• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
1. Yeah I was, I had a whole bunch of my own made events

2. Hmmm maybe? What is JPAN's cleaner? Is that a seperate program?

3. No I didn't

4.I used the patch

Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate the time you are taking to assist me!

Your answer to 1 and 3 confuses me, you didn't modify the rom, but you made custom events.... So, you modified the rom? haha :) I guess you thought I meant with a hex editor and such. Anyways, I know that the patch will apply everything to specific areas and if you have made any custom events or modifications in those areas, they could get screwed up, whereas the tool will only apply to free space except for modifications like changing special pointers.

JPAN's cleaner is a patch will clear out every old script, event, and such. It wasn't until now that I learned his engine is built on it. Whoops. So, the patch version of his hack will clear out all old scripts from the original game. However, I just tested it myself and I can still create new events. Try patching a different rom and see how it goes. If you still can't make new events, then I don't know what to tell you. Also, give the tool a try, it won't clear out all old scripts.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
When I applied Jpans hacker, I got a problem in a few of my maps.
In AdvancedMap, when I went to the events tab, the map was gone; Like I can't see the map in the events tab, but I can see the map in the other tabs. I am not able to put new events in on those maps anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?

The problem wasn't very hard to duplicate or fix. First, you open your ROM in A-Map, click the 'Events' tab, go down to where it lists the events(Person, Signpost, Warp, Script). Change the '0' next to these to any number you like, and click 'Change events'. The screen will still show no map, but have no worries, as that will be fixed in a moment. Press Ctrl+S, making sure everything is saved, and close out of A-Map. Now, reopen your ROM in A-Map, and open the 'Events' tab again. Your map should show now. The events you previously created will be sitting in the top left corner of the map. Just click them and drag them where you want them to be.

Years
I've got something odd happening in my hack.

I copied the guy who blocks Cerulean Cave to a different map, keeping everything else the same. Now when you talk to him, he's unlimited awakenings...any ideas?

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I've got something odd happening in my hack.

I copied the guy who blocks Cerulean Cave to a different map, keeping everything else the same. Now when you talk to him, he's unlimited awakenings...any ideas?

He would have most likely had scripts in the level script assigned to him so that it changes automatically depending on where you've reached in the game. It'd be easier to just write your own script.

waw

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
1. Wouldn't have a clue. It would most likely involve ASM.

2. It should be in UNLZ, but you could try opening the ROM up in TileMolester. It will most definitely be in there.

3. You'd just have to delete the flag I'm fairly sure so that the script doesn't change no matter how many times it's used. If you want to have them ask in a new box whether they want to battle again, you'd just set a flag for the first battle and have the script go to a new script for the remainder of the battles with different dialogue. It's fairly easy stuff, and you should have looked in the tutorial section but I'll link you to a thread that more then likely has your answer somewhere. [links]

4. This is another simple script you'd have to just take your time to write. You'd have the script continue at a different place depending on the answer. Again, browse the tutorials that I linked in 3.

5. This is another extremely easy script involving the givepokemon command. You'll definitely find it in the tutorials above.

1. Leafeon evolution -> can anyone tell me how to open up the raw ASM of the game? Where you could edit something like this? (Eevee evolutions). I can't find it.

2. Thanks!
3. Thanks!
4. Thanks!
5. Thanks!

Looking at the script is hard for me, and its hard to know how to write it from a noob stand point, but those helped, and I was able to find a few others in line with all of that. Still got a couple of questions.

1. Editing Ruby Intro - (NOT title screen) - the text and Birch sprite. Apparently Text Editor works, but for me, it is all messed up. Any text edited in the intro (even those without making it repoint/go too long) messes up text ELSEWHERE (dialogue) in Littleroot.

2. Opening Sequence- Ruby has that cursed truck scene (which I'm utilizing) but I'm having trouble editing all of the dialogue! (After setting the clock, the mom comes in, after rescuing Birch, he goes into a rant in the lab with questions). No matter what part of the script on my ADVANCE MAP and PKSV I open up, this isn't showing up. Again, A-TEXT is failing me here. Recommendations or thoughts?

3. PKSVU has a script generator and there are various PKSV command tutorials out there, but what i cannot seem to find is the merging of scripts.

For example of the most complicated I would like a trainer to:
Ask a question, if yes, then battle.
If won, give pokemon/item/egg.
Then the trainer walk away/disappear like the rival.

This basic string of code is something I would really like to use. I'm seeing them in the tutorials but not exactly explaining the mixing and matching. (Maybe they are and I'm too dumb to catch it).

