• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pocket||MONSTERS: Destiny Rises [Registration+Discussion Thread]

Years

<<Click banner for opening theme>>

"the world pushes us without mercy
and when some push back
the world points and cries . . .
EVIL"

[prologue]

All around the world, Pokemon Training is at it's climax. Almost every child wants to travel around the country and build a Pokemon team at some point in their life. Pokemon journies are known to teach people valuable life experience and turn them into more able and versed human beings, parents have been encouraged to allow their children the opportunity to travel as soon as possible. The top researcher from each region is entrusted with the duty to help and guide young rookie trainers on their path to becoming young Pokemon League hopefuls. Professor Oak, second only to Professor Rowan in seniority, is one of the most iconic celebrities of the Pokemon League Association in Kanto.

An inflation of young trainers comes with it a slew of burdens on the League Association, the most problematic one would be the fact more than half of these new trainers never reach the Pokemon League Challenge requirement of eight badges. Many give up along the way, costing the League Association valuable money and resources. It only took a few months of planning and preparation to establish the new Pokemon League Association sanctioned Academies. While some Pokemon Academies already existed, the Association established a chain of official Academies directly funded and looked over by the Association which will only accept the most promising students beginning at age 14.

The leading researcher in each region is put in charge to overlook these academies and establish a successful school system. At the end of each year a Pokemon Trainer Aptitude Test is given to the students, the top three ranked students are chosen to represent the academy in the annual Pokemon League Challenge. These specially selected Rookie Trainers are not only given extremely rare Pokemon to set them apart from other trainers, but they are also given a one-of-a-kind invention known as a Pokedex. These special devices set these young trainers apart and show their duty to their academy and Professor. It's September, and that means the beginning of the new season for the Pokemon League Challenge. Kanto ran into a conundrum over the summer as the Association evaluated the test scores, three students tied for third place. Which means Kanto would have no choice but to send out five trainers to compete in the League Challenge. Each academy has already chosen their top students to represent them in the upcoming Pokemon League Challenge, and the day has come to receive their official Pokemon Starter and begin their journeys on Day One of this year's Pokemon League Challenge.

[change]

The Land of Rich Heiritage, Kanto, has seen its share of changes through time. It has been years since Team Rocket's attacks on Kanto and Johto, its the first time since the Great War of Kanto that the land has experienced such a time of peace. The world around Kanto has been advancing in technology, and Kanto itself has not fallen behind.

Different Pokemon. The biomes of the region have changed since decades ago due to years of random Pokemon being released and change in weather, making the fauna the most diverse it has ever been.

Technology. Kanto has changed and technology has advanced: towns and cities have grown, their technological advances are astonishing.

The Professor.
The once famed leading researcher of Kanto is now the retired Dr. Oak who added on to his research laboratory and converted it into the Pallet Academy where he still conducts research as the Dean. Official Pokemon League Association matters have been left to Professor Daisy Oak.

Crime. Team Rocket has been disbanded for years, their leader presumed dead after the fall of the Goldenrod Radio Tower and given a burial years later. Since then, no big crimes have been reported. Actually, no crimes at all. Not until the past couple of months has their even been a mild disturbance, but there have been reports of crimes akin to those of Team Rocket years ago. Every report has one thing in common, individuals dressed in military-esque dark clothing with masks over their mouths to hide their identities.

Destiny. Mr. Fuji, Guardian of the Pokemon Tower, along with Ms. Brinca of the Sevii Islands, have the most life experience in the region. Together, they share knowledge about the history of the land that surpasses even that of Dr. Oak. They stumbled across an amazing find, deep within the strange and surreal Tanoby Chambers of the Sevii Islands. On the walls they found a prophecy of sorts, predicting the arrival of Legendary entities who will select five special humans in their eternal struggle for dominance. In hand, these five humans can be seen holding small red books of some sort...

[partners]

Spoiler:

[rules]

1. All standarad pokecommunity forum rules apply, please refrain from spamming and making this the laughing stock of the roleplaying boards.

2. Rating is a strict 15+, for some mild language Actually no, ignore that. There might be even more language, and some adult themes and minor gore later on. I can't cater to everyone's comfort zone, you have been warned.

3. As the GM, my word is final, if there is anything you disagree with please feel free to question me. But regardless of what happens i will always have the final say. I also reserve the right to boot you if you aren't active enough, but don't worry I will give you plenty of warnings before we get to that point.

