• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Height of Discord OOC Thread

Years
Ill be getting my new SU in very soon.
I have looked over the rules, and my RP sample will be in the correct format now :).
Thank you for warning me last time.

Name:
Yao
Species:
Poliwag (I have new ideas :p)
Appearance:
Her silk like eyes have the resemblance of bubbles, unlike most of the poliwag. Her tail is shaped crookedly- somewhat taking the appearance of a pikachu's. Her body is most like a big tomato as the rest of the poliwags- and a slightly shown smile.
Personality:
She is always trying not to feel sorry for others, but it is impossible for her. She is very outgoing, and try's to be a problem solver in every single way possible. She is usually trying to peruse the others to help, come look, or follow me. Or whatever it takes to get a little bit of attention, though when she is worried she cannot help but want to help as soon as possible. She's very hyper and wont stop until she's tuckered herself out head to toe.
Background and History:
She lived in a small pool in water near the ruins of the distant pokemon center. The water was inhabited with many shady creatures. Her parents had once set off to help a bunch of the corrupted, and haven't returned since. She encountered many beings that seamed to be trying to tell her something, but before she knew it, she was crying and pleading for them to live. She has had so many experiences; it is hard for her not to worry. She met a few other poliwags whose parents had not returned as well, and she is trying as hard as she can to protect them. Even if it costs her life.
Other:
She is holding a miracle seed; it appears not to have any special qualities to help her. However, she prays on it every day hoping something magical will happen.
RP sample:
"I can handle it from here," she said vaguely, draping her long cloak along her back. She knew she could not Handel it, for this was more then anything she had ever "handled" before. However, she couldn't let her little brother take him on. It would be too dangerous, he was only seven. He didn't know anything of his true power now.
"No! I want to help," the young charmander yipped, pulling on her cloak. He jumped and gave her those sad eyes he always used to get what he wanted.
"Leave me alone Fallon! I must go alone," and with that the charizard vanished with a dance of flames.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Well since there are still slots open. I thought why not?

Name: Cawdor

Species: Totodile

Appearance: While most Totodile are brightly colored blue with a red stripe, Cawdor is slightly different. His coloring is more leaned toward grey-ish blue with his red stripe being more dulled. Draped around his neck is a thin veil of yellow cloth. Almost like a scarf, a memento from a past experience and wanderer he made friends with and never saw again.

Personality: Most Totodiles being happy-go-lucky, Cawdor is slightly different. He puts on a visage of maturity to hide a sort of social awkwardness. The thought he is not exactly sane comes to mind while talking to him. He doesn't seem to have a very firm grasp of reality and tends to make inane jokes or one liners when the mood doesn't call for it. But also unlike most of his species Cawdor doesn't seem to like straight battles. Preferring to talk his way out of disagreements rather then attack.

If anything the main thing Cawdor desires is companionship, and someone to talk to. Which he often does naturally with inanimate objects and even himself.

Background and History: Cawdor grew up on his lonesome in an abandoned Pokemon museum. Looking and gazing at long deceased relics of creatures both recent and old.

The only companions he has ever had were usually drifting wanderer pokemon. Even then he found himself succumbing to loneliness and putting a social guise around himself to gain attention. This usually didn't work and failure only made him loose track of reality. Most of the time he spends around said museum. Yet he does find reasons to trek out to parts unknown from time to time.

Other:

RP sample:

The river was smiling at him.

Well not to say the river didn't usually smile. It was one of his favorite things to look at, that and the trees. The ones he had named around his home. Scraggly oak trees that had been there for centuries. Ones that reached out to the heavens and seemed to go beyond them. Cawdor found little pleasure in forests however, preferring to look at them from the riverbank.

Of course the river had a name too. It was called "Ryan" and was one of Cawdor's friends. The last Pokemon he had seen looked strangely at him when he mentioned it. Calling him "Not exactly there" and disappearing into the woods. He had always shrugged it off and continued to talk to the rapid body of water. Hoping to see another new friend if possible. The only Pokemon he had seen ride the river was a Crocodile, who called him a runt and pilfered his food stores. It was all well and good for Cawdor, he learned a new word. Which he still didn't fully understand the meaning of.

The smile faded from the river, and Cawdor felt sad once more. He turned around back toward the museum and saw the sun was starting to set.

Last edited:

Mr. Tabachi

The Legendary Soldier of Love.
Years
Species: Wooper
Name: Mr. Quiggles (or just Quiggles)
Appearance: Just a regular Wooper with some slight discrepancies: the spots on his tail are brown not black and the strips on his chest are lime green not purple and the twigs (I don't know what they really are) are also lime green instead of pink.
Personality: He's really happy all the time. If someone insults him he'll just ignore it completely but once in awhile it will get to him. He'll start crying then he'll get really really mad. He'll tackle his aggravator to the ground and then stop slapping him with his tall. It's more anointing than threatening. He's the overly optimistic 4-year-old of the group.
Background & History: There not much to tell. He's a 10 year old Wooper but acts like a 5 year-old. He's never done anything adventurous and he has amnesia, the main reason hes so happy.
Other: Wears a Soothe Ball attached to a white scarf as a headband.