4. Advance Map has no highlight/copy/paste method for its tiles does it?

5. Lastly, and mostly out of interest, has anyone created map packs of Kanto/Johto for R/S/E to be uploaded via A-MAP? While this really isn't necessary, it could be super fun to mess around with.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
1. Leafeon evolution -> can anyone tell me how to open up the raw ASM of the game? Where you could edit something like this? (Eevee evolutions). I can't find it.

2. Thanks!
3. Thanks!
4. Thanks!
5. Thanks!

Looking at the script is hard for me, and its hard to know how to write it from a noob stand point, but those helped, and I was able to find a few others in line with all of that. Still got a couple of questions.

1. Editing Ruby Intro - (NOT title screen) - the text and Birch sprite. Apparently Text Editor works, but for me, it is all messed up. Any text edited in the intro (even those without making it repoint/go too long) messes up text ELSEWHERE (dialogue) in Littleroot.

2. Opening Sequence- Ruby has that cursed truck scene (which I'm utilizing) but I'm having trouble editing all of the dialogue! (After setting the clock, the mom comes in, after rescuing Birch, he goes into a rant in the lab with questions). No matter what part of the script on my ADVANCE MAP and PKSV I open up, this isn't showing up. Again, A-TEXT is failing me here. Recommendations or thoughts?

3. PKSVU has a script generator and there are various PKSV command tutorials out there, but what i cannot seem to find is the merging of scripts.

For example of the most complicated I would like a trainer to:
Ask a question, if yes, then battle.
If won, give pokemon/item/egg.
Then the trainer walk away/disappear like the rival.

This basic string of code is something I would really like to use. I'm seeing them in the tutorials but not exactly explaining the mixing and matching. (Maybe they are and I'm too dumb to catch it).

4. Advance Map has no highlight/copy/paste method for its tiles does it?

5. Lastly, and mostly out of interest, has anyone created map packs of Kanto/Johto for R/S/E to be uploaded via A-MAP? While this really isn't necessary, it could be super fun to mess around with.

1. A-text is the best way to edit the text but if you're having problems then do it manually and use a hex editor to edit the text in it.

2. You're just editing the dialogue? I recommend you using XSE rather than using PKSV it's much easier and is more widely used. And it may be because your text is larger than the text before I recommend you repointing the script by replacing the offset with a pointer and compile it again your new text should work.

3. Mixing matching? You can just put them in one script and there will be no arguments. I really recommend you using XSE.

So the script that you want would be something like this in XSE.

Spoiler:

Here's the explained script.

Spoiler:

4. There are, there's multiple buttons on top of the A-map tab like the paint and select etc.

5. Map Packs? What are those? :3

karatekid552

Years
For your "map packs", I would contact someone, you you find them, that has created maps for Jhoto/kanto on R/S/E and is willing to share them. No body has "map packs" like you would in CoD or such:D

And tajaros, those tools for painting maps are only in 1.95. Remember that because alot of people don't use 1.95 due to the bugs and it is more difficult to use. I personally, create the maps and data and such in 1.92, then open up 1.95 and draw them.

Years
Got a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to make blizzard 100% accurate in hail for fire red? I assume a similar mechanic is already built into the game since Thunder is 100% accurate in rain...

2. Is there a way to make it hail in-battle when the weather is set to snow in fire red?

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum although I've played a lot of hacks and followed this a while. I've started hacking myself, and already done some small things. There are so many tuts out there, I'm kinda lost... I'm hacking a Ruby game, and what I basicly want now, is to edit the main story line. The truck is cursed, I've accepted that. But I hope to achieve that when leaving the truck, you'll end up in Littleroot, which is fine, but then the whole Mom story needs to be changed. I found a script through AM where MOM talks to you the first time, and I'm using PKSV-UI as scripting program since XSE gives a Runtime error which won't be fixed, even after changing my DPI values (windows 7).

Sorry to be such a noob, I've modded some PC games before, but this is a bit more scripting. Main goal of this post: After the truck, I want my own scripts to start, not all the MOM/enter house/set clock scripts etc.

Thanks in advance, sorry for long post/wrong section maybe

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Got a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to make blizzard 100% accurate in hail for fire red? I assume a similar mechanic is already built into the game since Thunder is 100% accurate in rain...

As far as I know, this is already the case. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I am wrong, then it would be simple enough for any ASM hacker to add.