4. This roleplay will follow chapters; I'll post a chapter set in an area with the catchable pokemon and any important NPCs, you won't be able to post anything beyond the area we're in until I post the new area. For the most part, interaction will be the main driving force so these chapters won't be very detailed. Pokemon will have levels according to Bulbapedia, although I might reward great posts with TM's or unusual level-ups, so strive for originality.

5. Once the OOC thread is up, i'll dedicate the first five posts to keep track of each character's inventory and party pokemon. Each Pokemon will have a eight attack maxium.

6. When capturing pokemon, end your post with the ball shaking. I will label the wild Pokemon that are available for capture with their rarity, and unless its labeled as "rare" I will likely not refuse the capture. However, the better your post is, the higher level, better attacks, and maybe even an egg-move or useful hold item.

7. Minimum posting rate is once per week, for each player. If you post less without giving me a decent reason, your spot on the RP can be opened up. If you think this will be hard to keep up with, then please don't sign up.

[registration]

[rookie trainer]

Name: [first, last]
Pokedex Color: [Cannot be the same as someone else's]

Description: [What does your character look like? Red Hair? Brown Hair? Blue Eyes? Red Eyes? And so forth. What are they wearing? Needs to be at LEAST two paragraphs long. You can also have a picture of your character, but you still also have to write it out.]

Personality: [Funny, Distant, Afraid to show feelings and so forth. Once again, at LEAST two paragraphs.]

History: [This requires over a paragraph and should explain their childhood and any major events leading up to at least their acceptance of the Academy.]

Theme: [The basic theme song for your character which best sums up who they are as a person, or who they want to be. Cannot be the same as someone else's.]

Example Role-Play: [This is THE most important part in your Sign up, it's your first impression on me and shows me wether or not your style of roleplaying will fit this rpg. It can't be from another roleplay and it can't be random. NO, this has to be specific. Write about your character's night of August 2nd, a normal summer night and exactly one month before the league challenge began. The names of the five chosen Rookies from the academy were released and news quickly spread amongst the blogs and facedex pages of your friends. After analyzing your rivals, news casts on television and internet videos have been going viral of a gang committing horrible crimes ranging from pokemon theft to robbery. Were you up to the challenge? After deep thought, doing whatever it is that helps you think, you begin to get these strange images in your head of hieroglyphics of some sort. They look kinda like letters, but before you have a chance to try and decrypt them you receive a burning sensation on your body somewhere. But if quickly faded away, just what was that? You dont' spend much time thinking about it and go to sleep.]

[starter]

Pokemon: [Which starter do you choose?]
Nickname: [What special name will you give your Pokemon?]

Personality: [What is your Pokemon's personality. It doesn't need to be lengthy as it is tough to keep in mind two personalities. Unless you're experienced in role-playing and can handle doing two different personalities. Some people find it challenging. Most Pokemon who are paired up with humans take on the same personality as their human partners, but if you wanted your Pokemon to have a different personality from your own character, that is okay. Just keep in mind that you need to keep both personalities in tact.]

Unique Traits: [Optional. A difference or two that sets your Pokemon apart from the rest of its species. Nothing TOO major, don't change its color scheme or anything.]

[.accepted//TRAINERS]

Riku Kimura
Charizard_Man
Team:
Spoiler:

Justine Granger
Kiklion
Team:
Spoiler:

Fred Sone
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Team:
Spoiler:

Cody Willingham
Raikiri
Team:
Spoiler:

Angie Baines
PsychoJigglypuff
Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
RESERVE ME for Bulbasaur. You did see that coming.

And I can delete this post later if you wish, since you probably want to make a few posts here without mine in between :3 Just needed to get my urgent reservation in.

Years
...I just gotta make a reservation for this! Reserve me for Eevee please. :D

How long does a reservation last, by the way? Maybe I just missed that but I didn't see anything about it. :P

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Consider me interested. Should have a SU up in 24 hours or so. I'd like to reserve Pikachu, if possible.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
It'd be in the best interest of all those that I RP with that I not join this RP, but...

Sorry...

