the people get caught?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Yeh was caught and got... 3 months in prison... for robbing 4 shops and making over 3k worth of money... 3 MONTHS.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
No idea. I thought it was some sort of joke really. No one in the shop was happy about it.

Shining Raichu

Years
That's just ridiculous, but I guess the positive of it is at least they were caught, and hopefully it'll teach them not to do it again. If they hadn't been caught and had no consequences they might have figured you were easy targets and come back to rob you again.

Years
@ People saying the sentence is stupid... Welcome to England.
They are all stupid like that.

Anyway, as long as you are alright, bro!​

Years
Let's not get into the sentencing in England, it is stupid.

Funniest experience and most awkward, would be when this girl was hitting on me when SHOPPING WITH HER PARENTS. They were finding clothes for their father/husband and she was being all like, "I would love to see you in that." When her parents were turned away. Was so awkward and all my co-workers were laughing so much, was a difficult situation to handle, BUT I DID!

She gave me her number after all that, but didn't call/text her, she was creepy! XD​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Why did that have to be in North Carolina... My girlfriend lives there and works in a shop... Ty guys :P

I have so many, but the funniest has to be this regular customer that came in and shes like, 40+. She comes up to me and goes, your looking pretty build and then starts hitting on me, I haven't heard the end of it. I had no idea what to say lol.

Shining Raichu

Years
I had a woman in her forties hit on me once. She came in ten minutes before we closed with a friend; she was so drunk I almost didn't serve her (except I did because her friend was sober and driving). She kept looking me up and down and saying to her friend, "look at him!" and then this happened:

"What time do you finish tonight, love?"
"In ten minutes."
"You wanna come for a drink after?"
"Uh... I think I'll be right, thanks."
"You sure? We'll shout you!"
"Nah I'm good thanks, I've been here all day, I'm pretty dead" <---- this was a lie. I'd started at 4:30 that day and it was like 9pm

She was pretty gross too, and made no effort to hide it. She had a gut that was hanging out the bottom of her shirt.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I dont even want to talk about the people that have hit on me oh god.

Though theres those rare occasions that they are attractive!

Had an awkward moment where this older lady was trying on this top thing that opens up down the middle and flashed me, she was in lace. Was awkward for me at least.. Oh this happened 3 days ago as well.

Back