ETA: Here's how to do it:
Spoiler:

2. Is there a way to make it hail in-battle when the weather is set to snow in fire red?

I have done this for LC and the 649 patch, so it's possible. Lemme dig up the ASM and instructions for how to do it. I'll edit this post and put it below.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum although I've played a lot of hacks and followed this a while. I've started hacking myself, and already done some small things. There are so many tuts out there, I'm kinda lost... I'm hacking a Ruby game, and what I basicly want now, is to edit the main story line. The truck is cursed, I've accepted that. But I hope to achieve that when leaving the truck, you'll end up in Littleroot, which is fine, but then the whole Mom story needs to be changed. I found a script through AM where MOM talks to you the first time, and I'm using PKSV-UI as scripting program since XSE gives a Runtime error which won't be fixed, even after changing my DPI values (windows 7).

Sorry to be such a noob, I've modded some PC games before, but this is a bit more scripting. Main goal of this post: After the truck, I want my own scripts to start, not all the MOM/enter house/set clock scripts etc.

Thanks in advance, sorry for long post/wrong section maybe

Easy enough, go into Advance Map and delete the level scripts that contain what you're trying to remove, then write your own. If you need any help getting it to work, just pm me.

Years
As far as I know, this is already the case. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I am wrong, then it would be simple enough for any ASM hacker to add.

What I read on Pokemon DB is that this effect wasn't added until Gen 4. This was backed up when my husband experienced a miss in game with blizzard in hail. As I am not an ASM hacker, would you direct me to someone who might be able to help?

I have done this for LC and the 649 patch, so it's possible. Lemme dig up the ASM and instructions for how to do it. I'll edit this post and put it below.

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Hey guys,
A quick question. I'm trying to hack Seadra's evolution in FireRed, to not need an item/trade. I used the Pokemon Editor as part of the GBA Pokemon Game Editor Package, and changed the evolution to Level, at Level 50. However, I've got a Seadra to L50, and it goes to the "Seadra is evolving" screen, but then, this happens:
whatug.png

And Seadra fails to evolve. I tried changing the evolution to Water Stone as well, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong? Have I missed something?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Hey guys,
A quick question. I'm trying to hack Seadra's evolution in FireRed, to not need an item/trade. I used the Pokemon Editor as part of the GBA Pokemon Game Editor Package, and changed the evolution to Level, at Level 50. However, I've got a Seadra to L50, and it goes to the "Seadra is evolving" screen, but then, this happens:
whatug.png

And Seadra fails to evolve. I tried changing the evolution to Water Stone as well, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong? Have I missed something?

In Pokemon FireRed, you can only get pokemon other than the original 151 after you get the National Dex. If you really want Kingdra, directly hack in a Kingdra or use a code for getting the National Dex.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
In Pokemon FireRed, you can only get pokemon other than the original 151 after you get the National Dex. If you really want Kingdra, directly hack in a Kingdra or use a code for getting the National Dex.

Ah! That explains the problem! Thank you! :)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'm trying to change items like Metal Coat, etc., to work as evolution stones in Fire Red. I've made all the checks with the necessary tools (changed Metal Coat's field effect, changed Onix's evolution...), and I also followed the instructions in the following posts:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6745155&postcount=11
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7216463&postcount=37

However, when I click on Onix to use the item, despite the fact it shows the health bar (meaning the item is compatible), the Pokémon doesn't evolve. I haven't been able to figure out why, so I've come here. How can I do it?

karatekid552

Years
Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Someone correct me of I'm wrong, but from what I've heard, there is a special table in the game that only allows the five stones to be directly used on a Pokemon to make it evolve, no matter what field effect you set on another one. I know that many people have been able to change this and I believe I came across a tutorial in the tutorials section on how to do it. So head over there and see if you can find it.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I'm trying to change items like Metal Coat, etc., to work as evolution stones in Fire Red. I've made all the checks with the necessary tools (changed Metal Coat's field effect, changed Onix's evolution...), and I also followed the instructions in the following posts:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6745155&postcount=11
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7216463&postcount=37

However, when I click on Onix to use the item, despite the fact it shows the health bar (meaning the item is compatible), the Pokémon doesn't evolve. I haven't been able to figure out why, so I've come here. How can I do it?

I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.

karatekid552

Years
I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.

Aryan, no offence, but I believe this might be different. I tried to make my Rayquaza evolve into a Lugia with a newly created item and this exact thing happened on Ruby. I have a fully completed 370+ hr save file, with completed National Dex.

This thread is what I found earlier and what I was referring to as a tutorial, look for Jambo51's post.

Edit: Don't know why it deleted the link, here it is: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258012

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back