So yea. There you go.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
Years
This sounds extremely interesting. There aren't many RPs that have the RPers as pokemon. I'm excited! Sorry my BG/History is so long (hence the spoiler tag), but I get really carried away with them. XD

Hope I'm accepted! Please tell me if there's anything you'd like changed or added. :3

Name
:
Deirdre

Species:
Cubone

Appearance:
She has the typical squat, tan body associated with cubone. Around the left horn of her skull, she wears a red checkered bandanna that her brother, Brennan, found, owned, and left to her before leaving to fight. On the right side of her skull is carved the image of a small, simple crown, signifying her brother, and if one were to find her brother, or at least his skull, he would have a matching carving on his left side, depicting a heart with one wing, signifying Deirdre. The left eyehole of Deirdre's skull has a short jagged chip and scar from where her mother was attacked by the mightyena. Around her neck is a band of various items she's found throughout her explorations with her brother, threaded together with twine and string, including a toy soldier, a plastic flower, a few colorful beads, a diamond ring, and a gold watch face (broken of course)—along with a dozen or so other things. The flower is large and pink with a yellow center, and always sits in the middle of her chest.

Personality
:
Deirdre used to be very kind, and she still is at rare times, but since the death of her parents, and most especially since the disappearance of her brother, she has become very cynical about the world around her, finding sarcasm a good wall between herself and any need for emotional interaction between others. That said, she is a horrible tsundere, falling in love easily with the first person to be nice to her (which doesn't happen often thanks to her attitude) and being meanest to them in the end. The loss of her brother left a horrid gaping hole in Deirdre's heart, and it is most likely because of this that Deirdre loves children in an almost stunningly passionate way. If a baby pokemon is in sight, she will immediately break down and go over to them, singing happy songs that bounce around the inside of her skull, mixing the noises into harmonies and lulling the child into a happy, calm state. She is also a connoisseur of random, human knick knacks, something that started when she and Brennan first ventured out to explore the woods. Most of the stuff left behind now is small, non-biodegradable stuff, such as rings and plastics, but Deirdre will store these items if and when she finds them, and will typically never let them go until something of equal or greater value comes into her sight.

Background
and History:

Spoiler:

Other
:
At one point, Deirdre managed to find a small, purple, nylon, child's backpack, in which she carries anything she might need or find.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Oh no! *just realized that about 4 SUs have been posted since the ONE SPOT LEFT was announced, and hers is the 4th*

Are you going to choose by who posted first? Or which one you like best? (please say the latter-- at least then i have a chance).

Either way, I still think it was a great idea. TTwTT

Last edited:

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
Okay. A while ago, we decided we would choose one out of the some four new SUs that were posted.

We did some considering, and the 'winner' was:
Spoiler:

Thank you all for applying to the RP.
SUs are now CLOSED.
I will try to write up the starting post and kick things off as soon as possible.
Also, a notice: I will be on a short hiatus from Saturday to next Thursday, but I'll try to start before that.
Here is the posting order, PLEASE abide by it:

MrGhost (Me)

The Magus (Thread Admin)

The Bringer (If there's any trouble doing two posts at once and you want me to give you a different spot for each char, hit me up via PM/VM.)

RainbowMunchies

The Jewel of Life

Jenningzo

DoubleJ

NSM Eclipse

Godrex2

Thank you all, I hope you have fun at Height of Discord!

Last edited:
Years
DoubleJ:
...And about your wonder guard,
I'm thinking it could get dumbed down a bit.
Like for instance, a grass attack would do much much less damage instead of not effecting, and a fire type attack would do a LOT of damage instead of OHKOing...
I think that system should work okay...
Aw, man. And not because of some bizarre hunger for invincibility, either. I can handle him taking a bit of damage from other stuff, sure. But I was sort of looking forward to the extravagant descriptions of super effective attacks obliterating him in one hit. (Pointed stone chucked at him punches straight through his chest and out his back; a fire blast nearly misses him, but clips his wing, and he's lit up like an oily rag anyway, etc) And I was thinking that, after each battle, he regenerates/puts himself back together. (Primarily so he can be torn apart again next time, you see.) Part of the reason I picked a Shedinja was for the whole "nigh-on immune to lots of attacks, made of paper mache to others" thing. But I can roll with your system, of course. After all, you're the boss.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
Oh wowee! Thanks so much. I'll do my best to help this RP be amazing. X3

Thanks! I'll try starting it up as soon as I can!