Can I reserve Squirtle? SU will be up... Soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
red.png
[trainer]

Name: Fred Sone
Academy: Pallet
Pokedex Color: Green

Description: Fred is a lean, medium tall boy with semi-curly and very blonde hair that reaches just below his ears and falls down as curled bangs across his forehead. He hasn't gotten any facial hair yet, something he is both relieved and terrified about at the same time. His face is rather pointy and slim, with a sharp nose and chin and prominent cheekbones and even though he's been called beautiful sometimes, sadly it all has a strangely non-manly tone to it. Running for exercise and playing football and other sports casually with friends, Fred has lean and decent muscles even though they don't show unless he really tries to flex them. So he can't impress girls with that, but at least he's thin rather than fat like the guys that sit in front of their computers all day long. The tone of his skin is very bright and becomes easily burned in strong sunlight. Luckily, he often gets a decent enough tan when the redness fades away.

For clothing, Fred usually wears long sleeved t-shirts, often bright ones like yellow or white. On top of that, he will wear a dark green jacket with a hood on his journey. For trousers, he most often wears slim bright or black jeans that fit his figure perfectly. On his feet, canvas shoes like white Converse are common, even though he somehow manages to tear them way too quickly. He will carry a brown shoulder-bag and have a peculiar silver watch on his left wrist, with a build in compass that always seems to point in the wrong direction. He also carries around a coin at all times. No special coin, just at least one coin for flipping in times of need.

Personality: Fred is a constant dreamer. He is of the distinct belief that fate is real and always goes around wishing for things to happen, because he believes that if he wishes hard enough, it might come true. He is hopeless when it comes to making decisions; this is why he always makes sure to carry around some coins, for flipping when he needs to make a difficult decision. There is no such thing as luck, he thinks, so whatever decision the coin makes for him, it's gotta be the right one! "Luck" is just someone somewhere poking around in the game of our lives, making the right pieces do the right things at the right time. Yeah, he has got it all figured out but he hasn't been able to convince others of this belief yet. Nor himself properly, either.

Fred is also very romantic, or at least he wants to be. But for some reason, all the girls he meets seem to place him in the "friend zone" almost immediately. They call him funny, beautiful, smart and then usually - soon enough - proceed to utter the words "you are like a brother to me". Most of his close friends are girls and he both loves and hates it. Some guys have been calling him gay because of this, which sucks since he's so very not. Easily understandable for us who know but not for his friends, Fred is really waiting for the love of his life to find him and see him for the man he really is. And not as a brother.

When he is alone, Fred can become way too thoughtful and daydream a lot. When he is with others, he is usually quite the normal guy but perhaps a bit more sarcastic and easily flustered than a macho man would be. He wants to try and be more manly but always end up being too much of a soft gentleman instead, which is the reason for his reputation. Hopelessly helpful, he can never step away when someone needs a helping hand, no matter if it's saving someone from drowning or carrying some heavy bag. He darkly blames his upbringing.

History: Fred was born and raised in Pallet Town. A true, blue Pallet kid in other words. His mother was a singer when she was younger and now she works as the music teacher in the local school. Her biggest motto is: Life is a song, so sing it as loud as you can! When Fred started school, she made him join a choir, where his naturally great voice was much appreciated. But he got picked on by the boys in his school class and so he quit after just one year, much to his mother's sadness.

Mr Sone is a photographer for the only local newspaper. He works a lot, but that's mostly because he also takes photos for the sake of art, daily. Mr Sone also has a motto: Photos are memories and memories are you! He runs an online forum for people interested in photography and other art, and is always busy with new strange art projects; some of which he has forced Fred to be part of throughout the years. An especially horrible one was a series of baby photos with baby Fred dressed up as different Disney characters with photoshopped backgrounds. It even won a price and is still talked about on the forum, but Fred swears that if his classmates ever found the Baby Disney collection, his reputation would never even have a chance of changing. Now he still clings to the chance that he might one day be seen as a proper man and not as every girl's best softie gay-friend.

Pokémon has always been part of Fred's life. His mother keeps a Jigglypuff and used to have a Whismur but the latter recently evolved into Loudred and is causing her quite the headache now. Mr Sone keeps a Mankey and a Beautifly who both assist him in his work in different ways. Especially Whismur and Beautifly were Fred's playmates when he was younger and he likes Loudred even better now. He always assumed that he'd go and become a pokémon trainer at some point in his life, he just didn't really plan on when. When he heard some of his girlfriends - sorry, girl friends - applying for a spot at Oak's academy, he jumped the bandwagon and did so too.

