• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White 2 GYMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
alright guys i was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way i did anout the new gym leaders. Honestly i think there horrible now not the fact that i dont like the gym leaders or there personality's but they just were not what i though they would be like. when i think of a gym leader i think of tough trainers but i had a harder time beating some wild pokemon then i did the new Leaders so guys give me your opinion on what you think of the new leaders and there pokemon.

images

images

images

Sirfetch’d

I do LOVE the new leaders. How can anyone hate them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I was surprised to see Cheren as a Gym Leader. Didn't even recognize him the first time I saw the animated trailer. As far as difficulty goes with Cheren and Roxie, I had little to none due to my having a Riolu, and a Lucario just before fighting Roxie, so those battles were easy. Marlon.. I started with Snivy, and also had a Lilligant, so he was a joke.

I liked all three, personally, because they (Cheren and Marlon, mostly) get a nice deal of screen time outside of their Gyms.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I had little to no trouble, but that's probably because I used a legendary from a mystery gift.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I really liked the water gym and the leader. Not fussed at all about Cheren, however.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I didn't like Cheren as a Gym Leader.
I thought he would at least be the 8th Gym Leader.
In BW 1 he was soooo close to being champion.
And now, he's got level ten pokémon and teaches. ._.
What the heck, Cheren? What? The? HEEECK?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't have a problem with the new Gym Leaders or their personalities. We can criticize their battle prowess but look at were they are in the point of game you are at. Cheren is literally in your home town. I don't think a player has ever been able to fast a Gym leader as soon as you faced Cheren. Also for Cheren it seems he was "given" the pokemon or didn't have them very long. He mentions if he had his other team it would be a cake walk or something to that extent. So he is/was limited to pokemon he just obtained, so I'd cut him some slack cause by PWT time he seems to at least have an adequate team vs. Plasma for what he was given. Roxie is the second leader so she isn't that strong for me either especially considering pokemon available at Virbrank Complex and access to Riolu early on(same applies to Cheren in this case). So if you say there are easy then don't use Fighting or Steel on respective gyms. Marlon is okay as well so I don't see an issue with him, he is just as good as Wallace/Juan who I thought were "okay" . If you want to gauge the ability on the leaders then just face them in PWT for Leader or Type expert rounds.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I think the first half of Gym leaders were pretty hard to beat- well seeing the team I had (plant 2*water, 2*electro 1 flying)

blue

gucci
Years
I really like them, particularly Roxie. They seem different to the average Gym Leaders.. I don't know how but there's something about them that I like.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years

Considering Cheren changed his outlook in BW, kinda makes sense that he'd become a teacher.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Well, I chose Snivy as my starter, and I gotta say, I was literary screwed in the first 3 gyms. Cheren Work Up and bulky Pokemons are immune to my weak Snivy's Attacks...even with using Growth. Roxie was much more terrible to face, if it wasn't for the Growlithe I caught the the Virbank Complex, I wouldn't have progressed at all.
As for Marlon, he was fairly easy, probably due to advantage. Nevertheless, I totally love those new Gym Leaders. I won't talk about strength here, since it depends on how you directed your own game. I loved each and everyone's Gym and liked battling them as well.

Did you choose Tepig as your starter? :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It was an interesting twist to see Cheren become a Gym Leader. I was okay with Roxie and Marlon replacing the Striaton triplets and Lenora, though. Roxie's secondary occupation is very interesting too, and I also like how Cheren helps you throughout the game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The new Gym leaders were definitely different from the others.Roxie is definitely my favorite and it was good to see Cheren as a Gym leader.Marlon's accent was a bit hard to get used to though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
In the German version the wild west guy(is this Marlon can't remember) doesn't have an accent. Only person with an accent in the game is in the pokewood studios one of the females has an english accent :lol:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018

He mentions at some point in the game about battling with his 'real' team, I don't think it was worded like that but it was implied he still had his original team from Black and White. Given that he's a new leader, it makes sense that he'd start off as the first gym. And frankly I found him difficult. His freaking Lillipup u_u

I really liked the leaders, though. Roxie had a really cool personality, she was very level-headed. And Marlon's just... Marlon, lol.

I loved the gym redesigns too. Detested Clay's, that was so annoying, but gyms that stick out that I particularly enjoyed were Roxie's, Burgh's, Elesa's, Drayden's, and Marlon's.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Cheren: Easy with my Riolu
Roxie: Slightly more challenging with the Poisoning thing, however I had a Magnemite, so it wasn't too strenuous
Marlon: I thought he was going to be a bit of a nightmare with that Jellicent, but nah, Virizion knocked out his Carracosta quickly, Ampharos took down Wailord in 1 hit, and Ampharos took down Jellicent in two hits, after having Discharge disabled.

So in terms of "easiness", they were all easy, however I haven't struggled with any of the gyms 'cause I usually go in levelled up to two levels higher than their highest levelled Pokémon.

In terms of design and personality, I love Roxie and Marlon. Cheren still kind of bores me a bit though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well he has his team on Route 5 if you activate Memory Link =)

On topic... I like new leaders because I LOVE Homika :D
On terms of easiness... I have never thought that Gym Leaders were hard and it did not change...
Not to mention we had access to Riolu/Lucario. No point arguing, that was the key :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
I'll agree that none of the gym leaders really had any personality. The gym designs more than made up for them though! Seriously, best gyms of the series bar none.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Usually I find gym leaders don't have much personality, but I love Roxie, and they seem to have built on Elesa's character more too. I have never been so attached to a gym leader as Roxie!

I was surprised that Cheren was the first gym leader as I thought he would be one of the later ones, but it was fun feeling like you were facing a gym early on due to it being in your home town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back