Aw, man. And not because of some bizarre hunger for invincibility, either. I can handle him taking a bit of damage from other stuff, sure. But I was sort of looking forward to the extravagant descriptions of super effective attacks obliterating him in one hit. (Pointed stone chucked at him punches straight through his chest and out his back; a fire blast nearly misses him, but clips his wing, and he's lit up like an oily rag anyway, etc) And I was thinking that, after each battle, he regenerates/puts himself back together. (Primarily so he can be torn apart again next time, you see.) Part of the reason I picked a Shedinja was for the whole "nigh-on immune to lots of attacks, made of paper mache to others" thing. But I can roll with your system, of course. After all, you're the boss.

I'm actually totally cool if you wanna get OHKO'd XD.
Your descriptions of it look pretty interesting.
I was just trying to make WonderGuard a bit more RP friendly, but it's cool your way.
So let's get this straight, he'll take damage from non super effective attacks, but SE attacks will OHKO him?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Woo, the roleplay's gunna start! :DDDDDDDD
but naw, I'll be fine posting both characters thangs in the same post, I'll just but a noticable break inbetween the two POVs.
However, be warned that sometimes I might leave Axis back a bit and have a Terrance-centered post or vice versa, depending on how the story's commin along :X
...but yeah, usually it'll be even so I'm good :D

Years
I'm actually totally cool, if you wanna get OHKO'd XD.
Your descriptions of it look pretty interesting.
I was just trying to make WonderGuard a bit more RP friendly, but it's cool your way.
So let's get this straight, he'll take damage from non super effective attacks, but SE attacks will OHKO him?
The way I was imagining it, Aegis takes very minor damage from most attacks his wonder guard defends him from, (for example, he might get Jump Kicked into a wall, and be slightly dazed, but not be too seriously worse for wear) but he can't just, say, walk up to Mewtwo and flick his nose and expect to walk away not-vaporized. Also, I suppose this gives me the freedom to not have him instantly KO'd by a normally "Now you die!" attack if it's more amusing/logical that way. (a solid Bite might simply tear a limb clean off, for example) And how about the "dies horribly whenever possible, pieces himself back together once the battle's over" thing? I thought it'd give me more freedom to torture him, and anyway he's a GHOoOoOoOST! so I can justify it with ghostly magic. Of course, if that'd be a problem, I'll just have to be a bit more conservative with the "dies horribly" part.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
The way I was imagining it, Aegis takes very minor damage from most attacks his wonder guard defends him from, (for example, he might get Jump Kicked into a wall, and be slightly dazed, but not be too seriously worse for wear) but he can't just, say, walk up to Mewtwo and flick his nose and expect to walk away not-vaporized. Also, I suppose this gives me the freedom to not have him instantly KO'd by a normally "Now you die!" attack if it's more amusing/logical that way. (a solid Bite might simply tear a limb clean off, for example) And how about the "dies horribly whenever possible, pieces himself back together once the battle's over" thing? I thought it'd give me more freedom to torture him, and anyway he's a GHOoOoOoOST! so I can justify it with ghostly magic. Of course, if that'd be a problem, I'll just have to be a bit more conservative with the "dies horribly" part.
Everything is fine!
You're the RPer, he's your character, so you do what you want with him!
I'm perfectly fine with anything you do at all, as long as non-SE attacks do at least a bit of damage.

Aside from this...
I am pleased to inform you that Pokemon: Height of Discord is ago!
The first post has been made in the thread, and we're now free to start!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Awww... Just noticed there's a posting order >.>
It's fine I guess, but it's gunna make conversations in the rp a bit awkward to time :S

BUT ANYWAYS !
sorry for not postin' last night, but I had a concert for skool
but now i'm off to the real thread~
:D

Years
Oh hai, I'm gonna continue hogging the OOC thread for a bit. About how long before the beginning of this RP are the shadow-zombie pokemon and/or the big 'ol doom tower supposed to have first appeared? Years? A year? A month? Last Thursday? About a year ago would be good for me, 'cause then Aegis would have good reason to think Aiolos' disappearance might be connected to the Corrupted.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
So, it seems we're just gunna let this die? :/
...this is why I was opposed to the whole strict posting order concept >.>

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
Years
I agree with you Bringer. It's annoying to have such great RPs die. Jewel of Life really needs to hurry up and post. >:C

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
Oookay. Because of Jewel of Life's un-notified extremely long absence, we're going to skip over them in the order.
If this becomes a future problem, I'm perfectly willing to abolish the order altogether.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Excellent :D
...but yeah, I'm fine with the posting order as long as we can skip over peeps who take way too long I guess xD
besides, Jewel will prolly be back and she can post then...

Back