Surprisingly, he got in. His grades in school had never been anything special, but in the year he went to the pokémon academy, it appeared as if he had a natural talent for handling pokémon. He liked to believe that it was because pokémon training is not about numbers or facts - it's about emotion and "luck", really meaning fate! Which kind of is his specialty. He graduated after one year, not with the best grades but good enough to get among the top five and get the chance to start his life as a trainer for real.

Theme: Anamanaguchi - Another Winter

Example Role-Play: It was a hot summer night in Pallet Town. From the Sone house came tones of loud singing that were even more shrieking than usual since Mrs Sone had recently tried to begin singing opera. Mr Sone encouraged her like a dutiful husband, but Fred didn't feel such obligations. Therefore, he allowed himself to close the door to his room firmly on the top floor and sink down on his very own couch - a lime green and very wide one - with a deep sigh. He stared up into the ceiling for several minutes before anything moved in his room again.

The movement came from the open window. A butterfly pokémon fluttered in, landed on Fred's desk and yawned largely. When it spotted the boy on the couch, it shone up into a tired smile and hovered over to settle on top of his chest, barely startling him.

"Hi Beauto," Fred said softly and patted the pokémon on its head. His mother's bug pokémon usually went to sleep as soon as the sun went down. Beauto had probably been flying around looking for girls outdoors and forgotten the time. He wasn't young anymore, but that didn't seem to stop his flirtatious mind.

"I had a long day," Fred said absentmindedly, half to himself and half to Beauto. "The names of the top trainers in the academy were released. And... there were five names."

Beauto sneezed.

"And one of them was mine!"

Beauto blinked as Fred sat up and chuckled. "I'm going to be a pokémon trainer. Not just some local kid with a pokéball in his hand. A real trainer. I'll... I'll do fine." He nodded, as to convince himself. The Beautifly nodded too, with a smile and another yawn.

The slim, blonde boy got up and walked up to the window. Pallet looked so boring in the dusk. It looked boring at daytime too. It was a boring town, the town where he had lived his whole life. The town where people had a distinct opinion of him and where he couldn't seem to hope to change it any time soon. How he had wished so many times that something would happen that would force him to chance. And now it had!

So why was he a bit gloomy? Not overjoyed? Well, for a boy with as many friends as Fred really had, it's not an easy thing leaving your hometown behind. Plus, no matter how much he says that his mother steps on his nerves constantly and how freaky he believes his father to be, he still loves them. To be without them for months at a time... he had never experienced that before. He just had to bring a cellphone, or else he would probably die of loneliness before two days had gone by.

Something moved in his room again. Beauto flickered his wings vividly and then yawned a third and largest time before he settled himself comfortably on top of a cushion on the couch and fell asleep. The tiniest of snores started floating through the room towards Fred and he chuckled a little again.

No, he wouldn't be alone, come to think of it. The professor would give him a pokémon, and after that he would be able to capture even more of them. Pokémon were already his friends; it shouldn't be too hard to find new ones. Better ones. Ones that connected even better with him and who understood him.

"I know you always understood me too," he felt obligated to whisper though, with a glance at the butterfly before he went over to his bed and undressed for the night. His mother's singing had already stopped, thankfully.

Sleep didn't come easy. Partly because he was nervous. And partly because... because he was nervous about other things. A journey through Kanto wasn't all bliss and success these days. Rumors and news had been spreading about some criminal gang going around. Luckily, his parents didn't watch TV much, so they hadn't realized how serious it was. But the whole academy was buzzing about it, even though the teachers had been trying to calm the students down. Trainers with rare pokémon such as the academy's starters, and with the even rarer invention that is the pokédex... they were almost likely to be targeted by such a gang at some point. The thought made Fred shudder. He hoped luck would have it that he could save some cute girl from a thug rather than become robbed himself. No, not luck, of course. Fate. He should be fated to. He deserved some good fate, did he not?

As he lay in bed, slowly drifting closer to sleep at last, faces of the chosen trainers whirled around in his mind. Up until now, his companions and colleagues. From now on, his rivals. And the hieroglyphs... spinning around next to the faces. Replacing the faces. Forming illegible words and symbols... wait, what? What hieroglyphs?

All of a sudden, a burning sensation struck Fred and he gasped and sat up straight. Beauto lay on his back on the couch, not easily awaken. It still wasn't even midnight.

