• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If you were thrown into the region of Johto...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
What would you do if you were transported to the region of Johto? Maybe one day some sorcerer or wizard muttered a mysterious spell and you blacked out only waking up in Azalea Town or another Johto city? Would you just sit there for a few moments and pinch yourself telling yourself repeatedly "This is just nothing but a dream..."

Or would you be inquisitive and curious, wanting to learn more about your surroundings? Would you try and find a way to escape the region or would you just shrug and move on with life, settling down in a home? Be creative as you like and explain what you would do once you've entered the amazing region of Johto :3. The more creative the post the better c:!

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I think I would try to find my way home, train pokemon and see if they can help me return, it seems alot of people are ready to give up everything they have xD If I always lived in Johto then I'd live in Goldenrod because of all the features like the Magnet Train, Department, etc.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
First off I'd be in absolute shock and just stand there for a few moments, trying to recall what just happened before pinching myself a few times, just to check it isn't one of my wonderful farfetched dreams again. When I realise it isn't, I'd let myself get over it for an hour, then calm down and explore around looking for a few Pokemon to capture for companions. I wouldn't mind living in Johto, so I'd just start a journey and aspire to be a great trainer, maybe get a profession in the Pokemon world then eventually settle down in a quiet town like Azalea or even camp out in a cave :3

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
hmmm............

New Bark Town (Elm's Lab)

Atop Mount Silver (training with Red)

Elm gives me a Starter and I'll train with Red to get stronger to get back home.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I would probably be shocked at first. but i would probably travel and train pokemon and try and find a way home eventually. it would be a new experience most definately

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I would first try to figure out what happened , then pinch myself a few times, even go as far as to hit myself with a nail-bored, after I learn where I am, I will see about getting myself a stable supply of money, and a team. Then I would see about get a ride to sinnoh, an then to Cynthia about my capabilities of returning to my world, so I will then travel across the land and defeat the gyms.After many years of training I will then beat all the champions, thereby becoming the grand champion, then I will return back to where I first started in this strange new land. Then I will release all my pokemon and move to Mt. Cornett, to settle down.
-End-
(Great I now need to write a fanfic....)

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
My pokemon trainer OC, Clover, actually grew up in Azalea town! So if I randomly just woke up one day as her, I would be so excited and grab my pack and pokemon and be on my way to explore the entire region for my own eyes! Siiigh, I'd personally would LOVE to see and climb the ruins/towers. Or go to the beach at Olivine City! Ohhh, but the dancing hall at Ecruteak City? Wow, and shopping at Goldenrod... Eeee!! I'm sorry, I just want to see everything there!

Years
As exciting as it would be in a world where Pokemon actually exist, I'd try to find my way home as soon as I could. People would be wondering where I disappeared to, and I'd rather not put a whole bunch of people into panic just so I can wander aimlessly around Johto.

BUT... if it had a similar timeline to something like Narnia (where a year there can pass while only a second does here), I'd probably make my way to Goldenrod and spend a few days there. It's the biggest city in the region, and I'd assume that I'd be able to see all sorts of different Pokemon. I wouldn't even have to own one- just seeing them would be enough for me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hmm... interesting! I guess I belong in a bustling city, Goldenrod! There's much more to do there in my opinion~

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
If I were in that situation I would probably go to Olivine City and find a home there, then travel all the way to New Bark Town and start my Pokemon adventure. Right after I become champion I'll train in Mt. Silver and be just like Red, waiting for a trainer to show up and battle them.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'd probably find a way to get to Blackthorn, and chill there for as long as needed. Its secluded, I can become a dragon tamer, and I would be laughing at people all day trying to work their way up route 45.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Seeing as how I'm an electronics nerd, I would just try to see if there's a way to connect the Poké Gear to our telephone and radio frequencies to see if I could contact people I know.
After that failed, I'd probably just live out my life. My family would move on eventually, and if I made my way back, I'd have a collection of epic companions to chill with and destroy whatever opposed me in modern civilization.
And I'd be a better Ash and actually listen to my freakin' theme song and catch more than like 8% of my goal

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
If some space-time strangeness landed me in Johto, I'd do these things:

1. Ask Professor Elm to help me get my bearings; the geography of the Pokémon world is still newish to me.
  2. Find a reliable Trainer-friend of Elm's who didn't mind a wheelchair-bound traveling companion (or even a Breeder who specialized in "service creatures" for the disabled, if such a concept existed here).
  3. With some local help, explore the region for any clues that might get me back to Reality As We Know It™.
  4. If returning proved unreasonably difficult, settle down in one of the larger cities (Goldenrod perhaps?) and work on becoming a Coordinator; contest battles seem like the best specialty for me, judging by the original anime and my favorite Pokémon. :-) I might not become Johto League material, but contests are still fun events where I could meet more friends.
EDITED TO ADD: I assumed that contests took place everywhere in the Pokémon universe except for the new regions (Gen V and later). Boy, am I embarrassed... I'd probably go for Coordinator training anyhow, even if it meant a lot of commuting between Johto and the regions that hold contests. Goldenrod City is still a decent home base for a traveler to return to! :)

Last edited:

ZePokemonGuy

PokeTuber Novice
Years
I would be in utter shock, like would I have any of the items transported with me? Would I have my iPhone in my pocket or would it just simply cease to exist? I would think about my family but the realisation would come to pass that I may never see them again, so I would probably move on.

After gaining my bearings, I would most likely travel eastward to New Bark Town, assuming I was transported to Cherrygrove, and make my way to the Pokemon lab and get a Pokemon (not steal it like that idiot Silver) and begin my journey. Because Johto is nicely connected, I would most likely go along the trainer route and then I would be able to take the Magnet Train to Kanto.
You don't know how much I would love to settle down on one of the Sevii Islands, occasionally making my way back to Johto, like on an annual pilgrimage, to where I was teleported just to mutter the words. 'This is where it all changed...'.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
If I've been thrown in Johto, I would like to instantly have a Pikachu. And we'll train everyday. :D

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I would love to go to Goldenrod. But first I would see if it is a dream or if it is real. Then I would probably become a trainer then follow the path towards becoming a Pokemon Master then eventually finding my way back home. I would probably try riding on a flying type Pokemon like a Pidgeot to see if there's a way back to my world or I would fly to other regions and become a champion there as well. c;

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
I think i would live with it and be a pokemon trainer and train pokemon, and once my journey gets completed i will go and live in goldenrod city.

Years
I'd probably freak out at first xD
But then, I think I'd become a trainer, train as many Eevees as I can and then live in a quiet town like Newbark.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I'd walk around, look at my anime hand, find Professer Elm, and start my Journey.

Back