• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First (Annual?) Writing Blitz (sign-up thread)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Welcome to the First (Annual?) Writing Blitz!

What's a writing blitz?
It's a very relaxed writing competition that runs for an entire month. Anyone can join, with any writing goal, with any writing project.

To explain further, unlike National Novel Writing Month, participants don't have a set word goal to reach. The only goal is the one that you make for yourself. You'll have an entire month to work on this goal. It doesn't have to be a word goal either. You can say that you'll want to complete a certain amount of chapters, or write a few short stories. Whatever you want to do, that's fine.

What do you get by participating? A group of writers cheering each other on. There's still going to be a competitive spirit, and everyone can share their experiences, questions, answers, and tips with each other. And, of course, you get to make progress on your story!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR GOAL WILL LAST YOU THE MAJORITY OF THE MONTH.

It really wouldn't be fair for someone to have a really easy goal and plenty of time to do it in compared to someone else who set a difficult goal and little time to do it in.

(Example: I wouldn't pick writing three short stories for my goal, because I know that would only take me a half-hour. I would pick writing six chapters because I know that would take me nearly a month to write.)

Participants have from June 1 to July 1 to complete their goal.

How do you sign up?
Just leave a post in this thread with your name and goal. That's it.

There will be a separate thread for everyone to share how they're doing. This thread is just for sign-ups.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Username: Astinus
Goal: Chapters 2, 3, 4 of Long Twilight Struggle: Heirs of the First Revolution (Digimon)
Three scenes of TUGMY

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Username: Bay Alexison
Goal: finish rough drafts of 1:10 to Central and two other untitled stories (all Fullmetal Alchemist)

EDIT: Okay, I suddenly thought of another fic another I want to write, so I'm adding that as well for this blitz.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Username: Cutlerine
Goal: Write chapters 29-39 of My Trip to the End of Time, by Pearl Gideon.

I'm going to regret this, I just know it. And it will be glorious.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Username: icomeanon6
Goal: Chapters 2 and 3 of Digimon Campaign, and a gag one-shot about how there are too many Pokemon nowadays.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Um, not sure about this but anyway.
Username: Dracoflare
Goal:Legend of The Dark Prince Chapter 6-10

Chimchar that can use Flare-blitz! Chapter 3-10(and complete by chapter 10 hopefully)

And a non-Pokemon fic hopefully.

Last edited:

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
Years
Username: IanDonyer
Goal: Chapters 1-10 of Sword to a Swordfight, a bleach fic that's been dancing around in my head for forever. This'll just give me an excuse.

Fun fact: I haven't actually written in roughly two months. Life's been busy, creative drought, and just overall bleh. :( Hope this'll get me off my lazy arse.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I will surely regret this, but I'm still gonna try!
Username: Vato
Goal: Well, I'm currently in Chapter IV of my FanFic Pokemon: The Rest Of All, but I'm gonna try to write until Chapter XII.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Karma is going to get back at me for this, more specific regret-ish. This is going to hurt XP

Username - Iqid Loopz

Goal - I'll be releasing Chapter 9 this week of my fan fiction Crossing the Line, sooo Chapters 10 (Part 1 and 2), 11-13, 14 (Part 1-3) 15(Part 1-3). AND start a new Crossing the Line spinoff short series. At least 1 OR 2 Chapters.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Username: Impo
Goal: 100 words a day on my personal story

It's a little easy, maybe, but just to power through the bits that are boring to write

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm going to regret this, I just know it. And it will be glorious.
I will surely regret this, but I'm still gonna try!
Karma is going to get back at me for this, more specific regret-ish. This is going to hurt XP
Yay for potential regret! =D

Going to try some myself because I will have some time off midway through the month...even if it's for studying exams.

At least two 'parts' (undecided if it'll be separated chapters or just segments of a story) of a Pokemon fic written, and finish extensive plotting/character naming of a different original story. (No titles partly to keep things under wraps and more so because I haven't yet decided =p).

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Username: Psyanic
Goal: I suppose I'll shoot for four chapters for Some Stars this month. And I want to finish a one-shot, which I really need to start plotting out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Hm... maybe this will kick me in the arse and give me motivation~

Username: FlyingHatTrick
Goal: Finish planning/fleshing out details of my personal story, and start writing the first five chapters.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
Years
Okay, here goes nothing . . .

Name: Electricmudkip
Goal: Finish at least up to chapter 11 of Not Another Adventure! Posting that fic on PC might help a little, too.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
WHO AM I

Username: Misheard Whisper (last I checked)
Goal: Chapters 6 through 10 of Something's Got To Give; Chapter 36 of Champion Game; Chapter 1 of The Sigilyph Staff (title pending)
Goal: Chapter 6 of Something's Got To Give; Chapter 36 of Champion Game; Chapter 1 of The Sigilyph Staff (title pending)

IN.

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Will try to do this, hopefully with others participating it'll give me some motivation. :P

username: diamondpearl876
goal: chapter 9 of "Survival Project", possibly chapter 10 as well.

Back