What was that strange feeling? Had he just... been burned? Fred raised his wrist to stare at where he usually had his silver watch. Nothing. Must have been in the dream. A dream of... symbols. Seriously, what weird movie had he been watching lately? He had to go back to sleep now. Tomorrow, he would probably start training harder. Only one month until his new life began. Only one... month... Zzz.

[starter]

Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: -

Personality: Bulbasaur is quite the laid back figure. He never worries unless he's really got reason to. Like when he is in apparent danger. Like in battle. He is usually friendly, calm and happy and looks on Fred's antics with a smile and a shake of the head.

Unique Traits: Bulbasaur is fascinated by fire and snow, heat and sheer cold, but dislikes rain and bathing. This might make fire and ice attacks slightly less effective on him, but at the same time might make water attacks more effective than on other grass pokémon.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Still working on this, but wanted to show my progress.

EDIT: DONE

EDIT: I think I changed everything that needed to be changed, but let me know otherwise.

Name: Cody Willingham

Academy: Pallet

Pokedex Color: Chrome

Description: Cody is best described as unassuming, standing at around 5"7 (175 cm) and weighing in at exactly 142 pounds (64kg). Many describe Cody as fairly thin, with little muscle development to speak of, as his fast acting metabolism keeps a minimal amount of fat stored around his stomach. Cody has a lanky build with long limbs, and a slightly stocky torso in comparison. Cody's skin starkly pale, a result of limited exposure to the sun. All in all, Cody looks like he belongs more at a hospital instead of the outdoors.

A wholesome thick mop of brown hair lies on top of Cody's head, with its waves and curls at the mercy of the wind and loose strands brushing across his small piercing gray eyes. Cody's eyes are void of life and passion with noticeable dark shadows beneath suggesting the boy barely gets any sleep at night because of some horrible illness preventing rest from becoming a feasible reality. Aside from this Cody's gaunt face lacks prominent features. His cheekbones are hardly noticeable. His thin nose does little to add character, while his thin lips prevent bold expression. Cody appears to care for his appearance somewhat having no facial hair or impurities, aside from some pimples dotted across his small forehead. Cody's thin cheeks have little blush to them as well, causing his pale complexion to be that more striking. What is most disturbing is Cody's permanent facial expression of boredom. No matter what the situation Cody appears to be bored, tired and aloof; an undesirable impression to make.

Cody's wardrobe is about as interesting as his physical attributes, which is not all. Cody favors darker t-shirts, usually grays or blacks. The designs are minimal, if even existent. If applicable, the decorations are usually limited to brand names being embroidered across the chest or back. Unoriginal and boring. I know. Occasionally, a reference or joke will being written on them. That is assuming you are lucky to see them, as Cody usually covers up these bursts of entertainment with a zipped hooded sweatshirt. Like his shirts, the colors are minimal ranging from darker blues to black. These are fitted, matching his lanky figure being borderline undersized at times. Cody is rarely seen without a pair of blue (sometimes bordering on gray again. It's his favorite color after all) jeans, usually ripped on the ankles or knees to bestow some element of character to them. Black sneakers are his shoes of choice, only owning 2 pairs of nearly identical shoes.

Cody fancies a few trinkets and accessories. Most notable is Cody's watch (worn on his left wrist) which happens to be a fairly fancy considering the rest of his outfit. With a silver band, a black face with silver Roman numerals for the numbers, the watch has class and reflects status which Cody lacks on both accounts. Some speculate he stole the thing, but that is for another day. Cody has a necklace with an Ouroboros symbol as a pendant. He wears it constantly, arguably obtaining the status of his favorite trinket.

Personality: Ever know that guy at school who never paid attention in class, kept to himself, never bothered anyone, maybe slept a lot and was disinterested to the events around him? Did he also possibly happen to get fairly high marks in school on nothing more than his natural abilities and some dumb luck? Cody is kind of like that.

Cody has been described as detached, unmotivated and as a young man who is wasting his potential. But really, this is just a fancy way of saying that Cody is very, very lazy. Cody abhors doing any sort of work and tries actively to minimize the amount of work he puts into any given activity, in which in itself can be interpreted as an oxymoronic effort. His resistance to activity is further fueled by the fact that Cody is easily bored with things, finding them either tedious or simply uninteresting. That being said, Cody is experimental and is always willing to try to new things with the dying hope that it may distract him from the void of being constantly bored for at least a few moments.

Because of his incurable boredom with the world and the people in it, Cody has become rather detached and apathetic to things. He rarely cares about anything that does not directly concern himself and even then will often ignore it since he has learned that things tend to "blow over" if you wait long enough. To this end, Cody has saintly patience. However, this has also caused Cody to be rather cold and uninviting towards others, generally because of his apathy and brutal honesty (as he doesn't care to lie).

Cody is not necessarily a cruel or bad person…once you get over his rather distant persona. He is excessively humble and easy going, loving to go with the flow of life. He has an incredible amount of wit and a sarcastic streak that many find enjoyable, and because of his openness to try new things he is always down to "chill" with his friends…permitting he doesn't want to nap. Cody is generally friendly to those he can stand and is a faithful, trustworthy friend. Just be prepared for a young man to tell it how it is.

History: Cody was born into a middle class family as the future middle child forever living in the shadow of an overachieving elder brother and a baby sister whose favorite pastime was whining. Cody dwelled in the suburbs of Cerculean City in a home that stable compared to most considering the unstable nature of the world. His father had a stable office job in Cerculean City, working for one of the major banks. Despite annual lay offs, Cody's father knew how to please the right people, reaping the benefits. His mother, worked on and off, at the local hospital until the birth of their youngest child. For as long as he could remember he suffered from the phenomenon sometimes known as the middle child syndrome. For understandable reasons, Cody's parents babied his sister as younger children naturally need more attention and praised his elder brother for he was something of a prodigy, so high hopes were placed upon the poor boy. Cody, on the other hand, presented himself as average and unremarkable. Often ignored, Cody went about his business like any other child. He did his best to remain out of trouble and gradually dwindled in obscurity. However, little did they realize it was all part of Cody's plan.

Obscurity, however, became Cody's comfort zone. It allowed to do what he wanted when he wanted to, which more often than not was absolutely nothing. Or at least nothing that was truly productive. From young age, Cody quickly became accustomed to minding his own business, taking care of himself, and well frankly, finding ways of keeping himself occupied. Since his parents were almost always too busy taking care of "more important things", Cody became rather independent rather quickly. However, without that guiding hand, Cody drifted away from the path to greatness and became lost in the realm of…..well place an epic word here for laziness and you get the idea.

This all really began when Cody was old enough to attend school. His elder brother was in the heart of attending school (those academies were demanding) while his baby sister was just getting out of diapers. Lost in the shuffle, Cody began attended classes with surprising enthusiasm. School was something to do (and got himself off out the home of the crying child of death) and for the most part, Cody achieved fairly high marks from the onset. He entered a circle of friends, teachers liked him, and everything was going his way. And then he got home. Home life was erratic. Baby sister needed constant attention. Big brother had a host of hobbies than needed rides too (sports, piano lessons, etc). Cody…well he was forced to fend for himself, as mentioned above. Without parents to provide that spark of passion, the motivation, the reward, and that reason to do anything, Cody grew unenthusiastic about school work and anything else associated with effort. There was no reason to do it. No reward. It wasn't like he was getting a pat on the back or anything.

Instead, Cody found other things to do and for the most part they were relatively unproductive. He chose to not get deeply involved in anything that didn't interest him or involve actual work. He deemed them "troublesome" or "uninteresting". Cody leapt from hobby to hobby, trying new things from time to time to keep himself from being too bored. Schoolwork became largely secondary, but somehow he pulled good grades out without taking it too seriously relying on just doing whatever was necessary to keep the teachers from breathing down his throat. He couldn't be bothered by the extra work that would come if he hadn't.

Over time, Cody became fairly reclusive. His social skills deteriorated. His hobbies became rather one dimensional, limiting himself to games (board games or video games), television, napping, watching the stars/clouds and his personal favorite: napping. Inactivity became a pastime of his. Cody became bored easily when trying new things, ultimately returning to simply lying around at home at peace with himself. It was the only time he felt truly comfortable and ironically productive. He bathed in his glory. Lying on the couch with the music blasting while his parents were out. Talk about living the life. At least he picked up a few useful skills as he mindlessly tried hobby after hobby.

Cody became rather detached from the world, limiting himself to very few acquaintances and becoming virtually invisible to his parents who once again favored their valedictorian and the baby sister with ADD. Cody lived his life by sitting in the back of the classroom, staring at the window or catching a few "Z"s while the teacher lectured about pointless things no one cared about. School was a breeze though, if only because idle time spent reading books or surfing the Internet filled his head with useless information that happened to be on tests. "A"s filled his report card like cake fills up an obese man.

Because of his high grades, Cody was able to squeeze himself into the Pallet Academy, partly due to family pressure (his older brother did it, why not him?) and because Cody didn't care to look into anything else of interest. Moving from his hometown down to Pallet was a drag but he didn't mind, as his parents helped him find a place to crash for the time at school. While there, somewhat surprising was Cody's natural aptitude for Pokemon and Pokemon training. It wasn't hard to figure what type beat what, what move was better than what and how to build a basic team really. It's all logic. It's all common sense. Cody was good at that kind of thing. So when Cody became one of the top graduates and was selected to get a Pokemon and Pokedex, he wasn't surprised. The whole journey thing though…it sounded like a lot of work.

Theme: Got Nuffin'- Spoon

Example Role Play:
Spoiler:

Starter

Pokemon: Pikachu
Nickname: N/A

Personality: Pikachu is, in the simplest of terms, Cody's foil. More energetic, adventurous, and outgoing than Cody, Pikachu is an active Pokemon who is more than willing to get involved in someone else's business. In that regard, Pikachu is invasive and nosy to the point of being a bit of a troublemaker. Pikachu is also poor tempered and a bit aggressive...though he would rather be called assertive. Confident, but not cocky, Pikachu can back up his attitude. Luckily, he is not too poorly tempered to be difficult to control, being surprisingly loyal and obedient. Cody and Pikachu, despite their differences, get along.

Unique Traits: N/A

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Have I missed something or why does everyone state that they want to go to the Cerulean Academy when the Pallet Academy was the only one I saw in the FP...?

Kikpanther

Years
In the SU form you have a choice of Pallet Town or Cerulean City.

There's too many people going to Cerulean now... I kind of want to switch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah but the plot doesn't say anything about Cerulean so I'm confused.

There's also no female players lol. Maybe that won't matter :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Done with my SU now! Is Charizard_Man checking this thread? ;p

Years

Rookie Trainer
rikuspriteNEW2-1.png

Name| Riku Kimura
Age| Sixteen
Gender| Male
Pokedex Color| White

Description| Standing at six feet flat and weighing in at some one hundred and fifty pounds with the physique of an experienced athlete, not to mention the nonchalant expression forever plastered on his face, appearance alone can tell that Riku is not a boy to be messed with. His olive skin is stretched across lean muscles. His hazel eyes glitter with clarity and keenness, assessing and examining the world leisurely, not usually focusing on a single aspect of his surroundings. His dark brown, almost black, hair is kept jagged into a fo-hawk with no real effort to keep it neat underneath his cap.

Usually, Riku's entire person is swathed in clothing appropriate to the weather. Given Kanto's current mild climate his signature outfit consists of a sleeveless Levis denim vest over a white graphic tee, a hand with only its thumb and pinky fingers up made up of the word "aloha" over and over in red. Held up by a light grey canvas webbed belt are his black semi-skinny jeans. He wears a pair of white Jordan 3 retro sneakers - kept in perfect condition - loosely tied, trimmed in blue with red shoelace holes and a red brand marking on the tongue. A white watch circles Riku's left wrist, a black wooden bead chain hangs from his neck holding a Pokeball pendant. A wooden bead bracelet wraps around his right wrist: cream colored beads that hold a white Moomoo Milk charm. A camouflage money pouch is secured to his belt with a short silver chain, often clanking against his left thigh. Mid-sized diamond studded earrings, brilliantly shining whenever he wears them.

>Riku Kimura<

Personality| Though Riku suffered a bad childhood and had to endure many obstacles in life he certainly did not turn down the path of 'loving himself, accepting life and growing for the better'. In other words, he strayed far from the role of the fairy tale Gary Stu. Riku, given his early education to be a gentleman, now gives off a sense of polite boredom. Not very interested in the affairs of others, in fact choosing to avoid people altogether. He has come to discover that trusting someone is far too dangerous. While most think it's more morally correct to assume someone is good at first impression, Riku does the exact opposite. Everyone he first meets―or even those he's only heard about―are automatically put under 'deceiver'. Anyone could be a liar, a cheater, a heartbreaker.. And he isn't willing to take the time or risk to figure out which they are.

He is known to make witty comments, and is quick to have his walls up and ready for combat. Love has not been a big thing for him since he was always on the move, and for good reason, too. He isn't exactly lucky in that department. Riku has no friends besides pokemon, and he is quite content that way. He believes he doesn't need friendships with humans, and this has worked well for him so far. However, when it comes to other people, he can be a little hostile, rude, or completely ice cold with them. Nevertheless, deep down, beyond all of these quirks and conflicting ideas, lies a young man who only ever wanted a casual life. He's come to accept that that cannot happen now, and it is an endless, poignant feeling in his heart. All he has in this world are his memories of those happy days he spent with his family playing with Pokemon. And that, he believes, is all he will ever need. Life has been a struggle for him, and the only way he's ever known how to live is through survival. Luxury is taken too lightly by people. Not enough people know the value of hard work and the struggle to stay alive for the next sunrise. But Riku knows this, and no matter how difficult things get, he will always put on a tough, "I don't give a f*ck" attitude.

History| Riku was born into a world that many children experienced, but few dared to acknowledge. He grew up in a very old, poor neighborhood in Viridian. He lived with both his mother and his father for only a short while. A car accident took his mother from him when he was only six, and stricken with grief his father attempted suicide. After that failed, he left Riku in the care of his grandfather. His memories of his mother are vague, if not almost extinct, those of his father he rather forget. He lived with his grandfather, but he was usually looked after by a variety of baby sitters since the elderly man would spend his days in the laboratory of the Pallet Academy on the other side of the fields.

Riku was one of the only child not from an insanely wealthy background at the school he attended. It was otherwise full of wealthy, snotty and spoiled children who would constantly tease him. He was bullied all throughout elementary and middle school, mostly by the richer kids he was forced to grow up with in school. They'd tease him about his dad leaving him, or the way he always dressed in "rags" as they called it. He never let it phase him, even putting some of the bullies in their place - through big words of course. It only grew worse up until the point he was sent home early when the rich kids tossed old, rotten cafeteria food on him, and was confronted by the a mysterious gang dressed in military clothes and mugged. They left him with two broken ribs and a concussion, all for five dollars. He was alone. Slowly but surely, he began to put up a tough guy act for protection.

That was when his grandfather finally took his nose out from his research and took notice of what was going on. Now attending Pallet Academy after a rigorous entrance exam when he was fourteen, Riku enjoys his comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. He has no quarrels with any other students at the academy, even joining the basketball team and various academic clubs. Still spending most of his spare time in his dorm studying alone, he takes solace in knowing the girl's dorm is in direct view of his window..

Theme| Call Me Later...

Example Roleplay|

Spoiler:

Starter Choice

Pokemon: Charmander
Nickname: Charco

Personality: Charco's the kind of Pokemon that follows his own tempo. He doesn't really conform to the beliefs of others and kind of does his own thing. This is not to say that he's rebellious, not at all, it just means he's a crazy eccentric little lizard that embarrasses Riku on more than one occasion. He's a 'mad-scientist' kind of eccentric and enjoys examining new things, running around to make someone uncomfortable, and even steal woman's grooming supplies (he's taken quite a liking to hairbrushes in particular). The two have a very close bond, brotherly bond that would be hard to break.

Unique Traits: Charco wears a white bandanna that is wrapped around his tail, needless to say it was given to him by Riku. It stays around his tail until he grows out of it, at which point Riku plans to wrap it around his arm.​

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Alright. Some edits have been made. If any others are required, let me know and I will make them as soon as I can.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, yeah, dang xD I was hoping to get some romance going with another player, that would be fun. But oh well. Oh! Unless he suddenly realize that he actually is gay... *making plot twists lolol*

Thanks for accepting me :) Can't wait to get this started! But me and Raikiri are in college too and know how busy things can be so no worries there.

BY THE WAY you should probably change that last post into 4 words before Skymin sues you; it's a wide PC rule, Charizard :3

Kikpanther

Years
You guys are making me want to abandon my idea AGAIN and just... Make a girl. D:

there's just so many guuuysssssss UGH.

Oh, and is the theme song really required? I'm terrible at those.

Last edited:
Years
I'm also considering to make a girl, just to even things out. =P

On the other hand, I'm almost done with my SU for Leo... So I don't know. xD

Back